PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox ratio's please help.

twase
1st April 2013, 04:31 PM
For those who have been following my XR6T into a GQ, the second last thing I need to do before I get to take it for a spin is calibrate my speedo. What I am planning on doing is with the wheels of the ground put in in 5th and with 3000rpm calibrate the speedo, I know I have 3.9:1 diff gears but need to know what the 5th gear ratio is so I can work out what Speed it should be indicating. If someone would be so kind as to give me the ratios based on the following information I will be very gratefull, after 5 days straight dawn to dusk I am a bit sapped at present.

Some information:
1990 maverick 4.2 petrol 5 speed manual.

twase
1st April 2013, 07:32 PM
Here is the answer.

Big Red
3rd April 2013, 07:59 PM
For those who have been following my XR6T into a GQ, the second last thing I need to do before I get to take it for a spin is calibrate my speedo. What I am planning on doing is with the wheels of the ground put in in 5th and with 3000rpm calibrate the speedo, I know I have 3.9:1 diff gears but need to know what the 5th gear ratio is so I can work out what Speed it should be indicating. If someone would be so kind as to give me the ratios based on the following information I will be very gratefull, after 5 days straight dawn to dusk I am a bit sapped at present.

Some information:
1990 maverick 4.2 petrol 5 speed manual.

do it in fourth gear as it is 1:1