PDA

View Full Version : upgrade car radio

gqsmooth
2nd April 2013, 08:26 AM
Hi,
I have a 2006 Patrol with the CD/Tape unit fitted. I would like to know if it's possible to fit the later model unit (2007) 6 disc MP3/USB unit? If so what's involved? Is it as simple as plug + play?

Maxhead
2nd April 2013, 08:30 AM
Hi,
I have a 2006 Patrol with the CD/Tape unit fitted. I would like to know if it's possible to fit the later model unit (2007) 6 disc MP3/USB unit? If so what's involved? Is it as simple as plug + play?

Hmmm, not sure. I know the plugs on my 2012 were different to 2008 model. You can always get them hard wired if necessary.
Hopefully someone can provide photos of the connectors to see.

Have you considered one of the double din 7" GPS/DVD/NAV/RADIO/etc/etc things from eBay? There are some nice units out there and you can run street navigation and topo maps as well...Just a thought

gqsmooth
2nd April 2013, 08:34 AM
I have been looking for an after market unit, but, thought a genuine unit would save time and frustration! We don't use CD's all that often as most of our music is on MP3's or Ipod's. I hope someone has had this thought before and can tell me prior to purchase.

Maxhead
2nd April 2013, 08:38 AM
I have been looking for an after market unit, but, thought a genuine unit would save time and frustration! We don't use CD's all that often as most of our music is on MP3's or Ipod's. I hope someone has had this thought before and can tell me prior to purchase.

No probs, just remember the aftermarket units are ISO brackets and connectors so very easy to fit (10 minutes). you just need to purchase an ISO to Nissan connector from Repco or similar for around $15.

Good luck.

threedogs
2nd April 2013, 08:43 AM
Try a double din unit has 4gb micro sd card for music,usb GPS dvd bluetooth everything. vendor is EONON I think
Price around $300. Fitted similar to my 04

MEGOMONSTER
2nd April 2013, 08:48 AM
Try a double din unit has 4gb micro sd card for music,usb GPS dvd bluetooth everything. vendor is EXEON I think
Price around $300. Fitted similar to my 04

Do you mean EONON.

I believe this guy works for EONON or is a dealer or something and started this thread.
You will probably get more direct answer out of him.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=19231

Frank van dijk
13th April 2013, 06:10 PM
If fitting a new one why not try after market, you can get adapter harnesses to suit your cars harness and the new radios harness