PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me what this (see pic) lever is and what it does?

soulburner2000
18th April 2013, 11:36 PM
Hi. This is not a joke. I've had this vehicle for about 6 years, but only been driving it for 8 months approx. There were a number of knobs, switches, buttons, etc that I wasn't sure of, which I'm gradually identifying (eg- hand throttle) - but still haven't got a clue what this does. Is it to do with air con? That would make sense as air con never been connected.

BigRAWesty
18th April 2013, 11:50 PM
Looks like cruze control..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Stropp
19th April 2013, 12:25 AM
Yes cruise control switch

my third 256
19th April 2013, 04:37 AM
Yes cruise control switch
x2 had it an my gq 1995 ti

NP99
19th April 2013, 06:52 AM
Good question mate, the only bad question is the one never asked :)

MC97GQ
19th April 2013, 08:24 AM
X3 on Cruise control mate,

It possibly wont work below 40kph(as most don't), find yourself a nice quiet piece of road get up to about 60kph, then flick the switch to the ON position.

Move the switch to the SET position and a light may light up on your dash to tell you it has engaged. Then you can move and hold the switch at the ACC(Accelerate) position you should feel the car begin to accelerate and if you move to DEC(Decelerate) the car should slow down.

If you put your foot on the brake or clutch(if your vehicle is a manual) the Cruise control should disengage and to turn it back on move the switch to RES(resume),

To turn it off altogether move the switch to OFF

I hope this works for you

Mark

PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS A VERY QUIET STRETCH OF ROAD, BECAUSE YOUR ATTENTION WILL BE ELSEWHERE WHILST GETTING USED TO THE CRUISE CONTROL, SO PLEASE TAKE CARE

soulburner2000
19th April 2013, 09:09 AM
X3 on Cruise control mate,

It possibly wont work below 40kph(as most don't), find yourself a nice quiet piece of road get up to about 60kph, then flick the switch to the ON position.

Move the switch to the SET position and a light may light up on your dash to tell you it has engaged. Then you can move and hold the switch at the ACC(Accelerate) position you should feel the car begin to accelerate and if you move to DEC(Decelerate) the car should slow down.

If you put your foot on the brake or clutch(if your vehicle is a manual) the Cruise control should disengage and to turn it back on move the switch to RES(resume),

To turn it off altogether move the switch to OFF

I hope this works for you

Mark

PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS A VERY QUIET STRETCH OF ROAD, BECAUSE YOUR ATTENTION WILL BE ELSEWHERE WHILST GETTING USED TO THE CRUISE CONTROL, SO PLEASE TAKE CARE

Thanks for the info. Don't think I'll be needing it.

MC97GQ
19th April 2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the info. Don't think I'll be needing it.

Hey mate if you do get a chance to try it, you wont look back, Cruise Control is excellent for long trips where you don't want to be constantly looking at the speedo.

Also wouldn't hurt to give it a try just to see if it actually works or not.

Good luck with it

Mark

soulburner2000
19th April 2013, 01:30 PM
Hey mate if you do get a chance to try it, you wont look back, Cruise Control is excellent for long trips where you don't want to be constantly looking at the speedo.

Also wouldn't hurt to give it a try just to see if it actually works or not.

Good luck with it

Mark

Yeah, I suppose it wouldn't hurt. It would've been nice to get an owner's manual or something when I bought it.

I recently found (what I imagine to be) a really old 'hand's free' set up behind the centre dash trim - now I know they didn't come with those.

I seem to have a large space for the cd/mp3 player, enough room for 2 - what originally went there? (lower centre dash)

Winnie
19th April 2013, 02:02 PM
A big double size tape player would have been in that hole! Most fill with CD player and UHF

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

sil3nt_dr3ams
16th June 2013, 03:40 AM
Hi. This is not a joke. I've had this vehicle for about 6 years, but only been driving it for 8 months approx. There were a number of knobs, switches, buttons, etc that I wasn't sure of, which I'm gradually identifying (eg- hand throttle) - but still haven't got a clue what this does. Is it to do with air con? That would make sense as air con never been connected.

That is with out a doubt the initiate warp speed controls,

MEGOMONSTER
16th June 2013, 09:57 AM
That is with out a doubt the initiate warp speed controls,

Smart arse, it's not the warp speed controls, it's the hyper speed control controls. Lol

threedogs
16th June 2013, 10:58 AM
You'll find it on the lower RHS just near the Flux capacitor,lol