PDA

View Full Version : NISSAN ATLAS Tilt Tray

jeffjenkins
3rd April 2013, 02:42 AM
have gearbox problems truck is a 1986 nissan atlas factory tilt and slide tilt tray. weighs about 3.5 tonns gross 5.5ton. GEARBOX is called a 10 speed !!!
IE 4speed +overdrive 5th +hi.low shift
IE 3 seperate gearboxes.
suspect it a variant on a patroll g box BUT Nos higher
IE follows same codeoing pattern
am almost tempted to try to fitt a spicer 7Spd at 150KG dry weight
Engine is a ED33 1986 deisol ,economical good torque but not powerful.
Need to keep low first gear, climbing toowoomba gange GROSS5.5tonn
have only been back to !st gear high range,still fave low to go
i live on the sunshine coast Ph 0437331317
life could be worse for you poor PATROLL owners ,im wresking out two 1999 holden rodeo V6 petrol 4x4 utes PS their worth moor as scrap alluminium
so cheer up life could be worse

growler2058
3rd April 2013, 04:03 AM
G'day......

my third 256
3rd April 2013, 04:24 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen
ps ask your questions in the other sections as alot of members dont read the intro section

BigRAWesty
3rd April 2013, 06:15 AM
What the Hell is a nissan atlas?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Maxhead
3rd April 2013, 06:22 AM
What the Hell is a nissan atlas?

I was wondering the same...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Atlas

OP: Welcome to the forum mate

Cuppa
3rd April 2013, 09:16 AM
have gearbox problems truck is a 1986 nissan atlas factory tilt and slide tilt tray. weighs about 3.5 tonns gross 5.5ton. GEARBOX is called a 10 speed !!!
IE 4speed +overdrive 5th +hi.low shift
IE 3 seperate gearboxes.
suspect it a variant on a patroll g box BUT Nos higher
IE follows same codeoing pattern

Engine is a ED33 1986 deisol ,economical good torque but not powerful.

Same Engine & gearbox as fitted to Nissan Civilian Buses up until about '91. I have an '89. I have the full factory workshop manuals so if you have specific questions PM me & I can try my best to answer them. I don't think Patrols had the ED33 but instead had the SD33....... but I am not 100% certain on that.
Good torque but not powerful is a good description. Our GVM is 5.2t & our weight 4.9t ready to roll. We travelled around Australia with the additional weight of an enclosed trailer containing a couple of motorcycles at an average speed of around 80kph, but were often down to walking pace on steep hills (e.g. back road into Maleny where we needed 1st low).

Cuppa

Dhuck
3rd April 2013, 09:24 AM
Hey mate..

MEGOMONSTER
3rd April 2013, 09:27 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

healy
3rd April 2013, 09:38 AM
Welcome to the forum mate