PDA

View Full Version : TB42 Patrol missing

jake_308
9th April 2013, 08:52 AM
My ute has a continual miss. It was running rough as guts.. But now after doing some things.... It only misses after 2800-3000rpm. Loaded or unloaded.
I've done...
Fuel filter
Carby
Spark plugs
Leads
Coil
Ballast resistor
New dizzy body
New condenser
New dizzy cap
New points
Timing
Earths
Vacuum lines.
It seems like its a spark issue because its doing it loaded and unloaded.
Straight petty.
Ideas?

Parksy
9th April 2013, 10:16 AM
Have you had the inlet manifold removed and replaced the gasket? Spray some wd40 or something similar around this area while engine running and see if you get a change in engine rpm.
Ive been chasing a miss on my tb42e and have just found a vacuum leak at the rear end of the inlet manifold. Thought it was the vacuum lines for the brake and clutch, but sealing these lines didn't change anything. But when spraying wd40 directly on the manifold gasket at the back, there's an rpm change.

GQ TANK
9th April 2013, 06:39 PM
Have you fitted a extended rotar button and pertonix ignition - although these help with idle isses at low revs and lets the truck rev out quicker.

jake_308
10th April 2013, 10:14 AM
No haven't checked for vacuum leak. Assumed it was spark related.
Yep ordered a extended rotor button yesterday. Should be here today. The bloke at patrolapart seemed sure that was the problem!
Looked at the petronix systems and might see if that helps too!.
The face it does it weather it's free revving or going up a hill... The higher the revs the worse it gets. Doesn't start until about 2600rmp but only gets bad about 3000.

GQ TANK
10th April 2013, 11:43 PM
Jake_308 - I have been doing some drivearound your area

jake_308
11th April 2013, 07:22 AM
Extended rotor fixed it!
Plenty of good spots around here mate :)