PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Lux85
9th April 2013, 09:03 PM
Hi guys,
just a bit of background. ive been into 4wds since i got my licence 10 years ago. i own a hilux that im in the process of putting gq axles under with coilovers at all 4 corners. thought id join up to have the opinions of other fellow 4wders if needed. Hope everyones having good fun driving their trucks and keeping the shiny side up.
Tim

AB
9th April 2013, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Maxhead
9th April 2013, 09:06 PM
Gday and welcome to the forum mate

.........on the move

growler2058
9th April 2013, 09:07 PM
Howdy probably better off losing the lowlux and buying a GQ mate ;)

Lux85
9th April 2013, 09:10 PM
cheers for the welcome, i was wondering how long it would be until someone said to lose the lux. i figure i got the bost of best worlds, narrow body of the hilux with the width and strength of patrol diffs. my tow car is a D40 navara so i almost got a patrol. lol
Tim

Lux85
9th April 2013, 09:11 PM
*best of both worlds.

growler2058
9th April 2013, 09:13 PM
*best of both worlds.

Ahhhh but what about the toughest tnsfr and g/box as well. Then theres the near on indestructible TD42.
Anyway if ya goin troll diffs, go the GU mate the front one is stronger

Lux85
9th April 2013, 09:19 PM
yeah thats true, already got the gq all braced and under the truck, was going to go GU but price was a bit too much, got front and rear gq diffs with a factory vaccum locker in the rear for $600. GU was about $2000 then locker on top, hopefully with the light weight of the lux it should be ok. theyve gotta be a lot stronger then the hilux ones. i hope (fingers crossed)

NissanGQ4.2
9th April 2013, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Tim

We won't hold owning a Hilux against you......................well not much anyway :)

Great bunch of members on here always willing to help out where they can, enjoy the forum and what it has to offer.

Cheers

Todd

Lux85
9th April 2013, 09:27 PM
cheers Todd, ive browsed the forum a few times and there seems to be a lot of knowledge and plenty of people happy to help out, so i thought i should join up

growler2058
9th April 2013, 09:40 PM
yeah thats true, already got the gq all braced and under the truck, was going to go GU but price was a bit too much, got front and rear gq diffs with a factory vaccum locker in the rear for $600. GU was about $2000 then locker on top, hopefully with the light weight of the lux it should be ok. theyve gotta be a lot stronger then the hilux ones. i hope (fingers crossed)

Maaaate will outlive any other 4wd diff. Lightlux wont fork em thats for sure even with a savage gen 3. If mega hardcore may do front CV's

Lux85
9th April 2013, 10:00 PM
yeah thats what i thought, worst case i'll carry some spare cv's or upgrade the cv's. cant be as bad as the lux cv's, used to break one almost every time i took it wheeling

healy
9th April 2013, 10:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
9th April 2013, 10:16 PM
Gday Lux, welcome aboard mate.............. Here's a question for you, wouldn't you negate the advantage of having a narrow bodied lux by fitting the wider tracked GQ diffs?

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

wildgu6
9th April 2013, 10:19 PM
Hey Tim, Welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences.
Hang around and Join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

Lux85
9th April 2013, 10:35 PM
by using the gq diffs i end up with the same width as i had with the lux diffs and wheel spacers, i was destroying cv's and king pin bearings because of the added strain of the wheel spacers. by having a narrow body i dont hit the cab on as much stuff as you would with the width of a patrol cab.

Dhuck
9th April 2013, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Gecko17
9th April 2013, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the forum mate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

my third 256
10th April 2013, 06:52 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

threedogs
10th April 2013, 07:48 AM
Hi and welcome "what about that teeny weeny little bitsy steering tie rod ends that snaps at the blink of an eye,lol
But I digress Plenty of tips and info here on man trucks, jump in anytime and enjoy.
Pics would be nice, we all love pics

Drew
10th April 2013, 08:40 AM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

Lux85
10th April 2013, 09:49 PM
haha, gotta have a weak point somewhere i suppose. yeah i'll get some pics posted when its all finished