PDA

View Full Version : Back into hospital again!

PMC
11th April 2013, 08:15 AM
G'day trendsetters,

I have been rushed back to hospital this morning at 8.30am for a reload dose of Remicade infusion treatment to try and see if it can finally heal the fistula tears in my bowel also help heal the Perianal Abscesses and the Intersphincteric Abscess which are located around the anus and the pelvic floor musel

Antibiotics are often given in order to fight surrounding infection (cellulitis) but it
is important to remember that antibiotics alone cannot cure an abscess because
they cannot enter the cavity. Surgery is almost always necessary.

If left untreated the perianal abscess can result into serious complications such
as gangrene of the perineum and general sepsis.

A significant number of perianal abscesses will recur within a year or two,
particularly if there are pre-disposing factors. A number of them will give rise to
“fistula in ano” which is discussed separately.

That's why Trendsetters i must have Remicade treatment infusions ever 8 weeks for the rest of my life.

PS,i have to go ambulance is to pick me up

Regards,

RLI
:1087:

threedogs
11th April 2013, 08:23 AM
Sheeeesh RLI I feel like my problem is so small, but between us we are propping up the australisia hospital system lol
Hope all goes to plan, really feel for you and your family. Strength to your right arm my friend

Sir Roofy
11th April 2013, 08:41 AM
I can relate to the fistula tear i had a small one not long ago
was in hospital thankfully only for the day and now has healed
so i hope they can help you more in the future
all the best paul and chin up

kevin07
11th April 2013, 08:43 AM
thats crook but nib despises me fight on RLI

rusty_nail
11th April 2013, 09:16 AM
Hi mate,

you have my best sympathies, i hope it all works out ok for you. You say that at the moment you will need treatments every 8 weeks for the rest of you life, but dont loose hope mate, the rate at which technology and medicine is advancing there may be a big break through with your illnes and they will be able to fix those things, or make the treatment every 9 weeks.. or so, but im sure you catch my drift.

all the best

rusty

lorrieandjas
11th April 2013, 09:20 AM
Hey Paul - gee that was quick - we were only talking about it yesterday! Hope all goes well and if you or Ally need anything give me a shout.

Jas

jack
11th April 2013, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear Paul, you're certainly having a rough time of it. Hope it's only a short stay and you're up and about soon.
Jack

Astro
11th April 2013, 09:43 AM
That's no good mate.

Hope everything sorts itself out soon, don't want this sort of drama hanging over your head on your Cape trip.

Let me know if you need anything mate.

growler2058
11th April 2013, 10:12 AM
Fak makes my eyes water just reading about it
Take care mate

TPC
11th April 2013, 10:19 AM
You make me realise how lucky I am with my health, hope it goes smooth for you mate.

mudnut
11th April 2013, 03:14 PM
Mate, that sounds terrible. I hope the treatment relieves your pain.

Jaycee
11th April 2013, 03:19 PM
That sounds awful. I hope you're back on our feet soon.

Cheers,
Jaycee

trekster
11th April 2013, 08:32 PM
Good luck fella, are you in Coffs Hospital or private etc? Hope they are looking after you!

Cheers.

Lonicus
11th April 2013, 09:32 PM
Hope it gives you some relief mate. Fingers crossed for medical breakthroughs which will make life easier for you!!

Gotta be Tappy with that!

cgm
11th April 2013, 09:44 PM
All the best with this round of treatment, hope they get you up and on the go as best and as quick as possible.

Thanks,
Cameron.

93patrol
11th April 2013, 11:27 PM
Take it easy mate and good luck will be drinking for you.

Stay strong mate

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

Woof
12th April 2013, 01:13 AM
Bloody hell Paul, wishing you all the best and hopefully a full recovery soon mate

BigRAWesty
12th April 2013, 02:00 AM
Jesse RLI.. that is not cool. Not cool at all. I'd say get well soon but by the sounds of it, its ongoing. hopefully it doesn't cause to much pain and discomfort once treated properly..
All the best mate.
are you looking at making the trip next Year?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

PMC
12th April 2013, 07:00 AM
Good luck fella, are you in Coffs Hospital or private etc? Hope they are looking after you!

Cheers.

G'day trekster,

Baringa private hospital in Coffs Harbour for the infusions, surgery at the Wesley hospital in Brisbane.

Regards,

Paul