PDA

View Full Version : About the song titles thread.

Cuppa
18th April 2013, 03:54 PM
The song titles thread looks like it is going to be one with long term popularity.
There are many songs mentioned I don't know (& many I do).
I would like to make a suggestion which may give added interest, particularly further down the track when the thread has built into a significant list of songs, but felt it best to ask in a separate thread, rather than risk disrupting the thread with discussion.

What do folks think of trying to include a link to the song wherever possible (Youtube is pretty good for his)?

Cuppa

93patrol
18th April 2013, 03:56 PM
sounds like a good idea Cuppa surprised no-one thought of it sooner

threedogs
18th April 2013, 03:57 PM
Like the idea but dont know how to do it, plus certain songs like Purple Rain and Teddy Bear about the cripple boy I dont think you can download.
But would love to have most songs mentioned on my playlist

TPC
18th April 2013, 04:03 PM
Will have a go Cuppa, all the songs i have put up are on my computer, they will probably be on youtube.

Yendor
18th April 2013, 04:04 PM
I think that's a good idea Cuppa.

3D is the Teddy Bear song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zoTLwrm9QE

Yendor
18th April 2013, 04:15 PM
I think that's a good idea Cuppa.

Second thoughts, I am not so sure now.

It would mean I would have to look it up before posting.

If people are interested in the song they could just google it.

Cuppa
18th April 2013, 04:22 PM
Like the idea but dont know how to do it, plus certain songs like Purple Rain and Teddy Bear about the cripple boy I dont think you can download.

1.Search on youtube for the song.
2. when found highlight & copy the page's url address.
3. when posting click on 'insert video' & paste the copied url address into the box. Click OK.
4. Jobs done - post.

Cuppa
18th April 2013, 04:28 PM
Second thoughts, I am not so sure now.

It would mean I would have to look it up before posting.

If people are interested in the song they could just google it.

Yeah they could, but with a fast building list of song titles I suspect it's pretty unlikely, but a link there right in front of you (or better still an embedded video which I can't seem to make work) much more likely. Personally I don't think 'slowing down' the process just a bit is a bad thing if it adds a bit more 'meaning'. ie.Treating each post like giving a 'gift' to everyone else rather than just a race to 'get in next???

Cuppa

Yendor
18th April 2013, 04:56 PM
Yeah they could, but with a fast building list of song titles I suspect it's pretty unlikely, but a link there right in front of you (or better still an embedded video which I can't seem to make work) much more likely. Personally I don't think 'slowing down' the process just a bit is a bad thing if it adds a bit more 'meaning'. ie.Treating each post like giving a 'gift' to everyone else rather than just a race to 'get in next???

Cuppa

I understand where you are coming from.

I don't see it as a race but as a challenge to get the brain working and try and think of a song title that fits.

I reckon we leave it open, if you want to post the link then go for it.

I'm not sure about embedding the video, AB or Todd is there any reason why this shouldn't be done?

TPC
18th April 2013, 05:00 PM
I don't see it as a race but as a challenge to get the brain working and try and think of a song title that fits.
I believe everything becomes a race when several blokes are involved.

Cuppa
18th April 2013, 05:04 PM

I reckon we leave it open, if you want to post the link then go for it.

No probs, seems reasonable to me.

Cuppa

Yendor
18th April 2013, 05:21 PM
I believe everything becomes a race when several blokes are involved.

Who's winning?

TPC
18th April 2013, 05:30 PM
Who's winning?
I have 33.

NissanGQ4.2
18th April 2013, 06:15 PM

Pretty much 99.9% of Music, video, games, applications, you name it.........if its in data form it can usually be found somewhere

................. In some peoples eyes it might not be legal though *L*

NissanGQ4.2
18th April 2013, 07:26 PM
Updated all my post to include video for you Cuppa, I'm sure you will enjoy listening to all my old school metal *LMAO*

Clunk
18th April 2013, 08:43 PM
I would err on the side of caution with posting links or embedding video due to the nature of the material in some songs and vids....... But other than that why not!!!!???

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!