PDA

View Full Version : New bushes

ENiAL8
13th April 2013, 08:51 PM
I'm in the market for a complete set of new bushes for my 96 2.8l RX GQ Patrol, and have noticed there's a few types out there, rubber, poly urethane, nolathane... Now I'm leaning towards the red nolathane bushes myself but would like to know which ones are better and why or if a combination would be better and why... The Q is starting to get a case of the wobbles, so would really like to know which would be the best panhard rod bushes and why... All help would be greatly appreciated, and id love to hear from anyone who has used the red nolathane bushes themselves...

Cheers, Liam

Parksy
13th April 2013, 09:06 PM
Go stock if your budget will allow. They last longer and give you the best comfort. The nolathane ones aren't worth it. They claim to last longer, but they need greasing and with that, will attract dirt and mud, especially being a 4x4 and this will wear them out quicker. There's alot of aftermarket rubber ones and these too don't last as long as the stock ones. Chuck some stock ones in and you'll get another 15-20 years out of them.

Lieney
13th April 2013, 09:10 PM
Rubber would allow a fair bit of flex within the bush, nolothane are much tougher / stiffer and can wear more of the Mounting surface if not a press-fit type bush. Rubber may deteriorate quicker. Where you need the flex I'd use rubber but other areas something other. Rubber cheaper and works

Dominator
13th April 2013, 11:39 PM
Nothing beats genuine bushes. Nolothane are to hard and tend to split.

GU4PLAY
14th April 2013, 10:55 AM
old man emu do some at least that way you know their made for 4wds i think their the poly urethane type

macca
26th August 2013, 08:20 PM
About to replace mine,
A question...
Do you grease rubber bushes?
I have some rubber grease in the shed and standard bearing grease, does it matter?
I have greasable pins as the last ones were Ironman Nolathane or equivalent, not sue if there are different materials. They are blue.

Parksy
26th August 2013, 09:54 PM
Rubber bushes don't need servicing/greasing.

macca
27th August 2013, 07:21 PM
Ordered some rubber bushes from Nissan. Everyone I spoke to said use rubber and do not grease. They all said OEM are the best as well.

TJsGQ
1st September 2013, 09:09 PM
How much they set u back..?

NP99
2nd September 2013, 08:43 PM
Have a look here:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?23047-Radius-bush-replacement-video/page3

macca
2nd September 2013, 09:19 PM
How much they set u back..?

$220 bit of a shock for sure