PDA

View Full Version : In hospital!

lorrieandjas
4th April 2013, 09:14 PM
What a day - started off normal enough and then about 10:30 today started feeling really strange. Then bam - couldn't breathe, shakes, nearly passed out, throat felt blocked. Called the ambos and got checked out. Taken to hospital where so far have had chest x-rays, CT scan of my brain, ultrasound of my carotid arteries and an MRI of my throat and face. Blood tests too. And guess what - all bloody normal. The only symptom the hospital witnessed was a BP of 160/120. Now it's at 122/80 (where it's normally at).

So now they're keeping me in overnight for observation.

What a day. And the worst part of it - the look of total fear on my girls face......

Hope y'all are having a better day!

Jas

lorrieandjas
4th April 2013, 09:19 PM
Must've been mate. Probably just not enough beer! Send me those emails when you get a chance.

Jas

jack
4th April 2013, 09:20 PM
Not good Jas,
Hope you're better and out soon. Scary stuff, good call ringing the ambulance.
Cheers
Jack

Stropp
4th April 2013, 09:21 PM
Jas take care mate we need nice blokes like you.

BigRAWesty
4th April 2013, 09:26 PM
geeze mate.. take it easy bud. hopefully they sort you out..

happygu
4th April 2013, 09:28 PM
Hope that this is the only time you have this happen....I imagine it would be scary to go through it again.

Best of luck with it all tonight.

Mic

NissanGQ4.2
4th April 2013, 09:29 PM
Yeh blame Scotty *L*

Been there done that..............

Many years ago I had slight chest pains at work and didn't think much of it, kept working as you do. After work I had to pick my daughter up from my parents which is around a half hour drive, didn't even get half way there and the chest pains became unbearable for a few mins then settle down then became unbearable again, pulled over a few times fearing that I might have an accident. Finally got there and dad took one look at me and new something was wrong, I though if I laid down for a few mins I would feel better............big mistake, rather than risking driving my daughter back home my old man ended up driving me up to the hospital. After a lengthy wait at the hosp 2 see a doctor and after some chest scans, I found out I had a partial collapsed lung and there was nothing they could do for it, just had to wait a few days to see if it came good.

Hope its nothing to serious mate

healy
4th April 2013, 09:35 PM
That's no good mate hope its nothing serious all the best and hopefully the nurses are looking after you

TPC
4th April 2013, 09:40 PM
Hope all is ok mate, have had a similar scare myself and like yours the tests showed nothing.
Always best to take no chances and get checked.

Yendor
4th April 2013, 09:44 PM
That's not good mate. Hope every things ok.

MEGOMONSTER
4th April 2013, 09:45 PM
Not good to hear, hopefully that's he last you see of that. I was stuck for ten full days of testing, they threw everything at me. In the end they said we have no idea what caused it but we do know you have an "electrical" fault in the nervous system.

cgm
4th April 2013, 09:51 PM
Take it easy. Hopefully they can give you some clues, nice not to be just left wondering why.

tapatalk on galaxy note

NP99
4th April 2013, 10:05 PM
Rest up mate, if the tests prove neg, it might be stress.

Alitis007
4th April 2013, 10:05 PM
Thats terrible mate hope all is well and they prescribe you a holiday!!

Wine_maker
4th April 2013, 10:06 PM
Take care of yourself!
Hope all goes well soon.

lorrieandjas
4th April 2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks guys - can't wait to get home.

Jas

Bloodyaussie
4th April 2013, 10:13 PM
Jesus christ mate......???

Hope you are alright and it is just something silly???

mudski
4th April 2013, 10:13 PM
Did the docs to a barium test on you? I've been in twice with pains and this was one hell of a test. Where you first swallow dried effervescence, not allowed to burp mind you, then they mix up this grey powder with a little water and make you swallow it. While your swallowing they take xrays of your throat to see if there is any blockages.
I've had this twice and I tell ya. You've heard the term, shittin' bricks....OMG!

DX grunt
4th April 2013, 10:44 PM
All the best, Jas.

Rossco

Clunk
4th April 2013, 10:56 PM
Hey Jas you take it easy fella.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

kevin07
4th April 2013, 11:03 PM
What a day - started off normal enough and then about 10:30 today started feeling really strange. Then bam - couldn't breathe, shakes, nearly passed out, throat felt blocked. Called the ambos and got checked out. Taken to hospital where so far have had chest x-rays, CT scan of my brain, ultrasound of my carotid arteries and an MRI of my throat and face. Blood tests too. And guess what - all bloody normal. The only symptom the hospital witnessed was a BP of 160/120. Now it's at 122/80 (where it's normally at).

