PDA

View Full Version : Lowlives in Toowoomba better not let me catch them!!

Punderhead
3rd April 2013, 08:16 PM
Well, a couple of weeks ago, I went to go home from work in the afternoon, and noticed that my spotlights had been twisted, and my UHF Ariel was bent. So I straightened them. A week later I pulled off my grill to put in a new headlight and noticed that my Ariel wire had been cut (Presumably when they went for my spotties). Last week I came out to find 2 nuts missing off my spare wheel. Yesterday I went to put my key in the lock only to find it had been mashed by a screwdriver.:blowup:

What makes it worse, is the fact that this is on a fairly busy street in Toowoomba, in the industrial area. All this was done in broad daylight, and my workmates car, the only one in the immediate vicinity that is parked all day hasn't been touched. To say I am peeved is an understatement.

I am now parking my car inside at work, and my boss will just have to deal with it. It makes it a PITA for everybody because we are short parking spaces inside, and everyone else has a work vehicle which is constantly being loaded/unloaded so has to be accessible. Upshot is my Boss is a little peeved at me.

If I ever see these lowlives, I dont think my car would sustain much damage at all as it hits a coulple bumps in the road.

Rant over.

Who knows how much it costs to get a lock replaced?

Cheers!

NP99
3rd April 2013, 09:06 PM
If you could only run power to the exterior to zap the scum when they touch your truck. Just be careful if you see them!

Sir Roofy
3rd April 2013, 09:52 PM
Cameras mate there a god send

93patrol
4th April 2013, 03:22 AM
pick up a lock from the wreckers the bigest cost would be getting it re-keyed to your car from the locksmiths

BigRAWesty
4th April 2013, 07:22 AM
I think its a bit tough that the boss is against you parking inside when clearly someone wants your ride..
Put it to him what he would do if someone was trying to flog his missus... :p

Any CCTV in the area?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

threedogs
4th April 2013, 08:44 AM
X 2 with Roofy buy a DVR and leave it on during the day, might get them in the act, but you'll get them
Pretty sure footage can be used as evidence. Gotta hate theives low lives they are, trouble is they probably
steal off their own family too

rusty_nail
4th April 2013, 09:35 AM
i had the same thing happen to my car mate. i went to a wrecker and got a replacement door lock and got it rekeyed at a locksmith. i found out a week later that i coulda bought the entire set (ignition, 2 keys and 3 locks) for cheaper off ebay for less that it cos me for the lock to get rekeyed and the lock itself... just a thought

Tonks
4th April 2013, 06:33 PM
Sorry to hear this, a mate of mine got his brand new at the time 2009 GU broken into and they were looking for money which they found about 5 bucks worth of coins in the stubby holders, but they took the stubby holders as well, bloody SCUM BAG LOW LIFE BLUDGING MONGRELS.

megatexture
4th April 2013, 08:29 PM
That's a shame mate but I've had simular issues in toowoomba when working there a few months back on a main drag also, I put my uhf wire in small copper tube and pop rivited it to the bull bar so it can't be cut easily cut or pulled out of the base like mine was.

Punderhead
4th April 2013, 08:48 PM
I was able to cleanup a corner in the yard which my car will just squeeze into today. So that problem is sorted at least.

If you are a dole bludging lowlife scum then i pay taxes and already pay for your livelihood, so don't take any more off of me!!!

The thing is i am wondering if it was a pack of kids, as I saw a group wandering the streets today looking in and around cars. To be honest I am ashamed to be a part of my generation!

And i managed to get my lock working again so it wont need replacing. just need to wait untill next payday and fix up my ariel. Cheers for the tip about the copper Megatexture!

Cheers!

megatexture
4th April 2013, 09:08 PM
No worries mine was pulled out 2 times at a train station then at toowoomba so I know the feeling lol