PDA

View Full Version : Left blinker blinking fast

Jaycee
11th April 2013, 10:00 AM
Hi guys,

Yesterday my left hand side blinker in my 2007 GU started blinking a lot faster than usual. The right side works normally, and both flash normally with the hazards on.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Jaycee

pearcey
11th April 2013, 10:09 AM
check for a blown globe and also check for a loose wire in the trailer plug if you have one

Jaycee
11th April 2013, 12:13 PM
check for a blown globe and also check for a loose wire in the trailer plug if you have one

Thanks Pearcey, will do. I had a rear bar installed last week, so i'm thinking they may have accidentally pulled a wire or something. Could just be a coincidence though.

Yendor
11th April 2013, 12:51 PM
Does the rear bar have LED lights fitted?

If so and there are no blown bulbs for the LHS indicators you will either need to fit a load resistor to the indicators or replace the flash relay with an LED compatible one.

NP99
11th April 2013, 01:04 PM
Or maybe an earthing problem?

commsman
13th April 2013, 04:30 PM
It could also be the relay on it's way out. Relays are known to flash faster than normal when they are about to give up and die.

Mtiehatten
6th September 2013, 02:48 AM
You did check if none of the left hand blinkers failed? Quick blinking would normally indicate a bulb lost in the chain.

scott.a.green
11th September 2013, 10:36 PM
Sounds like a globe or flasher relay is gone mate.

megatexture
11th September 2013, 10:46 PM
Does the rear bar have LED lights fitted?

If so and there are no blown bulbs for the LHS indicators you will either need to fit a load resistor to the indicators or replace the flash relay with an LED compatible one.
Wouldn't that make left and right flash at the same rate as the bar would have the same indicators left and right