What a day. And the worst part of it - the look of total fear on my girls face......

Jas

not a good feeling when your kids look at you like that get well. kev

93patrol
5th April 2013, 12:53 AM
hope your feeling better mate and everything gets back to normal for you soon

out of interest i had the same thing as you right before i was diagnosed with anxiety and depression maybe you might have had a mini panic attack??

Woof
5th April 2013, 12:59 AM
Hope all goes well mate, enjoy the rest

Maxhead
5th April 2013, 05:40 AM
Maaate, hope you're out and about real soon. In the mean time enjoy those nurses;)

.........on the move

growler2058
5th April 2013, 05:54 AM
Take advantage of the sponge baths mate and get well soon

Lonicus
5th April 2013, 06:12 AM
Hopefully you'll be home fit and well today mate. Take it easy!

Jaycee
5th April 2013, 06:20 AM
That's no good. I hope all is well.

How are the nurses????

Cheers,
Jaycee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sir Roofy
5th April 2013, 06:24 AM
what a day - started off normal enough and then about 10:30 today started feeling really strange. Then bam - couldn't breathe, shakes, nearly passed out, throat felt blocked. Called the ambos and got checked out. Taken to hospital where so far have had chest x-rays, ct scan of my brain, ultrasound of my carotid arteries and an mri of my throat and face. Blood tests too. And guess what - all bloody normal. The only symptom the hospital witnessed was a bp of 160/120. Now it's at 122/80 (where it's normally at).

Jas

sorry to hear that when i first read this i thought you had a stroke
what you described sounded like my symptons 10yrs ago,luckly it was a
mild one and got every thing back,lol mate except the brain is a bit slow these days
take enough pills each day that i rattle walking ,they kept me in hospital
for over a week poking prodding tapping my face running things up and down my feet
the out come was hemerage on the brain(minor stroke)
not trying to scare you but make sure you are fully happy with thier tests
all the best mate speedy recovery and lighten your work load

cheers

Drew
5th April 2013, 06:27 AM
Not good, look after yourself

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

Winnie
5th April 2013, 06:52 AM
You sly dog you faked it to get attention from all the naughty nurses! I'll tell ya they're different in real life to what they are on the internet!

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

AB
5th April 2013, 07:52 AM
Shame Jas, thats no good mate....I wonder if it was a panic attack or something. I get a lot of panic and anxiety attacks with similar symptoms to what you have described.

Chest tightens up, heart races, shakes and throat closes over, etc....

threedogs
5th April 2013, 08:41 AM
Wow not good at all especally, when they can't find a cause, That look your kids had I can relate to.
I'm in hospital all the time as was hooked up for a routine ECG pre OP.
The look on my wifes face I will never forget, Hope your up and at'em soon and do what the staff tell you.
Maybe someone telling you to slow down or a while

GU CAMPER
5th April 2013, 08:47 AM
All the best Jas
Hope they can work out what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lorrieandjas
5th April 2013, 02:13 PM
Hey guys - thanks for all the messages of support! Out of hospital now - all tests clear. They "think" it was a virus that had "exploded" and reproduced rapidly. At least I know all the important bits are ok! Now to look after the Missus who I scared to death!!

Jas

healy
5th April 2013, 02:25 PM
Good to hear mate take it easy

93patrol
5th April 2013, 02:38 PM
Good to hear mate take it easy over the weekend hey only 1 bottle of scotch maybe

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

ozzymalone
5th April 2013, 02:45 PM
Hey Jas not good mate! Hope its absolutely nothing! - I had a scare (well a couple now) in the past year and sure enough it was anxiety. Go figure! Don't know what I was anxious about but I thought I was saying goodbye to the world! Rest up and don't over complicate things much until you know what going on.

Wine_maker
5th April 2013, 03:22 PM
It is a good news!
Take care of yourself.

mudnut
5th April 2013, 07:10 PM
Good to hear you're outta the hospital, Jas. Put ya feet up and take it easy, for a coupla days.

MEGOMONSTER
5th April 2013, 07:12 PM
Great to hear that all is good.

PMC
5th April 2013, 08:13 PM
G'evening Jas,

Great to speak with you again this evening.

PS, take it easy this weekend mate.

Regards,

RLI

NP99
5th April 2013, 09:41 PM
Which hospital looked after you mate?