PDA

View Full Version : Auto Lockers... which one??

Bloodyaussie
22nd April 2013, 09:57 PM
I have done a bloody front seal again and have needed to do wheel bearings for a while now so this time I want to fit a locker while it is apart..

Reading Growlers thread http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5784-My-attempt-at-installing-a-LOKKA-brand-Auto-locker but wanted to know what locker is prefered and how hard are they to install ??? do you have to measure backlash???

Who runs what locker???????????????????

Yes I have had a search but the subject matter gets lost in all the dribble we are all good at and I start to zone out!!! yeah I know..??

growler2058
22nd April 2013, 10:06 PM
Backlash not required on front diff
Easy to DIY
LoKKa (4wd systems)

GUtsy ute
22nd April 2013, 10:13 PM
Change room lockers aren't bad!!LOL

Lockrite or lokka, much the same in price and performance.
Comes down to personal choice or what your mate says!

You picked the wrong one, "Son" LOL

Stropp
22nd April 2013, 10:48 PM
A few guys over here are running the spartan lockers, cheaper and stronger apparently.

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 07:50 AM
Yeah price and location was the other question???

Setting the backlash was the only thing stopping me from doing it myself......

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 08:14 AM
Save your money and get an air or electric lokka.
IMO you'll be disappointed in having auto lockka
in front, as you can't turn it off if for eg trying to catch up with the convoy.
You only use lockkas sparingly, maybe on the back but its N/R as great LSD
Your steering will be compomised as well, I would never put one in the front.
but some people swear by them, bet they'd swear at them if they fitted an air lockka.
Go for a drive with an experienced person with a lockka and see how many times and when they use it
Then follow doing same track, It may surprise you M2Cw

growler2058
23rd April 2013, 08:18 AM
Had twin arb air lockers
Prefer my auto lokka 10 fold
Modern day auto lockers are a lot more user friendly than those in the OLD DAYS

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 08:37 AM
Same princible foot down locked, foot off unlocked right ??
Not my cup of tea, better options out there But thats just my opinion.
Had one in the rear of late 4x4 as I was offered at price I couldn't refuse.
Took it out . Not for me but you like them, hey Two different opinions
from two ppl who hav tried them. I'm just saying I wouldn't fit one
Again

mudski
23rd April 2013, 08:44 AM
I think it comes down to personal choice and what you like. Holden and Ford bla, bla, bla. The only way BA will know is for himself. He will know if the auto locker is not for him.
For me I will be going air. I just want the choice of having it on or off, but thats not we are talking about here. What has Andy got in his? Actually BA it not a stupid idea to rub Andy up the right way and ask him for a drive in his to see what its like. You both have Q's...

04OFF
23rd April 2013, 09:16 AM
IMO you'll be disappointed in having auto lockka
in front, as you can't turn it off if for eg trying to catch up with the convoy.

3D, i understand you can't turn a Lokka "off", but im a bit confused as to why this would effect catching up with a convoy ?

Only thing i can think you may mean , is flicking the car into 2wd for a short road stint, if this is the case, a Lokka wont effect this .

Or did you mean something else ?

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 09:23 AM
It comes down to dollars... I need to rebuild my hubs again and put new bearings in and I have 2 mortgages and trying for a third.. kids school fees and so on .... so me spending $2000 on getting a locker installed is not fair on my family so whether I like it or not the only locker for me is an auto if I want one at all... so dont start telling me I should forget about auto ones unless you want to buy the bloody thing for me ???

I just wanted info on the different types of auto lockers and how much people spent and where I should look for the best deal... ??? thank you!!!!!!!!

growler2058
23rd April 2013, 10:22 AM
Same princible foot down locked, foot off unlocked right ??
Not my cup of tea, better options out there But thats just my opinion.
Had one in the rear of late 4x4 as I was offered at price I couldn't refuse.
Took it out . Not for me but you like them, hey Two different opinions
from two ppl who hav tried them. I'm just saying I wouldn't fit one
Again

No always locked in 4wd unlocks when turning
Locks when turning and on the loud pedal

Stropp
23rd April 2013, 11:38 AM
Yeah price and location was the other question???

Setting the backlash was the only thing stopping me from doing it myself......

BA the guys over here are paying $460 for a spartan and installing themselves, i think a couple have had them installed for around $200, so pretty cheap.

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 11:41 AM
If thats $200 install on the front thats good value.
As cant charge extra for front end rebuild lol

Stropp
23rd April 2013, 12:48 PM
the spartans are on ebay out of the usa for $370 delivered to the door.

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 12:49 PM
Also would you need to put part time free wheeling hubs on the front ???

BigRAWesty
23rd April 2013, 01:29 PM
Also would you need to put part time free wheeling hubs on the front ???

Yea you can't run auto lokka with auto hubs.. unless you have shares in a Cv joint..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks thought so, more $$$$$ for you BA,

@ Growler you saying under going uphill you have steering???
not that you'd be going full noise you should be only creeping with locker engaged'
might have answered my own question. go figure. Still not my cup of tea, I like selecting
when and where the locker should be activated .

lhurley
23rd April 2013, 02:50 PM
http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/index.php?pag_id=111

This is the info page about a "lokka" locker. They work slightly different to the others, detroit and lockrite. But end of the day they are more or less the same thing. Try to not think of them as an "Auto-Locker" per say, think of it as an auto UN-locker.
They call Lokka's a 25 min locker, as they are that easy to install. I know i will be getting one soon. From memory they are about $400. I actually email lokka the other day to get a quote with shipping to my place (qld) so i will let you know.

I have a mate with a gq with a lockrite in it, and i would say that it hasnt hampered his turning to any real noticeable amount. The only time i ever noticed it, was when i was trying to do a flick spin (turn the car with power) but it just pushed through as it locker when i put my foot down. It comes down to, drive the car accordingly. For the price they want its almost a case of why not more then anything.

I will be getting a Lokka brand locker very soon.

Stropp
23rd April 2013, 03:01 PM
yeh one pf the guys over here that does a fair bit of hardcore stuff says the spartan has thicker pins so is stronger so i just went by his say so and bought one, so hopefully he is right.

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 03:50 PM
So that pin is the weakest link,Just the constant clunk,clunk clunk, Sorry so offence Clunk just a sound affect lol.
nah cant sell me one did have it on my 350 chev 4x4 loved the torque flick changing gears, BTW mine was fitted to the rear.
Fitted Air locker in front as Mudski is doing while front end needs reco, plus auto lockka in rear, not much would stop you,
Then removed it and fitted air lockka to rear FYI I only sold auto lockka last week to a guy with a 60s

Clunk
23rd April 2013, 04:48 PM
yeh one pf the guys over here that does a fair bit of hardcore stuff says the spartan has thicker pins so is stronger so i just went by his say so and bought one, so hopefully he is right.

