PDA

View Full Version : Trailer axle width to match GU Patrol

Bagheera
1st April 2013, 09:47 PM
My brother is currently building/modifying a camper trailer for me. Part of the goal is to match wheels & track to my GU Patrol (GU III ZD30 ST-L).

I am planning on running alloy wheels on the trailer at this stage, as I have picked up a couple of spares for cheap.

It's getting to the point where I need to order the axle, but I need to work out the length. Has anyone been through this before and know what length I need to order? It will be a 45mm or 50mm square axle with 10" electric brakes (if that makes a difference) rated to something like 1500-1600kgs.

Is the axle length the face to face measurement, or the tip to tip measurement? If it's tip to tip, how much extra do you allow over the face to face measurement?

pearcey
1st April 2013, 09:54 PM
G`day mate Just give the axle maker the face to face measurement and they will do the rest.
I don`t know the width you want but you can measure your rear axle by removing the rear wheels and using a couple of strait edges

Rip'n'Shred
8th April 2013, 01:49 PM
I'd be interested to hear how you go with this. Have you done the measurement yet?

rottodiver
8th April 2013, 02:20 PM
Don't forget the offset of the rims can also effect this
Scotty