PDA

View Full Version : Zd30 hot water shower fitout

dawzo
31st March 2013, 10:47 PM
G'day guys

I've got an 03 gu with a zd30

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations as where to fit the heat
Exchanger. I have a cross country intercooler and I don't think it would fit directly between that and the firewall,
I don't like the idear of behind the bullbar As I feel it's just waiting to be smashed with a rock.

Any suggestions ? And if I were to fit it on the firewall I'm guessing tech screws would be a bad idear? Pop rivets??

Thanks Matt

Dominator
1st April 2013, 10:29 PM
I am sure I have read a thread about where to fit a heat exchanger in a 3.0 recently. Can't remember if it was here or on another patrol forum. Maybe do a google search and see what comes up.

As for mounting, I mounted mine in my GQ with teck screws and it has held up great.

MEGOMONSTER
1st April 2013, 11:53 PM
Surely there's enough space under a 3lts bonnet to fit it up.

dawzo
2nd April 2013, 12:53 AM
Sorry I should have worded it a little better.

Yea there is defiantly heaps of room under the bonnet, but all the places I've seen them exchanges mounted I have stuff already there. Sure a bit of time out poking around in the shed ill work it out quick enough.

The main thing I was worried about the pushed me to start the post was more about how to mount it.
It's all well and good to make a bracket and use bolts but just wasn't sure if I do end up putting it on the firewall if teks would be the right choice.

Thanks for the replies, ill add some pics once I get it in.