Well he isn't wrong very often though hey lol

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

04OFF
23rd April 2013, 05:17 PM
Yea you can't run auto lokka with auto hubs.. unless you have shares in a Cv joint..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

You can modify the auto hubs to "only" work as manuals (just have to use wheelbrace to engauge, instead of fingers), takes about 5 min a side to do the mod, and costs 0$ :biggrin:

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 05:41 PM
I have manual hubs... they were replaced ages ago.

So who has found the best price and from where???

I want to get the stuff for this soon otherwise I will get lazy and just end up doing the seals and bearings as my money will find a home on bills or something???

Stropp
23rd April 2013, 05:50 PM
the spartans are on ebay out of the usa for $370 delivered to the door.

here you go

macca86
23rd April 2013, 05:52 PM
I have a lokka and love it haven't noticed any change to the turning circle the steering is a little heavier but power steering its still lighter than Armstrong steering.
No need to catch up to the convoy you don't get stuck or hold up the group in high range on te farm was doing 80 inte paddock didn't effect handeling only down sides I see is slightly heavy steering slight clunk engaging more positives for a far cheaper cost if on a budget it's te way to go

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 05:53 PM
here you go

Is that a link??? if so.."FAIL"... if not and you are telling me to get off my lazy ass then.... thanks and get a dog up ya!!!!!!

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 06:20 PM
I am struggling to find one for $370 LANDED????????????

Winnie
23rd April 2013, 06:27 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spartan-Locker-for-Nissan-Patrol-with-31-spline-axles-sl-npatrol-31-/121060485243?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2fc4687b&_uhb=1#ht_492wt_1184

growler2058
23rd April 2013, 06:29 PM

@ Growler you saying under going uphill you have steering???

Correct. Slight throttle control to assist but most definitely more than an air/elec locker by a long shot

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 06:31 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spartan-Locker-for-Nissan-Patrol-with-31-spline-axles-sl-npatrol-31-/121060485243?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2fc4687b&_uhb=1#ht_492wt_1184

Thanks Chris... you sexy.... much better than that Growler bloke, he was no help at all!!!!!!!

BigRAWesty
23rd April 2013, 06:49 PM
Geeze I might have to start buying a few bottles of perfume to persway wifey seeing as I'm doing a rebuild.. :p

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

growler2058
23rd April 2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks Chris... you sexy.... much better than that Growler bloke, he was no help at all!!!!!!!

Theres no helping some people

The lord helps those who help themselves

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink

teno45
23rd April 2013, 06:53 PM
You can modify the auto hubs to "only" work as manuals (just have to use wheelbrace to engauge, instead of fingers), takes about 5 min a side to do the mod, and costs 0$ :biggrin:

How do you do this? At $400 and change, I think the troll might just get itself an auto locker before the cape trip...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 06:58 PM
Theres no helping some people

The lord helps those who help themselves

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink

Do you want a cuddle Growler....... come mate lets man hug!!!!!!!!

I was looking to you for the most help???

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 07:06 PM
Can I get your 4x4 details BA I'll get a price First thing in the Morning for you.

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 07:15 PM
93 GQ Patrol 4.2efi

04OFF
23rd April 2013, 07:45 PM
How do you do this? At $400 and change, I think the troll might just get itself an auto locker before the cape trip...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It was a while ago i did mine ,so maybe search how to get your hubs apart if your not 100% sure, but its very easy, basically, you remove the hub, the bit you can now see inside that looks kinda of like a big washer, is the bit that you need to remove.

From memory, I held the hub in hand, with the "outside" face pointing up, then i tapped the "inside" outer edge/face of the hub down on a bit of timber, till the guts of the hub fall out , just remove the washer looking bit that comes out first (this is the "auto" part) then just put it back together and on the car (leaving the washer bit out)

Then ,auto = free, lock = lock.

I think i locked hub with wheelbrace to hold the guts of the hub while re-installing.

I just keep/poke my wheelbrace under the side of the drivers seat for easy access

hekarewe
23rd April 2013, 08:02 PM
3D when you said you cant unlock and auto lockka,,, you missed how the auto lokka actually works,,,, they should really be call unlokka's. i have a goanna lokka in the front of my GU and when engaging 4wd they remain locked as in turning on an air lokka they remain like this at all times when in 4wd the differance is that they sense the preasure caused from steering and then UNLOCK which is why they should be called unlokkas this allows you to manouver with out having to fumble with switches as for catching up with the convoy if your using proper convoy proceedures the convoy should not have left you behind unless your making an ass out of yourself and they are trying to get rid of you.

@ bloodyaussie the best thing i ever did to my GU was the auto lokka from goanna 4wd systems which is a copy of the lock rite lokka and matched it up with reduction gearing from marks adapters the lokka works fantasticly no air lines or wire to get caught on and they are solid i doubt if i will ever break it as for the reduction gears i now have nothing but control and traction of road now the only moving parts in the auto lokka are the springs that put the tension on unit they are a very tight fit into the front diff as for the rear diff if it is slipping i would recomend shimming it up to tighten it before putting any sort of lokka in the rear.

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 08:11 PM
It was a while ago i did mine ,so maybe search how to get your hubs apart if your not 100% sure, but its very easy, basically, you remove the hub, the bit you can now see inside that looks kinda of like a big washer, is the bit that you need to remove.

From memory, I held the hub in hand, with the "outside" face pointing up, then i tapped the "inside" outer edge/face of the hub down on a bit of timber, till the guts of the hub fall out , just remove the washer looking bit that comes out first (this is the "auto" part) then just put it back together and on the car (leaving the washer bit out)

Then ,auto = free, lock = lock.

I think i locked hub with wheelbrace to hold the guts of the hub while re-installing.

I just keep/poke my wheelbrace under the side of the drivers seat for easy access

I have had my hubs apart many times on the GQ and my old Hilux so am no stranger... I really did not need the sell on the auto locker more that I wanted opinions of the different ones and cost and where they got them from..... thanks very much for the tips !!

hekarewe
23rd April 2013, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=Westy's Accessories;364969]Yea you can't run auto lokka with auto hubs.. unless you have shares in a Cv joint..

got to disagree with that statement i have auto hubs in my GU with the auto lokka and have no issues with CV's and thats after 12 months of abuse around lithgow and up here around brisbane and will be heading up to cape york in 6 weeks with them and full of confidence . the only thing you have to remember with the lokka's is that after 4wding you need to enage 2wd and then travell in in the opersite direction ie if you were just go forward go backwards for a few meters swinging the steering so as to make sure the front diff is properly disengaged this only on;ly takes a minit a couple of meters works everytime

growler2058
23rd April 2013, 08:35 PM
Do you want a cuddle Growler....... come mate lets man hug!!!!!!!!

I was looking to you for the most help???

