PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a shed.

BLKWDW
4th April 2013, 11:52 AM
The wife has given permission to look and get estimates on a shed built in the backyard to replace my crappy old fibro single car garage. We are looking to build fence line to fence line which is allowed according to our council using the shed as the fence. We have an approximate width to work with of 15.5 mtrs. Looking at a 3 car garage with carport of the side as we need to house 3 cars and a trailer. Can only find 2 car garages with carports.

Does anyone know of a company who builds them that doesnt cost the earth. We did have one custom quoted at 12k which i cant afford. Worst comes to worst we just get a 3 car garage and build a seperate carport. Fitting a 4 car garage and carport might just squeeze in but not sure plus the extra cost.

Can get a 3 car garage from best sheds for $4300. Carport is what 2k. Unable to find price on a 4bay garage.

Due to the cost we are just looking and pricing at the moment and will prob build in stages having the slab laid first which is close to 10k well $6300 for a 12x7 slab but our will be slightly bigger. then after we save we will build the shed. We cant lay slab till we know the shed size.

So are there any companies people can recommend. Plenty on the net i know but want ppls experiences with each company.

rusty_nail
4th April 2013, 11:55 AM
im sorry as this posts doesnt reply to your question at all, but just quickly, whats stopping you doing it yourself and building your own?

Bob
4th April 2013, 12:12 PM
Whereabouts are you ????

lorrieandjas
4th April 2013, 12:18 PM
Hi mate - can't speak highly enough of Titan - they have plenty of standard sizes and also do custom sizes/layouts. Not the cheapest (or the most expensive) but they are a bloody great product in my opinion. They can supply and you construct, or they have an arm called Rigel who does the install for a fee. I also used them to do the slab for me (they outsource it) and got it at a competitive rate. Might be worth looking at?

Jas

threedogs
4th April 2013, 12:20 PM
My 5x6 mtr shed cost less than $5K and they poured the slab last.
I don't use it for cars more a workshop storage area. It has roller doors
Windows and skylights but dont recommend them as shed gets way too hot.
Lined roof with 50mm polystyrene. Stratco was the mob who built it,I'm happy with it

BLKWDW
4th April 2013, 12:22 PM
Time and skill. mainly time. I wouldnt even know where to start

BLKWDW
4th April 2013, 12:24 PM
Whereabouts are you ????

cowra nsw...

rusty_nail
4th April 2013, 12:25 PM
Time and skill. mainly time. I wouldnt even know where to start

fair enough, if you have the money to spend then i guess its easier =P

Trolatron
4th April 2013, 09:30 PM
Best thing I did when I built mine was to get the walls 300mm higher than standard, may not sound much but made a big difference to the feel of the size inside the shed and it was bugger all extra in price ( $300 extra) 8m x 15m.

megatexture
4th April 2013, 10:23 PM
I have a single garage and a double carport that I put up myself,the garage is a total span and it was verry basic to put up and had good instructions and the carport came from coroof who will design anything you want an put it in a kit, they arnt cheap but they are great kit if your trying to get a tile roof appearance in colour bond. this was a bit more painfull to install but still came with detailed instructions http://www.coroofs.com.au/

BLKWDW
6th April 2013, 11:10 AM
Best thing I did when I built mine was to get the walls 300mm higher than standard, may not sound much but made a big difference to the feel of the size inside the shed and it was bugger all extra in price ( $300 extra) 8m x 15m.

How much did you pay for your 8x15m shed and who did you go through.

Trolatron
6th April 2013, 08:29 PM
How much did you pay for your 8x15m shed and who did you go through.

Going back 10 years now but still looks like new.. got it threw a place called Hystone Garages they have closed down now though (I am in Tassie and not sure if thet were on the main land)
Think it was 7k with 3m wide rolldoor,1x window.man door, half shed and half carport with one side closed in on c/port.I put it up myself.
The cement slabs cost a sh#t load too so allow for that in your budget aswell.