PDA

View Full Version : Rubber: Reclaimable and Recyclable

Sunexim
8th April 2013, 08:31 PM
Rubber might be shaped through natural and synthetic ways.
Naturally it could be acquired through latex discovered in certain plants or trees.
Artificially Or synthetically it could be fabricated through different forms and unsaturated hydrocarbons.

Recovering and reusing rubber uses less energy than preparing all-new elastic. Additionally keeping elastic out of pits is securing the earth and human health

Wine_maker
8th April 2013, 08:38 PM
So? Where is the slogan?
YOU! Yes YOU, recycle your 33 MUD!

Clunk
8th April 2013, 10:24 PM
Yet another more useful post than any of my dribble ;)

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

BigRAWesty
9th April 2013, 01:03 AM
Sure its more cost effective to reuse rubber. But when you need to start removing wire belts, Kevlar, dirt etc from the rubber it swings the table completely.. thus why they end up in land fill..
Bigger minning tyres can be re-grooved due to the thickness of the top layer.. car tyres its cheaper to make a new one...

Same with plastics...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

taslucas
9th April 2013, 01:20 PM
Sure its more cost effective to reuse rubber. But when you need to start removing wire belts, Kevlar, dirt etc from the rubber it swings the table completely.. thus why they end up in land fill..
Bigger minning tyres can be re-grooved due to the thickness of the top layer.. car tyres its cheaper to make a new one...

Same with plastics...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Unfortunately too many people still see price as the deciding factor. One day it will be cheaper to recycle or change to a new material all together but until then we will keep ripping stuff out of the earth.
One day petroleum based products will be a thing of the past......

FanTapstic!

Bloodyaussie
9th April 2013, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately too many people still see price as the deciding factor. One day it will be cheaper to recycle or change to a new material all together but until then we will keep ripping stuff out of the earth.
One day petroleum based products will be a thing of the past......

FanTapstic!

One day you will be a thing of the past me old son!!!!!!!! he he!!!

taslucas
9th April 2013, 06:15 PM
One day you will be a thing of the past me old son!!!!!!!! he he!!!

I'll take you down with me!

FanTapstic!