PDA

View Full Version : GQ wagon belly tanks into GU wagon?

madgaz
20th April 2013, 07:33 PM
Has anybody put or thought about putting a GQ belly tank of about 80litres into a GU? Is it at all possible? I have a 2003 4.8st and would like to roughly double my belly tank size but i am looking for a cheaper alternative to paying the rather large sums companies want for a new tank to bolt straight in.

MudRunnerTD
20th April 2013, 07:50 PM
Hi mate, we ask new members to post an I for thread and say G'day before asking questions. Please head over to the intro section and tell us a little about yourself before asking any more questions.

Re your question:

There is a fair bit of stuffing around to fit a GQ LRA sub tank into a GU unfortunately. I was hoping to do the same thing as the GQ ones come up all the time.

The rear tank on the other hand is a straight bolt up! ;)

madgaz
20th April 2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks MudRunner, i just did the intro thing. It looks like its possible to me if ya dont mind cutting brackets off your xmembers but i dont want to be pioneering this 2 months b4 i go to the Cape. Thought i'd see what others had done or thought about this.

MudRunnerTD
20th April 2013, 08:13 PM
Yes if you ok to cut the brackets off and weld the fuel cell then I understand it should fit.

Chase up a 147lt rear tank if you can mate. They are around and bolt straight up

Acj
22nd April 2013, 10:45 PM
Was thinking the same thing
Two on eBay now