Ok Ok heres a helpful tip for you

BUY THE BLOODY LOKKA!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/index.php?id=29

BigRAWesty
23rd April 2013, 08:35 PM
Yea good point. Once in 2wd you have no drive to engage the lokka or auto hubs.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

lhurley
23rd April 2013, 08:47 PM
Yea good point. Once in 2wd you have no drive to engage the lokka or auto hubs.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Technically yes, but not quite. The lokka is locked at the time, regardless of engine. But when turning the wheel, the ground forces make the outside wheel turn faster then the inside wheel, it is "outrunning" the inside wheel, but equal engine drive is still going to both wheels.

lhurley
23rd April 2013, 08:48 PM
As i am also interested in getting an auto lokka, i have emailed a few places tonight for prices, i can post prices here once i get word back.

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 09:50 PM
Ok Ok heres a helpful tip for you

BUY THE BLOODY LOKKA!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/index.php?id=29

You funny man!!!!!!! so you think this is the best locker??? or this is the only one you have tried and have no opinion of any other locker!!!

nissannewby
23rd April 2013, 09:55 PM
You blokes don't have any tracks down there that require lockers :p

growler2058
23rd April 2013, 09:56 PM
You blokes don't have any tracks down there that require lockers :p

You poor misguided soul

growler2058
23rd April 2013, 09:59 PM
You funny man!!!!!!! so you think this is the best locker??? or this is the only one you have tried and have no opinion of any other locker!!!

I had twin ARB lockers in a lowlux non power steering
Ya needed muscles in ya shit to turn the steering or reflexes like a steel trap to turn the bastard on n off then its not instant. Only had the Lokka from 4wd systems so can't comment on other auto lockers

nissannewby
23rd April 2013, 10:01 PM
You poor misguided soul

I know I'm misguided but that doesn't change a thing about the tracks :p

Bloodyaussie
23rd April 2013, 10:01 PM
I had twin ARB lockers in a lowlux non power steering
Ya needed muscles in ya shit to turn the steering or reflexes like a steel trap to turn the bastard on n off then its not instant. Only had the Lokka from 4wd systems so can't comment on other auto lockers

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!

I had a Hilux with no power steering.. every now and then I would use it to go pick my daughter up from school and you really had to be on your A game as it is tight negotiating all those bad driving mums with no power steering and sitting 50m in the air!!

growler2058
23rd April 2013, 10:07 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!

I had a Hilux with no power steering.. every now and then I would use it to go pick my daughter up from school and you really had to be on your A game as it is tight negotiating all those bad driving mums with no power steering and sitting 50m in the air!!

33's locked 18psi leaf sprung lolux= pharqin pig hahahahaha
Lockin the rear only was fun had a commy v6 and shift kit auto, bit of mud and woo hoo

Stropp
23rd April 2013, 11:12 PM
Is that a link??? if so.."FAIL"... if not and you are telling me to get off my lazy ass then.... thanks and get a dog up ya!!!!!!

Yes that was a get off lazy ass :))

Bloodyaussie
24th April 2013, 07:59 AM
Yes that was a get off lazy ass :))

I dont know why I could not find it as I use to have that locker saved in my ebay??

Anyway I have a Winnie..??? ooh eer that's a bit rude isn't it!!!

Winnie
24th April 2013, 07:59 AM
I think you could repay me with a locker

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Bloodyaussie
24th April 2013, 11:47 AM
I just spoke to the guys at 4wd systems and I think I will order one of there's..

None available for 2 weeks but I dont see me getting it done before then anyway.

Want to go with the local one so I have less issues with warranty.. thanks Growler.... special cuddle for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04OFF
24th April 2013, 01:01 PM
I just spoke to the guys at 4wd systems and I think I will order one of there's..

None available for 2 weeks

FYI, 2 weeks is what they told me, actually was exactly 4 weeks before i saw it posted to bris, they told me they were getting a new batch made, when mine turned up, it had so much corrosion on it, it looked like it had been sitting around for months,(http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?6997-Crusty-Auto-Lokka-!) so i sent it back.

They very quickly and with no fuss sent me a new one, but it basically took 5 weeks from the time i paid for one , to be able to fit it, so i suggest you wait till you have it in your hand until pulling diff apart.

threedogs
24th April 2013, 03:33 PM
Thought it would arrive wrapped up in wax/greased paper.. Maybe some air got to it prior to fitting

PMC
24th April 2013, 04:04 PM
Change room lockers aren't bad!!LOL

Lockrite or lokka, much the same in price and performance.
Comes down to personal choice or what your mate says!

You picked the wrong one, "Son" LOL

I agree with GUsty ute!

I have only fitted them to the front diff of past and present Patrols. Both GQ's and GU's

Regards,

RLI

nissannewby
24th April 2013, 04:21 PM
Thought it would arrive wrapped up in wax/greased paper.. Maybe some air got to it prior to fitting

If you have a look at 04off rolled thread this is not something that would happen with him. He is extremely skilled and meticulous as well his work is awesome.

cgm
25th April 2013, 06:45 AM
I put a Lokka in front of my Trooper (Jackaroo). Had it sent directly here to Saudi. Was very happy with their service. I wasn't up to fitting it in front myself but found someone to do it. Put manual hubs on so it could effectively be on/off with hubs. Loved it. Didn't really expect it to make too much difference in sand but was surprised from time to timd how noticeable it was. Driving with it in 4wd is fine. No mucking around and basically nothing to go wrong.

Their warranty approach seems to suggest you'll break something else before it. I never had CV issues while Lokka was in, but a few weeks back (after 2 years) my mate who bought the Trooper had to change one of the AVM hubs as it had disintegrated.

I would like to put one in GU but waiting to confirm how long I'm staying here first. Will definitely be on my must have list for 4bys going forward.

tapatalk on galaxy note

Bloodyaussie
13th May 2013, 09:41 PM
Just an update.. I have ordered the Lokka brand locker and it should be a couple of weeks away, the new wheel and pinion bearing kit arrived last week and I also got a new return to centre steering dampener.

Cant wait to fit it all up and have a play!!!!

Just want to know why is there a run in period of 1000km??

Ben-e-boy
13th May 2013, 10:03 PM
Just an update.. I have ordered the Lokka brand locker and it should be a couple of weeks away, the new wheel and pinion bearing kit arrived last week and I also got a new return to centre steering dampener.

Cant wait to fit it all up and have a play!!!!

Just want to know why is there a run in period of 1000km??

No meaning to rain on your parade. I have an RTC and hate it and will not buy another. A good adjustable one is the way to go

Alitis007
13th May 2013, 10:18 PM
No meaning to rain on your parade. I have an RTC and hate it and will not buy another. A good adjustable one is the way to go

Why is that mate?? Do you loose feedback while your driving or does it fight against you when turning ?

Ben-e-boy
13th May 2013, 10:30 PM
Why is that mate?? Do you loose feedback while your driving or does it fight against you when turning ?

