PDA

View Full Version : Undercover cops

Cbates
14th April 2013, 09:33 AM
Hey guys,
just thought i would put it out there that the police have upgraded their fleet.
They now ride black bmw motorcycles that look as normal as anything.
Nothing on them would make you think, "hey thats a cop"
the lights are discreet and so are their uniform.
Just letting you know!

cheers

mudski
14th April 2013, 09:39 AM
How do you know Corey? You get pulled up from one hey... :)

MEGOMONSTER
14th April 2013, 10:37 AM
Just great, that's all I need, more ways for them to get my money.
Thanks for the update Corey.

megatexture
14th April 2013, 10:40 AM
They are sneaky bastards in brisbane they have an iveco truck with alloy tool boxes on the back I saw pulled up a fella on the western freeway not sure what for though

The BigFella
14th April 2013, 10:46 AM
last week while in Brisvagas I saw that same Iveco truck booking a couple of tradies in their small tray back utes. Apparently they are having a blitz on unsecured loads. Seems you need one of those stretchy cargo nets to beat the mongrels.

As for Victorian unmarked, I've seen the following all in Vic:
Black Commodore SS ute.
Red Holden Sports Wagon.
Lime Green XR8.
Dark Blue Kawasaki ZZR1100
Black BMW1200.
Red YamahaXJR1300.
Isuzu 3t tray back truck (with scaffolding on the racks)

talk about sneaky mongrels.

I remember when the highway still ran through Goulburn and the local constabulary leased 4x unmarked prime movers for a blitz on the truckies up and down the Hume.
Lucky they werent "driven" off the highway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MC97GQ
14th April 2013, 10:46 AM
Maybe we should get Doggy one of them BMW motor cycles and uniform seeing as he's now undercover :)

macca86
14th April 2013, 10:51 AM
I've seen in qld:
Black ss commodore ute
red Mitsubishi ralliart lancer
silver vw golf
prado
landcruiser
patrol
those Hyundai suv things
wrx
holen astra turbo
hsv clubsports
and fpv ute
all undercover plain cars plus those speed camera tradie utes

NP99
14th April 2013, 11:36 AM
Plus those speed camera vans have a copper in them paid double time, watching dvd's etc. Boring life even for double time rates.

Cbates
14th April 2013, 01:29 PM
How do you know Corey? You get pulled up from one hey... :)

Haha na mark saw a guy in a hotted up ford, luckily I saw him, I speed down that road every day....

Cbates
14th April 2013, 01:31 PM
I think that iveco truck is sneeky! What will they think of next? Smart cars? A school bus?

megatexture
14th April 2013, 01:36 PM
yep if it wasnt for the lights flashing i would have though they were friends having a chat

threedogs
14th April 2013, 02:19 PM
My mate who's a jabber had a 302 in a 66 falcon as his Police car.
Pre hoon days now, but he baited ppl to drag, then ping You're nicked son

choppie
14th April 2013, 02:23 PM
That black SS ute has RM Williams bull horns on the back window which hides the lights there's also a black tradies ute with canopy they use as
a cash box car with camera in the back, they use it from Brisvegas to Gympie, and you think the dogs sneecky

lhurley
15th April 2013, 12:32 PM
And they tell us that speed cameras aren't revenue raising. Why be so sneaky?

taslucas
15th April 2013, 12:41 PM
And they tell us that speed cameras aren't revenue raising. Why be so sneaky?

And they tell us that they just want people to slow down. Why be so sneaky??

FanTapstic!

Sir Roofy
15th April 2013, 12:52 PM
and they tell us that they just want people to slow down. Why be so sneaky??

Fantapstic!

maybe because ppl are slowing down and revenue is getting low

jack
15th April 2013, 02:05 PM
In the Otways and Great Ocean Road they have camouflaged speed cameras and detection. And after the numerous idiots I've had pass me on double lines, blind corners, driving on the wrong side of the road, stopping in the middle of the road to take pictures etc. I'm all in favor of it.
I don't live in the area but spend a lot of time there and in the last 8 years I've come across numerous accidents and five fatalities, there of these were bikers.

taslucas
15th April 2013, 03:08 PM
In the Otways and Great Ocean Road they have camouflaged speed cameras and detection. And after the numerous idiots I've had pass me on double lines, blind corners, driving on the wrong side of the road, stopping in the middle of the road to take pictures etc. I'm all in favor of it.
I don't live in the area but spend a lot of time there and in the last 8 years I've come across numerous accidents and five fatalities, there of these were bikers.

