PDA

View Full Version : liquimoly additive for injectors

june
10th April 2013, 01:58 PM
thinking of putting liquimoly diesel purge plus through fuel system. anyone tried this stuff. is it any good?

threedogs
10th April 2013, 02:22 PM
No but a lot here put 2 stroke additive in with good results ie quieter

june
11th April 2013, 03:53 PM
Liqui-Moly claims that this additive cleans entire system removing deposits from injectors, piston rings and combustion chamber, just wanting to know if anyone has used it and can confirm it does what they claim ? This is not diluted through your fuel tank, it goes straight in through your inlet/outlet hoses(hoses are dunked into additive, start engine and run til empty)

Winnie
11th April 2013, 03:59 PM
Mate at work is gonna use this stuff in his 60 this weekend, I can let you know how he goes

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

threedogs
11th April 2013, 04:32 PM
I have a few engine issues ATM where is it Available from as was going to buy injector cleaner anyway ???

Winnie
11th April 2013, 04:40 PM
Superheap, repco etc...

threedogs
11th April 2013, 05:14 PM
Whats the hoses are dunked in it bit sounds like you need to remove some bits for it to work.
I've purchased some wynnes injector I'll try that as going away this weekend not confident
about additives though, but thats just me

Winnie
11th April 2013, 05:14 PM
Basically run fuel lines through the can rather tan the fuel filter.

nissannewby
11th April 2013, 06:20 PM
Basically run fuel lines through the can rather tan the fuel filter.

Disregard my posts lol. Read it the wrong way.

Gazzman
11th April 2013, 06:39 PM
Don't know about that stuff but several truckies I know recommended adding 200ml of premium unleaded to each tank of diesel skeptical but I tried it in my old hj47 and after a few tanks the old girl was running nice and smooth and fuel economy improved . supposed to burn hotter and clean injectors ?

Gaz

june
12th April 2013, 11:17 AM
i have heard that if you have got diesel from some outback town and fuel it a bit dodgy this stuff is the go.

threedogs
12th April 2013, 07:01 PM
Not sure if ppl do it these days but we used some pantyhose on end of bowser to filter fuel a bit more

june
13th April 2013, 08:44 AM
so, where do you disconnect fuel lines to dunk this into can.

june
14th April 2013, 08:50 AM
don't anyone know ?

june
14th April 2013, 05:15 PM
looking at winnie's post [correct me if i'm wrong,] he states you run fuel lines into can by passing fuel filter. [that is disconnect hoses off fuel filter and dunk in can of liquimoly.