No matter how many times I adjust the position of the sprimg after 4wding the spring itself moves and it ends up rubbing on the shock tube itself every time you turn the wheel at slow speeds ie car park, driveway etc.
When you are in oversteer and you want to let the steering wheel go an let the wheels position itself it will only return to centre, you need to steer the rest of it yourself. That's what is like with mine anyway

Alitis007
13th May 2013, 10:45 PM
No matter how many times I adjust the position of the sprimg after 4wding the spring itself moves and it ends up rubbing on the shock tube itself every time you turn the wheel at slow speeds ie car park, driveway etc.
When you are in oversteer and you want to let the steering wheel go an let the wheels position itself it will only return to centre, you need to steer the rest of it yourself. That's what is like with mine anyway

Thats crap! Forget about drifting lol but the spring rubbing on the dampener does that affect the steering at all or just damage it?

taslucas
14th May 2013, 11:05 AM

I don't want an rtc either. A mate had one and removed it in favour of a tough dog adjustable. Another mate has one and doesn't like it. I find that unless your crawling slowly, the wheel returns to centre pretty easy anyway. Also I like my wheels to settle in their own tracks and I like to feel which way the ruts are trying to push you.
Similar to stepping the RX out on a corner I reckon George, if you floor it and let go of the wheel it returns to centre pretty quick

FanTapstic!

threedogs
14th May 2013, 11:14 AM
Nah, avoid RTC , you'll be disappointed, M2cW
as Lucas says you lose feel for the road/track
You of all should know that BA from your green days. lol

Alitis007
14th May 2013, 11:27 AM
I don't want an rtc either. A mate had one and removed it in favour of a tough dog adjustable. Another mate has one and doesn't like it. I find that unless your crawling slowly, the wheel returns to centre pretty easy anyway. Also I like my wheels to settle in their own tracks and I like to feel which way the ruts are trying to push you.
Similar to stepping the RX out on a corner I reckon George, if you floor it and let go of the wheel it returns to centre pretty quick

FanTapstic!

Nah the RX has Passive rear steering ( like a 911 carrera ) aswell and is is a totally different beast ( hair pins signed 35 you can go 70+ depending on tyres) when you hold it sideways for over 20m all 4 wheels point in the "forward" direction once you regain traction and then the car returns to a straight ahead position. Crap for skating but good for driving on a straight rd 30 degrees to the gutter lol.

But feeling the direction of the rut is what i mean by feedback or rd feel....

Alitis007
14th May 2013, 12:15 PM
Thinking about what you guys have said, a RTC dampener enhances the effect of caster ( the reason you can ride your push bike with no hands) by using the force of the dampener and not the rear wheels...

taslucas
14th May 2013, 12:33 PM
Thinking about what you guys have said, a RTC dampener enhances the effect of caster ( the reason you can ride your push bike with no hands) by using the force of the dampener and not the rear wheels...

Thus should probably go in another thread but no I dint think it's the same. With castor, the vehicle is sort or dragging the wheels strait but with rtc the wheels are getting pushed strait. Personaly I think it feels different in a mud/ruts kind of example. Also, rtc are pushing the wheels back to straight the same amount regardless of vehicle speed whereas castor straightening is relative to vehicle speed. Just my take on it

FanTapstic!

Bloodyaussie
14th May 2013, 12:48 PM
Which one would you use??

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

healy
14th May 2013, 12:58 PM
Which one would you use??

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2
I got a tough dog rtc and it feels heavy and I don't like it could of saved $70 and just gone with a standard type
Mine is also scratched up from the spring moving yet to try it off road tho

Bloodyaussie
14th May 2013, 01:44 PM
Well what one does every one use??

I had a Hilux with no power steering and these were brilliant on them to help make them drive-able at low speed .....

I bought it from a shop so can take it back..... any recommendations.

Alitis007
14th May 2013, 01:48 PM
Think the guys where saying adjustable type but didn't ask what was adjustable..

Sir Roofy
14th May 2013, 01:53 PM
Take it back you wont be happy with it and will cause you grief
then we,l have to listen to you about why you dont like it and
they wont accecpt your reason if used

dont listen to me but bene says its so

Clunk
14th May 2013, 01:54 PM
I have a tough dog RTC and have to say, I don't mind it at all. Yes steering is a little heavier but I don't like light steering anyway. Gave experienced no loss of feeling through the steering either........ Would I buy another one? Probably not as they're a bitch to set up...

BA, it's another one if those products that you either like or hate and there's only one way to find out if its suits you

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Sir Roofy
14th May 2013, 02:07 PM
i have a tough dog rtc and have to say, i don't mind it at all. Yes steering is a little heavier but i don't like light steering anyway. Gave experienced no loss of feeling through the steering either........ Would i buy another one? Probably not as they're a bitch to set up...

Ba, it's another one if those products that you either like or hate and there's only one way to find out if its suits you

don't slap it, tap it!!!!

your right clunk but the sort of country that ba plays in i dont think its the one for him

NP99
16th May 2013, 12:28 AM
This is a very good DIY vid

http://youtu.be/llaqhUs8_yk

Uncle Festa
31st May 2013, 11:11 AM
Especially female change room lockers!!

patrolmq
31st May 2013, 11:36 AM
I've got auto lockers front and rear on my MQ, not sure what type as they were already in the axles, but they work well on the road, I can still apply power whilst going around a tight bend and they don't lock, but off road as soon as one wheel slips, they lock solid. Awesome things.

Bloodyaussie
12th June 2013, 09:41 AM
5 fwarkin weeks and still no locker.

Buy Australian, bloody pisses me off that a car like a GQ I have to wait so long, not like its some odd make of car.

Could have bought the Spartan locker and had it here from the states in a week.

Just venting at the moment but really?

growler2058
12th June 2013, 10:08 AM
Very popular model BA
Good things come to those who wait ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

healy
12th June 2013, 10:20 AM
Some things take longer than expected but you will be pleased when you have it mate when I got mine it only took 2 days and I was told it would take 3 weeks lol

threedogs
12th June 2013, 11:30 AM
Heres a Tough Dog RTC damper one year old
When Pro Locker first released they only did 75s and GQ
GU was up to series 2 then I think, 100s was out,

@ BA any reason for delay, would tick me off if wanted it fitted before a big trip
or similar

I just ordered a Pro locker for the front, fitting 2 gallon air tank
along chassis, happy days. plus big black pump. but I'm in no hurry to fit ATM

Bloodyaussie
12th June 2013, 01:26 PM
Very popular model BA
Good things come to those who wait ;)

Wise words oh great one!!!!

I just want it in my widdle hands.

Winnie
12th June 2013, 01:28 PM
What good is it in your hands? Put it in your diff!