Forgive me for not understanding but none of those reasons are soley speed related? How is having a camouflaged speed camera going to save you from hitting someone thats parked in the middle of the road??
So if I drive on the wrong side of the road but keep under the speed limit I'll be safe??

FanTapstic!

lorrieandjas
15th April 2013, 03:14 PM
Hey mate - I think what Apollofish was getting at was that anything that improves safety is a good thing. Camouflaged/hidden police - I don't really have an issue with - if I speed - and I get caught - well that's my fault. Just because I see them in time if they are marked doesn't mean I am doing wrong. I don't think it stings any more or less if you get done - whether the police are out there with flashing lights or hiding behind trees!

My favourite disguise is right around the corner from where I work - the police sit hidden amongst trees - and they use a 10 year old van...... I reckon the speed camera cost more than the van!

Jas

Alitis007
15th April 2013, 03:27 PM
I've been told they have also used taxi's to bbok people in the woolongong area from friends that live there.

I don't have a problem with them hiding either, even tho i have been booked countless times i take it on the chin coz i'm in the wrong and they're only doing their job most of the time. I don't like the fact that SOME copers off duty street race and when they are on duty they lag you in and do you over or pull you up to see what you are running !!

taslucas
15th April 2013, 03:29 PM
Yeah I know what your saying I just don't like it that speed gets picked on so much. It's not the biggest cause of accidents it's just the easiest to police, because it's the easiest to measure. If you could make a device to point at a car and measure how much of an idiot the driver was (for example, about to drive on the wrong side of the road or stop to take a pic) then they'd use that and no doubt save a heap more lives.

FanTapstic!

lorrieandjas
15th April 2013, 03:47 PM
Yeah I know what your saying I just don't like it that speed gets picked on so much. It's not the biggest cause of accidents it's just the easiest to police, because it's the easiest to measure. If you could make a device to point at a car and measure how much of an idiot the driver was (for example, about to drive on the wrong side of the road or stop to take a pic) then they'd use that and no doubt save a heap more lives.

FanTapstic!

Hey mate - I hear you. I saw a prang this morning where an idiot talking on a mobile casually as you please indicated and changed lanes - into the car beside him. You couldn't have missed it - literally the car's were side-by-side when he merged. Scary stuff out there!

Jas

NP99
15th April 2013, 04:06 PM
Often they set up at the base or crest of a hill. Why, because its a cash cow.

jack
15th April 2013, 04:28 PM
Forgive me for not understanding but none of those reasons are soley speed related? How is having a camouflaged speed camera going to save you from hitting someone thats parked in the middle of the road??
So if I drive on the wrong side of the road but keep under the speed limit I'll be safe??
No, not at all.

It's not just speed related, this area is notorious for accidents and has a huge number of international tourists on the road. They fly into Melbourne and try to do the GOR return in one day, amazing how many drive off on the wrong side of the road. It's also a well know bikers route and it's not possible for the police to initiate a pursuit safely, it has an 80KPH speed limit and nearly double lines all the way. I'm not having a go at bikers (I used to ride myself), every trip you get passed by bikes or cars.
Police are using static speed cameras, cameras on bends, helicopters and camouflaged police who radio ahead. Even with all this it doesn't seem to be helping.
Two years ago I (and lots of other cars) were overtaken by a biker on double lines, 500 meters down the road his bike was stuck under a Subaru and he was up against the rock face 50 meters further down the road. He had just pulled out to overtake another car on double lines on a bend, he was 40 and left a wife and two young children without a husband or father. Also how traumatic for the people in the car involved, they were a completely innocent victims as well.
Due to the narrow road and guard rail we were stuck on the road for nearly four hours within view of his body until it was removed. Less than 3mths later we came upon another fatality, again a biker passing a car on double line straight into the path of a Toyota towing a large van. This one we were able to drive around.

My family has been personally touched by the road toll, my young cousin was killed by a drunk speeding driver who drove across a a divided road. She left a 6 year old daughter without a mother.

I'm all in favor of anything that will make the roads safer for me, my family and others.

mudski
15th April 2013, 05:26 PM
And they tell us that they just want people to slow down. Why be so sneaky??

