PDA

View Full Version : Show me your box!!!

mudski
22nd April 2013, 09:33 PM
Lol, Now I got your attention.
I need to get a better box for all my electrical connectors, crimpers and all the other bits. I dropped mine last week end and broke my little finger trying to save it from the fall. At the Pimp Healy's ride meet up I did see an impressive box there. I went to SCA and Bunnings but have failed to find a good big box that will have enough compartments for all the different connectors, plus room for the crimpers, strippers, heat shrink, soldering iron, zip ties, etc etc etc.
I need a nice, usable box...

macca
22nd April 2013, 09:57 PM
Have a look at rolacase, pricey but very good. We have heaps of them in our work trucks and workshop.

Bloodyaussie
22nd April 2013, 09:59 PM
Lol, Now I got your attention.
I need to get a better box for all my electrical connectors, crimpers and all the other bits. I dropped mine last week end and broke my little finger trying to save it from the fall. At the Pimp Healy's ride meet up I did see an impressive box there. I went to SCA and Bunnings but have failed to find a good big box that will have enough compartments for all the different connectors, plus room for the crimpers, strippers, heat shrink, soldering iron, zip ties, etc etc etc.
I need a nice, usable box...
Was that my case you are you talking about or an actual box???

MEGOMONSTER
22nd April 2013, 10:00 PM
I use fishing tackle boxes, the flat plastic ones for my electrical bits and bobs.-28682

nissannewby
22nd April 2013, 10:38 PM
What was wrong with Scotty's box? Lol

Alitis007
22nd April 2013, 11:29 PM

You'd need to wear 2 garbage bags and a raincoat coz who knows where its been !! HaHaha

mudski
22nd April 2013, 11:32 PM
Was that my case you are you talking about or an actual box???
Dunno who's it was. It was a case that held all their electrical bits and bobs... I have too much of it now and hyper extending the end joint on the pinky 90degrees backwards wasn't fun. Atleast the swelling has gone and I can move it now.
But yeah it was a case or box, which ever you like to call it.

mudski
22nd April 2013, 11:33 PM
Ermagherd! Reoccurring nightmares...

mudnut
22nd April 2013, 11:41 PM
Wouldn't have been my electrical kit, because it's just a ye olde two tray fishing box.

Cbates
22nd April 2013, 11:44 PM
I think it was gq tanks box, looked pretty tidy!

NP99
22nd April 2013, 11:55 PM
SCA have plenty mate, try a different store.

mudski
23rd April 2013, 08:38 AM
I think it was gq tanks box, looked pretty tidy!
I think your right cory. Where are ya tank!?

SCA have plenty mate, try a different store.
Was at one yesty doing some contract work there, they had sweet f.a. I have 12 other SCA's also BCF's to go through in the coming weeks so I'll have to keep a look out.
Something like a fishing box would be could actually. But it needs lots of small sealed compartments for all the connectors and then some space for the tools.

macca
23rd April 2013, 08:02 PM
Found what we use for connectors and the crimper Rolacase QK001

http://www.rolacase.com/product_detail/qk001

Sir Roofy
23rd April 2013, 08:12 PM
Was it a black one with crimpers on top of gear ?was either ben e boys tank or drew boy
neat looking bag

threedogs
23rd April 2013, 08:18 PM
Look at some of the cheap fishing tackle boxes