Bloodyaussie
15th June 2013, 05:16 PM
Just checked the link Winnie sent me for the Spartan locker as I am fed up and it is now $100 more than it was when I was tossing up buying it.. cant believe it!

I guess I am stuck waiting for the bloody 4wd systems one?

How much is that other brand one?

threedogs
15th June 2013, 05:23 PM
Which one you want a price on???

Stropp
15th June 2013, 09:06 PM
My spartan is in and has had two weekend tests now and is a good thing, only concern was on full lock with 2wd engaged and the hubs locked you can hear the locker ticking but only on full lock, took me a while to realise what the strange noise was.

mudski
15th June 2013, 09:14 PM
I can't believe you still haven't got it. I would be asking for a refund by now. Not acceptable.

Bloodyaussie
17th June 2013, 09:14 AM
I have the option of running auto hubs or staying with my manual locking hubs..... what is the better way to go with a locker!!!

Winnie
17th June 2013, 09:30 AM
I have heard bad things about auto hubs with auto lockers.

patrolmq
17th June 2013, 09:42 AM
I've just had my first trip out in my MQ with front and rear auto lockers, which I believe are Aussie lockers or similar- they we already fitted into the axles on another MQ that I got parts off, but I opened up the front and it was identical to the Aussie locker). I have to say, they were ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. I really can't see any reason why you'd spend more on front and rear air locker, then have another 2 things to think about switching on and off.

On the road (in 2WD), there's virtually no difference in the driving. You can go around tight bends and roundabouts as normal, on or off the power as the lockers unlock when the outside wheel goes faster than the inside. There was no audible clicking either. Off road (in 4WD) they are the muts nuts! You don't have to think about them at all. Axle twisters and steep climbs become easy with almost no wheel slip. The only thing you notice is on tight, slippery, weaving tracks (where you are going slow anyway) is the steering isn't as responsive, but lift off the throttle for a second and it comes back, nice and easy. On tracks with reasonable traction you can still use 4WD where you'd normally do so. On normal roads, in 2WD, leaving the hubs locked in has no effect, so you don't have to unlock the hubs until the end of the day when you're back on the black top.

There were steep axle twisting climbs that I did at the weekend, that neither my Delica nor my last GQ patrol would have done (at least not without a struggle in the case of the GQ). The MQ with lockers just walked up.

Attached are a few pics of a decent climb, big diagonally opposite holes, loose dirt and weeks of rain, obviously you can't really see the steepness and holes from the photos, but after years of off-roading, I never thought I would make it up, but it did easily.

growler2058
17th June 2013, 10:03 AM
See BA it'll be worth the wait ;)

Bloodyaussie
17th June 2013, 10:07 AM
I have heard bad things about auto hubs with auto lockers.

Thank you winnie for caring!!!!!! he he!!!

Its not so much the wait Growler its being told one thing then another... then I can work towards a certain time frame...?

Bloodyaussie
25th June 2013, 05:15 PM
So here is an update....... spoke to them on the phone and I think they are getting lots of calls from grumpy Patrol owners as he was at first very rude to me but after I explained certain things to him he started to suck up my ass and say that I was top of the list and blah blah..

At this stage from the way he was crapping on it might push the 2 month mark?

I just want to name and shame and I dont give a shit about how you ordered one and it turned up 2 days later as this is not my experience... 4wd systems blew smoke up my butt and continue to do so with more dribble.

I really am starting to think they are made in China ?

I paid cash nearly 2 months ago for something that was out of stock and was told 2-3 weeks and when I rang them at the 3 week mark they said they were just coming back from QLD and would be just one more week..... farkwin pigs ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4WD SYSTEMS CAN EAT A TURD AND I WILL NOT USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!!

Stropp
25th June 2013, 06:24 PM
begeez thats crap, i ordered my spartans from the usa and they were in wait awhile in 12 days which has to be some sort of record as it normally takes that long to come ex east, demand your money back and get the spartans mate.

taslucas
25th June 2013, 06:27 PM
Thats so poor jonathan. Name and shame away.

growler2058
25th June 2013, 06:33 PM
Dry ya eyes princess ;)
Two days THAT'S MY EXPERIENCE

taslucas
25th June 2013, 06:54 PM
email them a link to this thread. It may help them realise how many people are watching their service record.......

growler2058
25th June 2013, 07:17 PM
email them a link to this thread. It may help them realise how many people are watching their service record.......

X2........

Drewboyaus
25th June 2013, 07:27 PM
Total rubbish mate. I would be demanding my money back, with interest.
I imagine you will be able to order a lock-rite, Detroit, spartan etc. and have it delivered from the USA before you see the product from 4WD systems.
Unbelievable they haven't even offered you your money back.
I for one will not be buying from them and I suspect neither will too many others from this forum.
Their name is now mud.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

growler2058
25th June 2013, 07:31 PM
DoNT GEt a DETROiT pig of a thing

Drewboyaus
25th June 2013, 07:56 PM
DoNT GEt a DETROiT pig of a thing

What's wrong with a Detroit?

Bloodyaussie
25th June 2013, 08:19 PM
As I have stated a number of times now the spartan locker is now $100 more than when I ordered this frickin one.....

growler2058
25th June 2013, 08:51 PM
What's wrong with a Detroit?

Very harsh operation

Clunk
25th June 2013, 09:00 PM
I have the option of running auto hubs or staying with my manual locking hubs..... what is the better way to go with a locker!!!

I believe you need manual hubs to run auto lockers. I know all the gu owners in my club changed theres over when fitting the auto lockers

Tappin on the MC phone

growler2058
25th June 2013, 09:03 PM
I believe you need manual hubs to run auto lockers. I know all the gu owners in my club changed theres over when fitting the auto lockers

Tappin on the MC phone

Yes that's my belief also

Bloodyaussie
25th June 2013, 09:09 PM
Does not matter much as you need a fricking locker in the first place??

I came so close to buying that Spartan but with all the talk going on about certain vendors and stuff I thought buy Australian... I blame Growler!!!

He's not home right now maybe a quickly scoot over and take his one?

Drewboyaus
25th June 2013, 09:26 PM
Very harsh operation

My understanding was the action was smoother than the cheaper versions with a little easier slip for steering.
I could be corrected though....

Winnie
25th June 2013, 09:59 PM
Does not matter much as you need a fricking locker in the first place??

I came so close to buying that Spartan but with all the talk going on about certain vendors and stuff I thought buy Australian... I blame Growler!!!

He's not home right now maybe a quickly scoot over and take his one?

It would be quicker.

Trying to use Motorculture

growler2058
25th June 2013, 10:03 PM
My understanding was the action was smoother than the cheaper versions with a little easier slip for steering.

Yeah when I was looking it was explained to me they were the harshest of the lot

Drewboyaus
25th June 2013, 10:04 PM
Yeah when I was looking it was explained to me they were the harshest of the lot

Shows how much BS the sales guys go on with.......

growler2058
25th June 2013, 10:30 PM
Shows how much BS the sales guys go on with.......