FanTapstic!
Simple. If you see them you will slow down and then once gone, you speed up again. If you don't see them, mayby you think I should slow down just in case theres a plain wrapper lurking around....
Personally I'm all for it. Don't speed, you don't get a ticket, and you have nothing to worry about.

taslucas
15th April 2013, 06:01 PM
Simple. If you see them you will slow down and then once gone, you speed up again. If you don't see them, mayby you think I should slow down just in case theres a plain wrapper lurking around....
Personally I'm all for it. Don't speed, you don't get a ticket, and you have nothing to worry about.

Yeah I know how it works. My point is that in general day to day driving speeding isn't the main cause of accidents, it's just the easiest to police.
I live in the northwest coast of Tassie, it has the highest death rate per capita of under 25 yo males in motor vehicle accidents. And yes basically all of those deaths are speed and alcohol related (they will drink and speed no matter what the rules are). I've lost a few mates too......
There is a documentary that aired on the ABC a year or so ago called "drive". It's about "autocide" in the nw of tas. You can find it online. It's worth a look.

And by coincidence I'm typing this on my phone sitting outside the vegie shop straight across the road from where an old man was hit and killed on his bicycle. It's only a 70 zone, the driver was doing less than 60, came around the corner and went into the bike lane and killed him.........
When they make a laser pointer to catch useless drivers then we'll see a dramatic drop in the road toll.

FanTapstic!

MudRunnerTD
15th April 2013, 06:31 PM
I am an Ex Biker and breathed the Great Ocean Road Fast for many years. when it was 100 all the way and no double lines. Rode teh bike on 1 point for years and have been very very lucky not to ever loose my license. I have seen 280k/ph on the road and over 265 twoup and done the Vic high country at double the speed limit and double the sign corner speed limit a number of times.

Then i had kids......

I am OK with the Police driving anything they like to hide in Plain Sight and catch whoever they can. I now drive via Cruise Control everywhere, use a Bluetooth hands free and am safe and courteous..

How many times have You been driving down the road and seen some Bloody Idiot doing something Bloody Dumb??? Many Times and that bloke could not give a Rats. Now imagine if you were a Copper sitting in your car when that happened? bang on! you'd ping him in a Blink and be thankful that you had that option available..

How many times have you thought? "Bloody Hell look at this dick head! Wheres a Copper when you need one?" Well if there was a Marked car running in your lane that bloke would save is ignorance and arrogance for another day, could be when your wife is driving the kids to school.

Police should be driving all sorts of older stuff. 10 years old and Invisible.

Bring it on.

Cbates
15th April 2013, 06:48 PM
You have a very valid point, as much as they are sneeky, there are a lot of idiots out there that put people at very serious risk of being hurt, without them our roads would be mayhem.

lhurley
15th April 2013, 07:48 PM
Ok, I get that you are in the wrong if you get caught, still hurst. But shouldnt it be prevetion not punishment?? Wouldnt it be better to have more marked cars driving around, preventing more people from doing stupid things, and catching those idiots that still do it, then to be hiding behind a bush?
Personally i would prefer to prevent someone from punching me in the neck then to punish them for doing it.

Winnie
15th April 2013, 07:50 PM
Advertised point to point cameras................

taslucas
15th April 2013, 08:12 PM
I am an Ex Biker and breathed the Great Ocean Road Fast for many years. when it was 100 all the way and no double lines. Rode teh bike on 1 point for years and have been very very lucky not to ever loose my license. I have seen 280k/ph on the road and over 265 twoup and done the Vic high country at double the speed limit and double the sign corner speed limit a number of times.

Then i had kids......

I am OK with the Police driving anything they like to hide in Plain Sight and catch whoever they can. I now drive via Cruise Control everywhere, use a Bluetooth hands free and am safe and courteous..

How many times have You been driving down the road and seen some Bloody Idiot doing something Bloody Dumb??? Many Times and that bloke could not give a Rats. Now imagine if you were a Copper sitting in your car when that happened? bang on! you'd ping him in a Blink and be thankful that you had that option available..

How many times have you thought? "Bloody Hell look at this dick head! Wheres a Copper when you need one?" Well if there was a Marked car running in your lane that bloke would save is ignorance and arrogance for another day, could be when your wife is driving the kids to school.

Police should be driving all sorts of older stuff. 10 years old and Invisible.

