PDA

View Full Version : Playing around with the ZD30

SupRob
8th April 2013, 04:51 PM
Hey Guys,

On the week end got my boost gauge and egt in and working,

Also did the Radiator, water pump/clutch fan, thermostate, filter's, oil and coolant done...

Lovely weekend except for when I was trying to tap the fitting for boost.. took the best of 2-3 hours =[

Im now looking at the Dawes valve which im still scatching my head (its the same as a manual boost controller?) and the needle valve..

Where have you got your needle and dawes valve from other than 3barracing and dependable distributors?

Cheers,

Rob

threedogs
8th April 2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah I have 3bar Dawes and DD needle search Chaz Yellowfoot {guru} on Dawes theres very easy pics to follow.
Best thing you can do to a ZD30 IMo
You may need extra 3mm tee to set it up about $3 from Bunnings Plastic irrigation type

SupRob
8th April 2013, 08:26 PM
Yeah finding that out now,
Watching the egt going up and turbo not doing anything :(

WYLD333
8th April 2013, 09:18 PM
I got my needle valve from dependable distributors and my Dawes off eBay, very quick n easy to set up and the end results are great for money spent

june
10th April 2013, 01:32 PM
must agree with threedogs chaz,s instructions and pic;s will definitely help.

mudski
10th April 2013, 11:37 PM
I got my needle valve from dependable distributors and my Dawes off eBay, very quick n easy to set up and the end results are great for money spent
Yes you did ;)

Plus the manual boost controller is not the same as a Dawes valve. Dependable unfortunately have a strong hold on the needle valve, for now. You can use a normal needle valve from Ebay, like a $5 China jobbie, but they don't work quite aswell as the Italian valve they sell.