No not sales guys
People who have them

FNQGU
26th June 2013, 01:06 PM
I have a Detroit in the front of mine and love it. I would agree with other comments regarding the slight extra heaviness in the steering when under power, but otherwise I have absolute confidence in it. No harshness that i can identify. Also fitted the AVM Heavy Duty manual hubs. Was $699 from Just Differentials in the States.

Do air lockers not have a bit of heaviness in the steering under power?

patrolmq
26th June 2013, 01:28 PM

my aussie lockers can be unlocked by rotating the wheel with just 1 finger, so very sensitive. There is no noise and nothing felt when cornering, locking or unlocking.

mudski
26th June 2013, 01:46 PM
As I have stated a number of times now the spartan locker is now $100 more than when I ordered this frickin one.....
Dude. Ring them up and just tell them you want a refund. They can't refuse you a refund. They took your money, told you how long the wait is and its now double what they said. If they refuse too, tell them "I wonder what the ACCC will think of this when I tell them."

Bloodyaussie
26th June 2013, 01:50 PM
I dont want my money I want a f£^king Locker..... all these others saying yeah just get one of these or one of those can put there hands in there pockets to come up with the extra cash........... Far in country basketballs

Alitis007
26th June 2013, 02:02 PM
I dont want my money I want a f£^king Locker..... all these others saying yeah just get one of these or one of those can put there hands in there pockets to come up with the extra cash........... Far in country basketballs

How bout i take your money then and organize a big cuddle for ya ?

growler2058
26th June 2013, 02:30 PM
Just get a more expensive one jonny and be done with it ;)

Bloodyaussie
26th June 2013, 03:10 PM
Just get a more expensive one jonny and be done with it ;)

You wait till you get back.... I have a special cuddle waiting for you big boy!!!!!

growler2058
26th June 2013, 03:14 PM
You wait till you get back.... I have a special cuddle waiting for you big boy!!!!!

Maaaaaaate I can get lotsa "special" cuddles here bwahahahahahaa

Drewboyaus
26th June 2013, 07:51 PM
my aussie lockers can be unlocked by rotating the wheel with just 1 finger, so very sensitive. There is no noise and nothing felt when cornering, locking or unlocking.

I'm curious what its like under power going up a steeeeeep hill and steering or steeeeep downhill in slop.....

mudski
26th June 2013, 10:08 PM
The rate your going I will have an air locker in before you get your "Gunna" locker.

88GQwithlift
29th June 2013, 10:53 AM
i hate auto lockers.. they let go or lock when not wanted.. love my e-lockers.. on/off at the flickof a switch..

Bloodyaussie
29th June 2013, 11:11 AM
i hate auto lockers.. they let go or lock when not wanted.. love my e-lockers.. on/off at the flickof a switch..

That was not the question. .. thanks you going to buy me an e-locker??

brw1994
6th July 2013, 11:57 PM
Still no locker BA?

mudski
7th July 2013, 05:54 AM
I don't believe so...We would have heard about it if he had it I reckon.

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 05:34 PM
Canceled my order with these truckin idiots... air locker now ordered and can go and pick up anytime!!!!!

4wd systems can go eat a big fat fart.... not for it taking over 2 months but because you kept feeding me shit!!!!!!!

If they had been truthful I could have worked around it but the lies upon lies!!

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2013, 05:39 PM
Bugger! Oh well!

Go the Air Locker!! Hell Yeah you did!

Winnie
9th July 2013, 05:47 PM
Woohoo! When do you wanna install that air locker in my car? I'm free this weekend mate.

Drewboyaus
9th July 2013, 05:48 PM
Canceled my order with these truckin idiots... air locker now ordered and can go and pick up anytime!!!!!

4wd systems can go eat a big fat fart.... not for it taking over 2 months but because you kept feeding me shit!!!!!!!

If they had been truthful I could have worked around it but the lies upon lies!!

Nice one! Pleased to hear its been sorted.

growler2058
9th July 2013, 05:52 PM
Ahh well ya win some ya lose some
Another coupla buttons to glam up ya console now ;)

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 05:58 PM
Ahh well ya win some ya lose some
Another coupla buttons to glam up ya console now ;)

I'm Iceman!!!!!!

growler2058
9th July 2013, 06:01 PM
I'm Iceman!!!!!!

Hahahahha see how ya finger eye foot coordination goes
Quick quick quick push the comp push lock noooo not yet quick quick turn it off bwahahahahahahahaa
And change gear NOW

Cuppa
9th July 2013, 06:06 PM
I reckon it was all a ploy. Go the cheap auto locker option pretend there are supply problems, & then let the wife conveniently find some unpaid accounts which just happen to cover the cost of an air locker. Very clever! LOL.

Cuppa.

ps. not that I know jack about lockers, but I reckon that 'on demand' has gotta be a better option than auto.
pps. And then I read Growlers last post........ always two sides to a story I guess.

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 06:07 PM
Hahahahha see how ya finger eye foot coordination goes
Quick quick quick push the comp push lock noooo not yet quick quick turn it off bwahahahahahahahaa
And change gear NOW

Hey mate I raced for years and am a State Champion.... I think I can handle a button??? eerr hope no one is watching?????

growler2058
9th July 2013, 06:18 PM
Hey mate I raced for years and am a State Champion.... I think I can handle a button??? eerr hope no one is watching?????

Matchbox cars don't count hahahahahahaha

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 06:27 PM
I reckon it was all a ploy. Go the cheap auto locker option pretend there are supply problems, & then let the wife conveniently find some unpaid accounts which just happen to cover the cost of an air locker. Very clever! LOL.

Cuppa.

ps. not that I know jack about lockers, but I reckon that 'on demand' has gotta be a better option than auto.
pps. And then I read Growlers last post........ always two sides to a story I guess.

Thats funny Ian as I will be having a sucky conversation tonight!!!! Honey you know how it's my birthday next month?????

And Growler... Phillip Island 200kmh through turn one with your knee on the deck!!!!!!!

93patrol
9th July 2013, 06:29 PM
good to see to got it sorted BA I am sure its a weight off your shoulders

growler2058
9th July 2013, 06:30 PM
Pffftt only 2 wheels!

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 06:31 PM
Just a different course mate..... pissed me off being treated like a sucker!!!!!!

Money spent elsewhere!!!!

Suck balls 4wd Systems!!!

growler2058
9th July 2013, 06:36 PM
Mate if I'd been at home I woulda gone and told them
In person for you very poor form!!

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks mate....... and yes 2 wheels!!!!!!.... you want to see a photo of me looking so cool dont you!!

growler2058
9th July 2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks mate....... and yes 2 wheels!!!!!!.... you want to see a photo of me looking so cool dont you!!

As long as I don't have to cuddle you!

