PDA

View Full Version : Long time reader, First time poster

Shadow121111
15th April 2013, 08:27 PM
Hi guys , my name is Steve and I bought a 2.8TD GQ 8 months ago. Since then i've had some real troubles with the beast, and have used this forum many times when needing help, so thought I should finally become a member.

Cheers
Steve

AB
15th April 2013, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

MEGOMONSTER
15th April 2013, 08:30 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Maxhead
15th April 2013, 08:30 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

NissanGQ4.2
15th April 2013, 08:35 PM
Well your obviously in a hurry to get the manual, is there a particular problem your having that you need an answer 2?????

And welcome 2 the forum Steve

Great bunch of members on here always willing 2 help out where they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

Shadow121111
15th April 2013, 08:54 PM
Hi guys thanks for the quick response.
I have to agree this is one of the best forums, I have been on here for ages, endless hours of reading!!! (Currently 22 tabs open)
My current issue is I plan to replace the front inner axle oil seal on my GQ as it's leaking badly, and at the same time would like to replace the wheel bearings and swivel hub bearings and seals,
I have bought a kit to do this but would like to have something to reference to while carrying out these repairs, as this will be my first time.
I also would like to know what tools are required, and if the kit i have has everything in it, would hate to pull it all apart and find there are missing bits.
Other than that most of my questions have been answered by other members posts, but i'm sure i'll have more questions in the future

Thanks
Steve

growler2058
15th April 2013, 09:09 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta good mob here fulla great info and advice

MudRunnerTD
15th April 2013, 10:01 PM
Hi guys thanks for the quick response.
I have to agree this is one of the best forums, I have been on here for ages, endless hours of reading!!! (Currently 22 tabs open)
My current issue is I plan to replace the front inner axle oil seal on my GQ as it's leaking badly, and at the same time would like to replace the wheel bearings and swivel hub bearings and seals,
I have bought a kit to do this but would like to have something to reference to while carrying out these repairs, as this will be my first time.
I also would like to know what tools are required, and if the kit i have has everything in it, would hate to pull it all apart and find there are missing bits.
Other than that most of my questions have been answered by other members posts, but i'm sure i'll have more questions in the future

Thanks
Steve

G'day Steve

Welcome to the forum mate. If you have a look you will find plenty of posts on here with detailed instructions on how to do a front end rebuild. Plenty with an exploded diagram of the front end too. This is fact I know because I have posted it plenty of times.

I am happy you have been here a while and enjoy the resource! Surely in all that time you have got your head around people dumping crap and pulling up old intro threads to get the bloody manuals!!

Damn mate! Try again! I have deleted some of your posts. Seriously!

Enjoy the forum but respect the place please or with all due respect rack off.

Regards MR

PMC
15th April 2013, 10:27 PM
G'day Steve,

Welcome aboard and i hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Regards,

RLI

threedogs
16th April 2013, 07:11 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum plenty of great tips and info here,
Jump in and enjoy

my third 256
16th April 2013, 07:58 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Dhuck
16th April 2013, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Bob
16th April 2013, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Join in the Conversations and enjoy the Ride.

lorrieandjas
16th April 2013, 10:26 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Post your mechanical questions in the other areas as not everyone reads the intros and you'll get more responses over there mate.

Jas