PDA

View Full Version : LED light bar security

NP99
17th April 2013, 12:22 AM
I am about to buy a light bar and mount it to the bull bar. What security measures do you take to ensure low life don't steal it?

Clunk
17th April 2013, 12:46 AM
Tamper proof nuts n bolts

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

BigRAWesty
17th April 2013, 01:08 AM
Or once tight drill a 3mm hole threw nut and bolt and tap a 3mm roll pin threw..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

megatexture
17th April 2013, 06:58 AM
I drilled a hole in the top tube and and panted inside then bolted it up inside ( real pain to do) with locktight and a blob of silicone over the nuts then finished it off with rubber grommits, looks great I can put a pic up if you want

Alitis007
17th April 2013, 10:29 AM
Why not just remove it till you need it?? Thats what i'm doing, plus it shouldn't take more then a whopping 5 mins to install anyway.

Why show it off if your worried it'll get knocked off!!

Sir Roofy
17th April 2013, 11:44 AM
i drilled a hole in the top tube and and panted inside then bolted it up inside ( real pain to do) with locktight and a blob of silicone over the nuts then finished it off with rubber grommits, looks great i can put a pic up if you want

kool more ideas the better pics pls

Stropp
17th April 2013, 12:08 PM
i have tamper proof nuts on mine, down the road both got theirs stolen one night and mine are still intact, not cheap but effective.

NP99
17th April 2013, 12:24 PM
I drilled a hole in the top tube and and panted inside then bolted it up inside ( real pain to do) with locktight and a blob of silicone over the nuts then finished it off with rubber grommits, looks great I can put a pic up if you want

That would be good mate

threedogs
17th April 2013, 12:50 PM
Those button allen head with the tamperproof pin like Rhino have ,I drilled mine out to 8mm and retapped them, but if they want them, theyll
get them. Would be easy enough after a few beers staring at it to come up with a solution. Nylocs are good cause thief then needs 2 shifters.
Just had an idea What size bar going down to Laser cutters shortely.

mudski
22nd April 2013, 08:30 PM
Where do we get these tamper proof thingies from? I was gonna put a tack of weld from the arc welder on the nut to thread...