Winnie
9th July 2013, 07:40 PM

I do, could not imagine it. Same way as I could not imagine you being a jockey!!!

Drewboyaus
9th July 2013, 07:45 PM
I do, could not imagine it. Same way as I could not imagine you being a jockey!!!

Jockey, bike racer......same-same!

Alitis007
9th July 2013, 07:46 PM
Its funny, BA used to race but when i stretched gears with him in the car you would of thought he's never driven faster than 50km/h lmao

Bummer bout the auto locker tho mate but i rekon the air locker will be better for you and you will be much happier with it!

Alitis007
9th July 2013, 07:47 PM
Jockey, bike racer......same-same!

Temporary australians i call them hahahaha

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 07:59 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/WintonMay285a-1.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/WintonMay285a-1.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/_IGP0045.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/_IGP0045.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/_IGP0092.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/_IGP0092.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/MQ0Y2001.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/MQ0Y2001.jpg.html)
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x260/jpgpz/IMG_0388_1.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/jpgpz/media/IMG_0388_1.jpg.html)

Winnie
9th July 2013, 08:04 PM
You're not coming first in that last picture, state champ my ass!!!!
Very impressive though mate and something to be proud of for sure!

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 08:08 PM
Smart ass I have a trophy here that says Victorian champion 2008...

I also have a shit tonne more that are in a cardboard box in the garage because that's what happens when your life passes you by..... snifle!!!

Winnie
9th July 2013, 08:11 PM
Oh okay I thought it was a lot longer ago that you lived that life. So in short, enjoy your air locker! LMAO are you going with ARB or another brand?

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2013, 08:16 PM
200kmh into turn 1 is pretty ballsy. Looking good there mate. I was good for 1:59 around the island and was happy to be under 2mins.

Great track. Gutsy sport. Balls and All! Nice pics mate

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2013, 08:18 PM
You're not coming first in that last picture, state champ my ass!!!!

That's the start grid ;) qualify second is pretty good going.

What class is the BA? Looks like 250s? Single front disk?

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 08:23 PM
That was 250 4-strokes and I was doing under 2 min at the Island on one...

I raced 600cc Supermonos (ex Isle of Man bike)and 900cc period racing on a Kawasaki Gpz 900r but the 250's were by far the most fun!!

Mine was a twin disc front and was lethal under brakes when I bothered to use them???

growler2058
9th July 2013, 08:43 PM
Could be anyone in those pics!!

Winnie
9th July 2013, 08:47 PM
I was gonna say the same thing but that 2nd pic is definitely our Jonathan....... although people are pretty clever with photoshop nowadays......

growler2058
9th July 2013, 08:49 PM
Can't tell on the phone could be any chump

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 08:58 PM
No love at all. ......

MudRunnerTD
9th July 2013, 09:08 PM
I got love for ya mate. They be pushing your buttons mate. LMFAO

growler2058
9th July 2013, 09:10 PM
I LOVE stirring ya
But I won't give you a man hug I may squeezable ya head off ;)

Bloodyaussie
9th July 2013, 09:12 PM
I LOVE stirring ya
But I won't give you a man hug I may squeezable ya head off ;)

Now thats a real man hug...

Irish
10th July 2013, 01:27 PM
Yep, 4wd systems can go and perform an unnatural act on a rusty garbage disposal.

I've never seen such a lack of basic customer service in my life(never once picked up the phone to update on the delay, apologise or feck all).

Will never use them again and will make sure I let others know too.

All I know is they'd better refund the money paid in good faith.

taslucas
10th July 2013, 04:38 PM
Can't tell on the phone could be any chump

You can tell by the thumb growlers

motorculture sucks the big one

growler2058
10th July 2013, 05:07 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha ya mean the big toe where a thumb should be hahahajanahaja
I love 4wd systems got my Lokka in 2 that's TWO days will go there again

Bloodyaussie
10th July 2013, 05:13 PM
Yes you will go back dragging your knuckles!!!!!!

growler2058
10th July 2013, 05:16 PM
Should be in the happy thread I Spose but I LUV my LoKKa it's the neatest thing ever!!!!!!

growler2058
10th July 2013, 05:17 PM
Damn spellcheck that shoulda been bestest BESTEST thing EVA that's EVER!!!!

Bloodyaussie
10th July 2013, 05:20 PM
Pulled front and rear diffs out of the donor car today and will build the front up with all new bearing seals and new discs and brake pads...

Pick up Locker on Saturday... yahoo!!!!

growler2058
10th July 2013, 06:30 PM
Pulled front and rear diffs out of the donor car today and will build the front up with all new bearing seals and new discs and brake pads...

Pick up Locker on Saturday... yahoo!!!!

Pity you couldn't hold out for a loKKa
Grip to goannawhere ;)

Bloodyaussie
10th July 2013, 06:32 PM
I cant wait till you come back as I am going to pop over the border and say G'day in a special way!!!!!

growler2058
10th July 2013, 06:33 PM
???????????

growler2058
10th July 2013, 06:39 PM
I got a loKKa

Bloodyaussie
10th July 2013, 06:44 PM
He he he he he he he he he he he he he he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

growler2058
10th July 2013, 06:48 PM
How's this then Jonny

Bloodyaussie
10th July 2013, 06:49 PM
Gold mate gold!!!!!!!

growler2058
10th July 2013, 06:56 PM
What a high jack ay

Irish
11th July 2013, 08:37 AM
Should change your name to Ned Kelly Growler, bloody thread hijacker, lol.

When I last rang 4wd systems I was told they had a list of about 60 people waiting on lockers. I couldn't help but wonder if they had not bothered to get in touch with any of those paying customers either. $368x60, thats over $22k in orders, very poor form.

Bloodyaussie
11th July 2013, 08:57 AM
Cheers Pete so they have paid you back???

threedogs
11th July 2013, 08:59 AM
@ BA you doing anything to Diff housing Like Welding on a pumpkin saver or laminating them?

Bloodyaussie
11th July 2013, 09:22 AM
Nope..........................

Irish
11th July 2013, 09:44 AM
Will have to wait til my next bill comes through BA, should know early next week.

93patrol
11th July 2013, 10:59 AM
Can't link because I am on my phone but on gumtree in Perth there's someone selling front and rear lockers and centres for $1000

Bloodyaussie
13th July 2013, 09:50 PM
Got my locker today.... yippee!!!

Got the donor diff on the ground and will start cleaning it all up to get ready for fitment.

I will try to fit the wiring and compressor tomorrow so all that side is sorted and will try to remember to take plenty of pics!!!!

MudRunnerTD
13th July 2013, 10:00 PM
Awesome Jonathan.

Now I predict you will have trouble with the included wiring loom because you only have a front locker. Give me a bell tomorrow mate and I will talk you through the alteration to the loom to fix the problem coming your way.

