PDA

View Full Version : GU Patrol rear bumper - worth anything?

Jaycee
4th April 2013, 11:51 AM
Hi guys,

I'm getting a rear bar / wheel carrier installed on my 2007 GU tomorrow, and I'm wondering whether it's worth the hassle of taking the original bar home with me. Are they worth anything? Is there a demand for them? If so, how much should I be able to get for it?

It's gold coloured and in good nick except for a few scratches that have been touched up.

Cheers,
Jaycee

threedogs
4th April 2013, 12:27 PM
Panel beater would love them
surely worth a few hundred not everyone
replaces them with a wheel carrier
Maybe get more off the bar they are only going to sell it
might as well be you

Jaycee
4th April 2013, 03:08 PM
Panel beater would love them
surely worth a few hundred not everyone
replaces them with a wheel carrier
Maybe get more off the bar they are only going to sell it
might as well be you

Thanks threedogs. If it might be worth a few hundred, i might try to sell it.

Cheers,
Jaycee

Squalo
4th April 2013, 03:12 PM
I paid $130 delivered for a pristine white rear bar (ebay, from a wrecker). People bang them up when going offroad so there's bound to be a buyer for yours at some stage, in fact I've already taken a fair bit of paint off my second one (and damaged both tail light surrounds). Almost every time I go offroad I push one or both corners up to touch the dummy lights... easily fixed by standing on the bar right under the light, and bouncing - it bends back down straight away :)

Obviously I too need a steel rear bar...

Jaycee
4th April 2013, 03:14 PM
I paid $130 delivered for a pristine white rear bar (ebay, from a wrecker). People bang them up when going offroad so there's bound to be a buyer for yours at some stage, in fact I've already taken a fair bit of paint off my second one (and damaged both tail light surrounds). Almost every time I go offroad I push one or both corners up to touch the dummy lights... easily fixed by standing on the bar right under the light, and bouncing - it bends back down straight away :)

Obviously I too need a steel rear bar...

Thanks squalo. Sounds like you should get a steel rear bar too!

Jaycee
8th April 2013, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I managed to get $250 for it quite quickly, which was a nice little bonus. We might be able to afford some sheepskin seat covers now!