PDA

View Full Version : Hot water at camp

threedogs
20th April 2013, 03:46 PM
Picked this up on Ebay for $40 which I think is a bargain, as most others I have bid on go for around $150-$200. It has no lid ,no big deal s/s pot one is perfect fit. Plus was missing the lever on the tap.
Happy to report spout and tap are OE, so just fashioned a tap lever up out of some flat. this hopefully will sit over the fire by way of tripod and keep the water on the boil all the time, It has Clarke & Co underneath and maybe 6 gallon, date wise I'd say late 1890s to early 1900s.
One thing for sure it will getting sand blasted first thing Monday and fingers crossed there are no holes. My other water boiler is too fiddly, might make another tripod out of 19mm rod,

Cuppa
20th April 2013, 04:08 PM
Nice one, but am glad it's you carrying it & not me. It'll save a bit more weight for me to carry next time I camp with you! You must be about due for a gvm upgrade on that trailer of yours with all the gear you stash in it!

Cuppa

AB
20th April 2013, 05:01 PM
That's a good price if it holds water 3d. Interested to see how it goes...

threedogs
20th April 2013, 05:30 PM
As you know Cuppa only go to the Murray , Shite I'm re enacting Our pioneers
Now if only I can fit my anvil in or better still borrow Jandersons LOL
Believe it or not culling a bit of gear ATM as take way too much stuff, but use it all
thats the frustrating part.
@ AB I'll let you know how it goes and what medium they recommend, But inside doesn't look that bad

NP99
20th April 2013, 06:30 PM
Good find mate:) if it sand blasts up ok, it's my missing one, if not just hang on to it mate :)

oncedisturbed
20th April 2013, 10:22 PM
good score, cleaned up and coated with an engine black or bbq paint would look good