PDA

View Full Version : Car Thowing up Code P0103 even with new MAF sensor

aggers23
8th April 2013, 06:40 PM
Hi all

Hoping somebody could throw me some ideas of a what could be the problem.
got standard '02 GU ZD30,
Code came up P0103 which in service manual is "Air flow sensor volume signal high"
I have since bought a new MAF erased the code reset the ECU and still coming up with P0103 code.

any suggestions or what else could be throwing this code out.

Sir Roofy
8th April 2013, 07:01 PM
hi all

hoping somebody could throw me some ideas of a what could be the problem.
Got standard '02 gu zd30,
code came up p0103 which in service manual is "air flow sensor volume signal high"
i have since bought a new maf erased the code reset the ecu and still coming up with p0103 code.

Any suggestions or what else could be throwing this code out.

is there any signs of oil around the intercooler pipes and the inlet pipe to the turbo
if so it could be a oil mist drifting back over the maf on shut down
head down to repco and get a can of maf cleaner and give her a squirt
then reset if you have oil hanging about id suggest that you look up the n.a.d.s threads

aggers23
8th April 2013, 07:45 PM
Hi Roofy

I have checked the intercooler pipes and inlet pipe very little oil around have cleaned both MAF sensors both showing same code P0103.
Only use the car on weekends but have not been able to take it out for a spin due to work.. if hasnt moved from the garage and has idled for max 1min at a time is that enough for the oil vapour to affect the MAF?

Sir Roofy
8th April 2013, 07:53 PM
hi roofy

i have checked the intercooler pipes and inlet pipe very little oil around have cleaned both maf sensors both showing same code p0103.
Only use the car on weekends but have not been able to take it out for a spin due to work.. If hasnt moved from the garage and has idled for max 1min at a time is that enough for the oil vapour to affect the maf?

the oil wouldnt even get to run at that 1min idle your better of going around the block for a run if you have time
if theres oil there yes most likely would effect the maf reading

boots
8th April 2013, 08:42 PM
It may be overboosting causing that fault to come up .

alexx
8th April 2013, 11:32 PM
Have you checked the air filter? Dirty air filter may affect the MAF sensor's performance.

aggers23
9th April 2013, 03:54 PM
The Air Filter is also new

Is it possible that MAF sensor is reading issue somewhere else in the Intake system rather than the MAF being the issue?

Alos noticed on the Forum the is a Post on ZD30 engine codes, code P0103 on the Forum is very different to the service Manual.
Manual - Air flow sensor volume high
Forum - coolant temp sender

can some confirm the actual meaning of Code P0103?

Yendor
9th April 2013, 05:20 PM
The workshop manual I have has DTC 0103 as coolant temp sensor.

aggers23
14th April 2013, 06:50 PM
Hi guys

I have insttalled a new Coolant Temp Sender tested the wiring while unplugged and it read 4.86 Volts,
when plugged and car running,(For sometime) it read 1.45 Volts. (This was all tested in the engine bay at the plug)

I have reset the code and it is still there, also my Intrument cluster Temp Guage does not move

is there a fuse, earth or any other electricl issue i can look for?

aggers23
15th April 2013, 11:31 PM
Found the fix,
there two parts needed to be replaced the Coolant Temp Sensor and the Temp Sender.
All codes now eliminated,

Also Gregory's Manual for Patrol has incorrect Engine Codes

boots
16th April 2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this issue aggers