PDA

View Full Version : dissy cap

gazzagq
4th April 2013, 02:47 PM
hi all can anyone tell me can you spray clear paint on a dissy cap to repell water was told by a friend you can why i asking is that if i go through water on the road and it splashes up on the dissy cap the old girl stops even wen going into a river crossing really really slow and only for a short time like 30 or 40 sec them it starts straight away when it dries off a bit it is a new cap ...and i have sprayed it with wd40 and itdosen't work

gazzagq
4th April 2013, 05:15 PM
Well I see heaps of people have read this thread and no one has replied so I went out and just sprayed it anyway what the hell a. 3 coats of clear and presto it works and works well I let the paint dry and then put the hose on it and it never stopped so yea u can do it and its working well 4me.

rottodiver
4th April 2013, 05:30 PM
I am no expert on this but it seems strange that spraying it with paint works and not wd40... Good to see you fixed the problem though!

Parksy
4th April 2013, 05:32 PM
Personally I don't rate wd40 as a good product. Inox works better.

rottodiver
4th April 2013, 05:38 PM
Inbox is good aswell..... I have sprayed the entire underside of my troll with "strong arm brand" it is brilliant, it is a lubricant,rust converter and protector and I swear by it. It creates a type of film and everything it is sprayed on looks great ( to a point when I can see where I have not sprayed)
Scotty

GQ TANK
4th April 2013, 09:47 PM
The risk with using paint is it might be conductive.

Was water getting into the dissY? - you might need to look at the eal (some models ahave rubber seals)

You might need to change the leads - this might not be tight enough