PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to us?

macca
23rd April 2013, 07:42 AM
In my trade & business I seem to spend endless hours each week completing forms and complying with endless customer compliance issues instead of actually working on the tools.

Last week I applied for the Permits for the Anne Beadell Highway of which there are four. Two of them are covered by the same application form. On the web site it appeared to be two different permits as the area has two names, one indigenous and the other English.
One has a fee the others are free, so 3 letters in the mail and wait to receive.

Then the Canning Stock Route, that has two permits. One for wells 5 to 15 and 40 to 51 the other for the bit in the middle 16 to 39. Both were done online, paid for $50.00 and $100 and sent back immediately.

Took a few hours to work it all out and complete.

One of them I had to give the full name all the passengers with me, what for??

Seems we have gone mad with all of this and I often wonder where all this info is kept and for what purpose.

If you have ever seen an Indian rail ticket office you might know what I mean LOL.

Our life is dominated by people in offices creating all of this and achieving what? Its no surprise we as a country are struggling to be competitive in the world market place.

Bob
23rd April 2013, 09:28 AM
We are over Governed ( Federal,State & Local)
Each Tier of Govt have to justify there existance so Permits etc are created to look as though they are gainfully employed.
Local Govt is a Joke . State Govt is a Waste of time and the Federal Govt (What can you Say)
Glad I am Retired and dont have to contend with all the Red Tape anymore.

and I dont have to Purchase a Fishing Licence anymore (Yeah)

Cuppa
23rd April 2013, 09:44 AM
In the dim & distant past when I was employed in the public health system the amount of time required of me to spend on completing 'paperwork' was ridiculous. We were invariably short staffed meaning our client contact time was restricted to far less than optimum, but on top of this the paperwork requirements cut that availability by up to a further 50%! Keeping records to ensure continuity of care is of course essential, but when the balance is dictated by 'bean counters' rather than clinical staff it becomes grossly out of kilter. Unfortunately I believe little has changed today, if anything things are worse.

Cuppa

Gstone
23rd April 2013, 11:50 AM
It would be alright if all the paperwork and red tape actually meant you ended up with better service in the end. Doesn't seem to though!

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 11:56 AM
Message on hold,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sorry your call is important to us all lines are busyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzClick Dab nab it FU4%7%kI&g

lorrieandjas
23rd April 2013, 12:08 PM
In a word (and yes I am generalising) - litigation.

Jas

Coldcomfort
23rd April 2013, 12:33 PM
On some of those isolated roads the permit system was introduced to keep track of the people that were traveling out there. It was supposed to be safety thing. Now that much of the area is in the hands of indigenous "corporations" it has become harder to get the green light to travel out there. Don't expect that you will get the paper work that you applied or first try. There may be many phone calls before you get what you need. Most of the locals here simply ignore the "permit" and just do the trip anyway.

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 01:48 PM
Hence they say apply for any permits early, I went to the cape in 83 I went "the back way"
Now to do the same trip I need to pay for a key to unlock a gate, to gain access to the Creb Track.
Everyone wants a piece of the pie, everyone, cause everyone wants money for doing nothing M2cW again so I'm up to 4 cents rounded up thats
5 cents I owe, lol

macca
23rd April 2013, 02:07 PM
Most of the locals here simply ignore the "permit" and just do the trip anyway.

Yep I heard of a 4WD jouno who refuses to obtain permits and he is allways out there doing his work.

so I'm up to 4 cents rounded up thats 5 cents I owe, lol

Piss funny but what about the GST

macca
23rd April 2013, 02:11 PM
Seems we are over governed = creating jobs for some and stopping others from doing theirs.

And shizen scared of the circling lawyers.

It has to change surely......... one day

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 04:48 PM
Plus GST is 5.something cents round that down and it 5cents I owe Go Figure I'm in front arent I ????
@ Macca that "DAY" is a long ,long, long way off. Hope you get to see it