Simple fix

Bloodyaussie
13th July 2013, 10:12 PM
I love problems mate, it helps with that knotted feeling in my guts and the headache!!!!

Been studying the fitment manual and had only a quick look at the loom but I just ripped out some more kitchen benches and dealing with a sick little boy who is as moody as they come so need some quiet time to go through it properly ?

healy
13th July 2013, 10:30 PM
What locker did you get? Im confused reading this thread

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

Bloodyaussie
13th July 2013, 10:36 PM
Bit the bullet and got an air locker!!!!

MudRunnerTD
13th July 2013, 10:37 PM
What locker did you get? Im confused reading this thread

The man got an Airlocker!!! Hell yeah!!

healy
13th July 2013, 10:41 PM
Tjm?

MudRunnerTD
13th July 2013, 10:42 PM
I think ARB

healy
13th July 2013, 10:48 PM
Nice either way good stuff

mudski
13th July 2013, 11:40 PM
Awesome Jonathan.

Now I predict you will have trouble with the included wiring loom because you only have a front locker. Give me a bell tomorrow mate and I will talk you through the alteration to the loom to fix the problem coming your way.

Simple fix
No need to fix the loom Daz. Its the same as mine and the whole thing is plug and play. I has provisions for a dual locker but five minutes and I had worked out what wire goes where. Every wire is colour coded and you just follow the ARB installation pdf...

MudRunnerTD
14th July 2013, 12:08 AM
Yeah it is pretty simple to sort out. BA if you have any trouble yell out bud, but pretty straight forward.

growler2058
14th July 2013, 01:12 AM
Bit the bullet and got an air locker!!!!

Nob head! No wiring issues with a LoKKa man

Bloodyaussie
14th July 2013, 09:50 AM
Nob head! No wiring issues with a LoKKa man

I am starting to feel unloved Growler... I know you wanted me to have the same locker as you so we could hold hands and giddily talk about our shared experiences with the auto locker but it was not to be!!!

I know from a little birdy that someone on here wishes they had gone the airlocker instead of the auto??? he he !!!! now go eat another prawn Growler..

growler2058
14th July 2013, 10:01 AM
Some are shepherds some are sheep ;)

mudski
14th July 2013, 10:47 AM
Shut up BA!

MudRunnerTD
14th July 2013, 11:48 AM
Hey BA the easiest way to deal with the loom mate it to just hook up the front locker through the rear locker wires as Zero change and Zero thought is needed.

Just tape the rest up. If you ever buy a rear locker the. Just swap the switch cover and swap the air hose on the solenoid.

Run a bridge wire across from the Air Compressor switch pin 3 to pin 2 on the front locker loom and your done anyways ;)

Bloodyaussie
19th July 2013, 08:23 PM
So today I installed the loom and compressor and now have a fancy set of ARB switches... dont I feel special.

I have been preparing all the parts I took out of the donor car for the big install on Sunday and it will be a two for one offer as we will be doing Mudski's also, should be a good day.

Got new pads and discs and all new bearings and seals.. cant wait!!

Irish is coming around to help and George is doing most of the diff work as he is a control freak!!! he would not let me pull the donor diff apart today... ruins all my fun?

mudski
19th July 2013, 09:40 PM
Yep I will be drinking my ass off tomorrow after work taking the front end apart. Then I have to go out at six'ish, drink more, then come home and continue on with the fun and games. Then after Sunday morning with the Three Amigo's I have to get it all back together for work on Monday. Gonna be hectic. Gawd I hope this all goes to plan.

Did I say drinking? I meant working...

Rustyboner81
20th July 2013, 07:09 PM
For those that cant afford to spend big $$ on air lockers or that have air lockers further down their list of priorities and would like to do harder tracks without tearing up tracks, shredding exspensive tyres or damaging there truck my advice to you is.....

Get a lokka delivered for around $370 and take a day to fit it yourself and enjoy your new capabillities.

You dont notice it much. Except when your mates all wheels up the air going nowhere and denting panels your already through... doesnt take the fun out

Rustyboner81
20th July 2013, 07:31 PM
This post is NA

threedogs
20th July 2013, 07:58 PM
Must remember a Locker of any description will not make you unstoppable it will how ever get you bogged further down any track you thought possible
Completely different driving style as well, for the better

Bloodyaussie
20th July 2013, 08:41 PM
For those that cant afford to spend big $$ on air lockers or that have air lockers further down their list of priorities and would like to do harder tracks without tearing up tracks, shredding exspensive tyres or damaging there truck my advice to you is.....

Get a lokka delivered for around $370 and take a day to fit it yourself and enjoy your new capabillities.

You dont notice it much. Except when your mates all wheels up the air going nowhere and denting panels your already through... doesnt take the fun out
Yeah just be prepared to wait 10 weeks for the f$%king thing!!!!!!!

4wd Systems can eat my shorts!!!

So today I spent running around getting stuff ready for tomorrow... me and Mudski will be doing our lockers together holding hands and cuddling now and then with George watching...??

I have had my calipers rebuilt, new discs, all new bearings and seals and so on.

Pressed on the bearings for the locker today and greased up all the bearings.. just have a few small things to do in the morning including pulling out the diff center but will wait for the boys to get here so I dont hurt myself.

I am sort of enjoying this one as I am not just doing a patch job but giving all parts related a good overhaul .

Stay tuned for tomorrows results.

Rustyboner81
20th July 2013, 09:15 PM
Im not claiming they make you invincable your right, you gotta use judgement soft beaches and bog holes if your gonna get bogged your gonna get bogged even your air lockers wont help, tyre type, pressures and experiance are what counts there.

But at places like the powerline line track when your half way up a climb all crossed losing traction they are priceless.
I dont need to be convinced i have pushed it too its limits and it way better than no lokka.

When im ready and cashed up i will invest in propper air/electric lockers but untill then i have no worry recommending these fantastic tools.

And yeah i waited 6 weeks for mine to turn up. I was on the phone giving them a mouthfull when the courier turned up with it.

Drewboyaus
20th July 2013, 11:05 PM
So do you want me to bring beer?

mudski
21st July 2013, 01:03 AM
So do you want me to bring beer?

As long as its the "wife beater". Yes!

Bloodyaussie
21st July 2013, 08:39 AM
Bit sore and tired but to day should be good..... locker here we come!!!!!

taslucas
21st July 2013, 09:10 AM
Bit sore and tired but to day should be good..... locker here we come!!!!!

So your finally getting around to fitting it? What have you been doing for the last 3 months!?? Geez your slack mate!

Lmao

growler2058
21st July 2013, 09:47 AM
Agree with Lucas
And wouldn't it be a better idea to have a go at starting a thread not in the auto locker thread derrrrrrr ;)

Drewboyaus
21st July 2013, 01:13 PM
As long as its the "wife beater". Yes!

As it turns out it is a slab of 'Beater......