l am suffering loss of power off the mark and up hills
it's not blowing any smoke and the engine light is not coming on
it is a gu 3 auto zd30
any ideas
this is doing my head in
cheers Shane

boots
1st April 2013, 06:26 PM
When you replaced the engine was the fuel pump serviced / overhauled ? injectors ? fuel filter ?

threedogs
1st April 2013, 06:46 PM
Is it making Boost??
. Few things to try,
Re check all vacuum hoses and IC hoses.
Clean or replace Maf

Wine_maker
1st April 2013, 07:53 PM
MAF sensor?

mudski
2nd April 2013, 01:22 AM
MAF sensor?
Mass Air Flow sensor. Can be found on said motor just after the air cleaner box. You will see a wiring loom going into the air intake, after the air cleaner, which connects to the sensor. In a nutshell it measures the amount of air passing through it and then tells the ECU how much fuel needs to be pumped in to give the correct amount of air and fuel together. Sometimes, well more often than not, these are forgotten about or not known about and if not cleaned can cause the vehicle to run quite badly and have poor fuel efficiency. Then after years of not cleaning it they will just die and no longer work.

Stokezi
2nd April 2013, 11:48 AM
Update
had hooked up to computer and has come back as air intake volume
so is this maf sensor and does anyone know can l use generic or do l have to use nissan

Parksy
2nd April 2013, 12:52 PM
Pull out the maf sensor first and give it a clean with maf sensor cleaner. Failing that, give the sensor a tap while the engine is idling. If the engine stumbles when tapped, it's u/s.

Stokezi
2nd April 2013, 01:45 PM
yes maf sensor has made a big ,still not 100% . I going to fill with new fuel and diesel power as the fuel has been stilling in it for 5 months
will let you know how i get on