PDA

View Full Version : Any Tinnitus sufferers out there? (ringing in ears)

TasHal
11th April 2013, 03:02 PM
Iv had it continuously for about 6 months, it came on suddenly the next day after an airplane flight and never went away, and im only 24!
Trying to learn how to live with it but its difficult at times.

So anyone else have it? and want to share their story?

Its always good to hear from someone who also lives with it.

cheers,
TasHal

nissannewby
11th April 2013, 03:06 PM
Yeah I have it. Use to listen to soft music, radio etc when going to sleep I have nearly grown out of it now or I'm just use to it. I'm only 24 myself. The doctor told me when I was younger that it will go away with time.

Brendan56
11th April 2013, 03:19 PM
Yeah I've got it. Just thought it was normal.. Haha

Tappin trolls
Brendan

Wine_maker
11th April 2013, 03:27 PM
Yes I have got it whole my life.It is normal for me.

Sir Roofy
11th April 2013, 03:35 PM
i have it also had it for years but when i wear my hearing aids it goes away if its real bad and getting on your goat
go to an audiology service,i think its to do with the stirrip thing in your inner ear but dont quote me on it
but with the aids i have its a different world with out the ringing in the ears

TasHal
11th April 2013, 03:42 PM
i have it also had it for years but when i wear my hearing aids it goes away if its real bad and getting on your goat
go to an audiology service,i think its to do with the stirrip thing in your inner ear but dont quote me on it
but with the aids i have its a different world with out the ringing in the ears

I went to an audiologist place and e and t doctor but they couldnt find anything, looks like ill just have to live with it, by the sounds of it looks like people just seem to get use to it after a while?

cheers

Cuppa
11th April 2013, 05:08 PM
I get it, but not all the time. Evenings are most common, had it for years, but never bad enough to do anything about it. Age 56.

This may provide some useful info. http://www.tinnitus.org.au/Home

Cuppa

growler2058
11th April 2013, 05:14 PM
Had it since I can remember don't think about it normally
Read this bloody thread and its piiiiissssssiiinnng or pinging me off now hahahahahaha

TPC
11th April 2013, 05:14 PM
I am 48 and have had it for about 10 years, forget its there most of the time.

TasHal
11th April 2013, 05:16 PM
I get it, but not all the time. Evenings are most common, had it for years, but never bad enough to do anything about it. Age 56.

This may provide some useful info. http://www.tinnitus.org.au/Home

Cuppa

cheers mate very useful site, do you know what caused your tinnitus?

Hal

TasHal
11th April 2013, 05:19 PM
Had it since I can remember don't think about it normally
Read this bloody thread and its piiiiissssssiiinnng or pinging me off now hahahahahaha

hahahaha sorry mate!

Cuppa
11th April 2013, 05:58 PM
cheers mate very useful site, do you know what caused your tinnitus?

Hal

Not really, but I reckon it might've been years of riding motorcycles wearing open face helmets without ear plugs. Wind noise rather than exhaust.

Cuppa

growler2058
11th April 2013, 07:52 PM
hahahaha sorry mate!

Still thinking about it and it seems to be getting worse!!!!!!!! Spewin :)

93patrol
11th April 2013, 08:23 PM
Yep I got mine from a nail gun going of next to my head for 10 years as a roof carpenter. No ear plugs didn't think about it but when I go for jobs that do a hearing tests it makes it hard to pick the noise and comes up a minor industrial deafness.

I claim I can't hear the Missus when she wants stuff it works most of the time

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

kevin07
11th April 2013, 08:45 PM
had it for longer than i can remember to many years on the jackhammer last count i was 20% loss of hearing pretty annoying you will get used to it

TPC
11th April 2013, 08:50 PM
I claim I can't hear the Missus when she wants stuff it works most of the time

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

Thats called domestic deafness and we all have that, would go crazy if we didnt.