PDA

View Full Version : oil leak at rear of motor

GU4PLAY
7th April 2013, 04:27 PM
any ideas just started to get oil leak on zd30 at the bottom of the block where the bellhousing meets the motor. only started after some hard driving on the powerlines track. i'm hoping its not the rear main seal if so, how hard is it to replace and anyone know of anyone in perth northern suburbs? replaced oil and put a stop leak in to see if that will rejuvenate the seals. help please...... as with most nissan owners she's my pride and joy !:animierte-smilies-f

threedogs
7th April 2013, 04:47 PM
Hope its not, but remove engine cover as it might be trickling down back of motor from the top
With cover off whip down car wash.
Manual or Auto???

growler2058
7th April 2013, 04:48 PM
Sorry mate but does sound like rear main seal. Box out job

happygu
7th April 2013, 04:58 PM
You really need to Pressure Wash it all to find out where it is coming from.

Make it crystal clean, go for a drive, and that will help you determine if it is coming from the rear and dribbling down from somewhere else..
Mic

NP99
7th April 2013, 05:52 PM
Hope its not, but remove engine cover as it might be trickling down back of motor from the top
With cover off whip down car wash.
Manual or Auto???

With some luck it might be the rocker cover gasket!

GU4PLAY
8th April 2013, 08:16 PM
yeah unfortunately i think it is the rear main seal i think i was just hoping it wasn't . googled how to fix and it seems to be very common after playing in mud and water is this true? used to play in the mud with my old car but that used to leek like a pig anyway.

GU4PLAY
8th April 2013, 08:19 PM
oohh nearly forgot anyone know of any places in perth that do a good job but don't charge the earth?

NP99
8th April 2013, 08:46 PM
Mud has been guilty of many offences :)

boots
8th April 2013, 08:53 PM
Pretty sure there is a welcsh plug in an oil journal on the back left side of the zd30 block . This may be your culprit . either way box out and flywheel offski . $$$ . sorry .

Alitis007
8th April 2013, 10:46 PM
The seal is worth around $60 from Nissan and i'm not sure if you have an Auto or Manual?? If you have a man it might be a good idea to do a solid mass flywheel and new clutch while your at it aswell, coz you will be paying around $650 - 1k in labour anyway!!

GU4PLAY
10th April 2013, 08:40 PM
nah iv'e got the auto but i'll have to have a closer look on the weekend. thanks guys for all the info