PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Booster Problem??

GUIV 4.2ST
9th April 2013, 09:11 AM
Hi All,

I am having clutch issues, when i depress the clutch with the engine off its nice and smooth it does become hard/firm after a few pumps and i know thats because there is no vacuum assistance. but as soon as i start the car and push the clutch it i get a spongy/grinding feeling when i push it in and release it. doesnt feel good... is it the clutch booster?? if so what do i need to do to fix it???

Bloodyaussie
9th April 2013, 09:14 AM
Mate you need to head over to the introduction section and say G'day..... you'll find you get more help this way!!!

GUIV 4.2ST
9th April 2013, 10:07 AM
Thanks mate, have just posted in there...

GUIV 4.2ST
10th April 2013, 06:39 PM
And when I put the clutch in and release halfway it feels like it gets stuck and is very jittery when releasing the full pedal length??? Anyone got ideas???

pearcey
10th April 2013, 06:52 PM
G`day mate
It could be a damaged thrust bearing and that has damaged the diaphragm in the pressure plate.
With the engine stationary you are just pushing the diaphragm up and down ,but with the engine running the thrust bearing comes in to play, and if its damaged or the fingers on the pressure plate are damaged this could be where your problem is .Going by what you say the booster is doing i doubt you have a problem there

NP99
10th April 2013, 06:53 PM
What about a vacuum leak?

Dales300exc
10th April 2013, 07:00 PM
Are either your master or slave leaking?

GUIV 4.2ST
10th April 2013, 07:04 PM
No leaks that I can see, not sure how to check for vacuum leaks??? Mechanic said the clutch felt fine, but not sure??? It comes and goes but definitely worse when you push clutch in and let it half out just jerks from there all the way out

NP99
10th April 2013, 07:22 PM
You can see/feel/hear vac leaks, you'd know if you had one.

GUIV 4.2ST
10th April 2013, 07:27 PM
Ohh ok, well I don't think I have a vacuum leak then

GUIV 4.2ST
11th April 2013, 01:08 PM
Well jumped in the car this morning and all feels good - seems to happen every so often so its an intermitten fault/issue... if it was to do with the clutch wouldnt it be there all the time???

Dales300exc
11th April 2013, 09:57 PM
Not necessarily. Mine wouldn't disengage once after a bog. Started it in gear with my foot on the clutch. Freed up. Never had a problem again.