PDA

View Full Version : Nissan connectors....

Coldcomfort
17th April 2013, 11:43 PM
http://webbersrbguide.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83:nissan-wiring-connectors&catid=45:wiring-electrical-a-ecu&Itemid=23

Hi all, I have been poking around the web looking for a better way of connecting up my full function tail lights on my GU.... I came across the link above and thought it might be of use to someone.

Mods : If this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it...

MEGOMONSTER
18th April 2013, 12:15 AM
I just used waterproof 6way connectors from Jaycar.

Coldcomfort
18th April 2013, 12:57 AM
I just used waterproof 6way connectors from Jaycar.

That is plan "B". I want to avoid modifying the original wiring/loom if I can.

MEGOMONSTER
18th April 2013, 12:58 AM
That is plan "B". I want to avoid modifying the original wiring/loom if I can.

I just changed one side only, and used the original on the left hand side as I couldn't find the right side connector, didn't really look hard though, cos I had pre- prepared everything I needed before I started.

Coldcomfort
18th April 2013, 01:16 AM
I just changed one side only, and used the original on the left hand side as I couldn't find the right side connector, didn't really look hard though, cos I had pre- prepared everything I needed before I started.

Preparation is the key!! Spot on. I have ordered the plugs that will go onto the original loom and then into the light assembly... Of course I will have to make/crimp all the new wires into a loom. But this will be a much more reliable install, not to mention neater. I am in the electronics industry and I cant stand shonky electrical work....

MEGOMONSTER
18th April 2013, 01:18 AM
Preparation is the key!! Spot on. I have ordered the plugs that will go onto the original loom and then into the light assembly... Of course I will have to make/crimp all the new wires into a loom. But this will be a much more reliable install, not to mention neater. I am in the electronics industry and I cant stand shonky electrical work....

Mine is probably the semi shonky, but very neat.