PDA

View Full Version : Digital temp guage (watch dog type)

patrol2.8
14th April 2013, 09:27 PM
Fitted a digital temp guage the type that goes to a bolt on the head to measure the metal temp rather than water and have noticed that there is around 10 degrees difference between this and the aftermarket guage ive got to monitor the water temp the water temp sits around 87deg and the digital one sits around 10 deg cooler ive got the sender connected to the head at the rear of the motor just wondering if this sounds right engine is a 2.8 turbo

Woof
14th April 2013, 11:29 PM
I have no idea mate but hopefully someone will be along to help you

93patrol
15th April 2013, 01:10 AM
you do have water jackets that surround the coolant so that would give you a differrance in temp and also is the metal type thermometer connected near a head stud or just on the side of the block?

patrol2.8
15th April 2013, 08:41 PM
you do have water jackets that surround the coolant so that would give you a differrance in temp and also is the metal type thermometer connected near a head stud or just on the side of the block?
its connected directly to the side of the head at the rear

patrol2.8
15th April 2013, 08:48 PM
I got my ecu talk back today so will compare the difference between the temps also reading the instructions the guage calibration is adjustable between -5 and 0 not sure what that means but i guess i can try different settings and see what happens

93patrol
15th April 2013, 08:57 PM
I guess then if both temp gauges have that kind of variance then it might be about right

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

patrol2.8
15th April 2013, 09:34 PM
yeah once i refit the ecutalk will give it a good run down the highway and see what happens