PDA

View Full Version : Gu111 Alternator

Gazzman
2nd April 2013, 01:16 PM
Hi All

My problem is I have a whirring sound under the bonnet I have researched a lot of posts on here and the net and all point to the Alt bearings (changed the A/C idler bearing) .
So I pulled out the Alt to have a look pulled it apart to change the bearings BUT not having a press handy I could not see the front bearing .
Don't spose any one knows the size ? It's a hitachi 23100-vc200 (lr1110-718) I have hunted hi and low on the net and can't find specs with the bearings listed
any help would be greatly appreciated
cheers Gaz
ps I'm a fitter by trade but with out a press I'm screwed found a auto elec in lalor recons 20 bucks and he'll press em off and on for me :)

Gazzman
4th April 2013, 04:04 PM
First of all Many thanks to the Guy at Lalor auto electrical ( 4/440 High St Lalor) even though the front bearing was seized on the shaft he persevered and pressed it off and then dressed the rotor and fitted the new bearings I supplied one he the other at a cost of $20 I would highly recommend his service .

Now for those who maybe interested the Large bearing is a 6303 2rs and the smaller rear bearing is a b10-ood

Cheers Gaz

threedogs
4th April 2013, 04:11 PM
Good to hear there are still ppl out there that are not greedy
Well found Gazza. Just had a thought there should be state by state reference to Companies
that dont rip you off or had great service from , Handy for the Local as well as the traveller
Just a thought or M2cW Mods????

Gazzman
5th April 2013, 08:26 AM
Thought I'd add the bearing for the A/C idler pully (rigid type) GU111 4.8 is

6301 duu
Gaz