Bring it on.

yeah i know what your saying but usually the cops that hide or the speed cameras arent going to get the people that you think "wheres a copper when you need one" about. They will only get those speeders that fly past. If a marked police car is in view it will stop people people doing all the dodgy stuff not just stop them speeding.
on another note, i wonder how much of the percentage of speeding drivers fined are less that 15 ks over the limit? would anyone know how to find this info??

taslucas
15th April 2013, 08:16 PM
here is that doco i talked of earlier. Please take the time to watch. A good mates brother made the film. One of my best mates mum is the counciler narrating the film, the same mates cousin is the guy they interview that killed his best mate in a crash.

http://www.drive.org.au/index.html

Drewboyaus
15th April 2013, 08:46 PM
My mate who's a jabber had a 302 in a 66 falcon as his Police car.
Pre hoon days now, but he baited ppl to drag, then ping You're nicked son

With all due respect TD, anyone who does that is a c#*t!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Drewboyaus
15th April 2013, 08:57 PM

FanTapstic!

I LOVE the concept of that.....a dickhead detector! Could have a bit if fun with that........

mudski
15th April 2013, 10:09 PM
Ok, I get that you are in the wrong if you get caught, still hurst. But shouldnt it be prevetion not punishment??
Bollocks. Punishment and more punishment. And more punishment until it gets through their head. Crush their cars regardless if they got finance on it I say.
I don't know if anyone in Melbourne remembers a few years back when those five kids got killed in Mill Park when the driver lost control and slammed into a nearly three foot thick tree, tore the tree right out of the ground and left a stump and ripped the car to shreds, and the only survivor was a girl who had hear brother next to her dead in the car? That happened one street away from me and I heard the almighty bang, and then all the sirens. Well, a mate of those kids got caught a week later 1k from the crash site doing 100 over.
These feck knuckles don't get it into their heads, even when five of their mates die a week ago. So, if hiding in a plain car and fining them when they do wrong is not the way about it, I don't know what is. I reckon it should be if you get a second fine in twelve months it should be double or triple the $$$ amount.

Wouldnt it be better to have more marked cars driving around, preventing more people from doing stupid things, and catching those idiots that still do it, then to be hiding behind a bush?

Well this is where they killed two birds. Catching more of the idiots and make the coin.

MC97GQ
15th April 2013, 10:36 PM
Hey Guys,

I think the original point of this thread is starting to get lost, it was a friendly warning to take care on our roads. Now we have had some posts about our recklessness in our youth and the things we have done and gotten away with, and some posts saying that the full penalty of the law should be brought down on those who do the wrong thing. I agree with both.

The bottom line is the more Police presence on our roads the better it is, whether it be marked cars doing more patrols(which I would prefer to see) or the police using stealth tactics to get the upper hand on the idiots.

I have said before, if there is a greater Police presence on our roads(more patrol cars) the better it is for two reasons,

1. People can't just say it's revenue raising, as they do now with speed cameras, and

2. When people see a Police car they instinctively slow down, this is a good thing.

For all the measures the government are putting in place(fixed cameras. speed traps etc) is it really having an affect on the road toll, No! they only sure method is to have patrols.

What good is it to take a photo of someone speeding(and send the fine 3 weeks later in the post) and let them continue to speed. Pull them over give them a ticket to the policemans ball, they won't be happy but THEY WILL SLOW DOWN.

Anyway these are my thoughts

Mark

taslucas
15th April 2013, 10:51 PM
Your right, it would be be better if there where more patrols....... More NISSAN patrols:-)

FanTapstic!

Drewboyaus
16th April 2013, 02:15 PM
Your right, it would be be better if there where more patrols....... More NISSAN patrols:-)

FanTapstic!

Pharking funny! That's the first thing I thought of too when I read it...

Alitis007
16th April 2013, 03:52 PM
I seen a marked Patrol cop car last night booking some one last night and thought if they chase after me i'd get a pic of both trols together lol

MEGOMONSTER
16th April 2013, 08:27 PM
I seen a market Patrol cop car

Yeah which market. Lol

Alitis007
16th April 2013, 08:36 PM
Yeah which market. Lol

It was Pipeworks fun market actually which is turning into Ikea now...

I learnerd good at skool!!

MEGOMONSTER
16th April 2013, 08:45 PM
It was Pipeworks fun market actually which is turning into Ikea now...

I learnerd good at skool!!

PML...........clashik