PDA

View Full Version : Road trip

chester
3rd April 2013, 07:32 PM
Sitting at home today bored kids drivng me nuts,decided to do a road trip lets just drive and see where we end up.
So we left home(warragul vic) about about 1 o'clock and 7 odd hours later we are sitting in a motel room in cooma NSW on our way to the ACT to go to the war musem.Not what i had in mind when we left home but hey what the hell !!!!!

Winnie
3rd April 2013, 07:35 PM
Love it Chester! Have a great time there with the kids

Brendan56
3rd April 2013, 07:50 PM
Someone needs to road trip up to far north Queensland. Not many people to 4by with up here! Haha

Tappin trolls
Brendan

taslucas
3rd April 2013, 07:56 PM
Thats awesome mate. I occasionally do that with the girlfriend, Just jump in the car and see where we end up. Sometimes we even get out of the carpark!! lol

NP99
3rd April 2013, 08:04 PM
They will talk about this trip when they are grown up.......well done mate

BigRAWesty
3rd April 2013, 08:06 PM
Top work mate

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

chester
4th April 2013, 07:10 AM
Yer mate she drove the whole way let me have a relax :)

chester
5th April 2013, 05:06 PM
So after 1360 odd klm we are home agian,was a mission and a half lol.Went to the war memorial yesterday and it is a must do at least once in your life,i could have spent hours in there.Watched a video of a POW talking about some things they went through and i now fully understand what my great uncle went through as a POW before he died in a camp over there. Also took the kids to a science centre it was all hands on the kids had a ball.
One of the best random road trips ive been on.
The best thing is my wife did nearly all of the driving,i was able to sit back and relax and enjoy the views.

threedogs
5th April 2013, 06:20 PM
Everyone should visit the war memorial in Canberra at least once in their life.
Years ago we would chip in for fuel see how far we get on half the money, grab a hamburger
next week do the same but grab a milkshake to wash hamburger down
Your kids will talk about that trip for years to come. Here I am talking about it 40 years or so
after I did the same trip

happygu
5th April 2013, 08:05 PM
Well Done Chester...Sometimes the spontaneous things are the best....

Mic

Bloodyaussie
5th April 2013, 09:00 PM
I have been meaning to get up there with the family, last time I was a kid!!