PDA

View Full Version : TD42 safari auto t-case has 2 switches

buddrick
31st March 2013, 08:21 PM
I'm doing a auto to manual conversion and on the auto t.case there is another switch next to the 4wd switch does any one know y or what it is????? Do I need this for my manual box?? And do these trucks have a auto computer any where??

NissanGQ4.2
31st March 2013, 08:31 PM
Can you take a pic of what switch you are referring 2???

Read below link re auto computer, my one is for a TB42 not TD42 but is more than likely in the same spot

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2705-GQ-4.2-EFI-TCU-(-Transmission-Control-Unit-)-Location&p=37152

Cheers

Toddie

Yendor
31st March 2013, 08:41 PM
It a neutral switch.

If you are fitting a manual gearbox and transfer case it won't have one.

The reverse light switch will be in the gearbox.

buddrick
31st March 2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys That's good help but just struck on should I take tc computer out or will I have more problems with it out then in??

Yendor
31st March 2013, 09:43 PM
We don't have to many factory fitted TD42 with autos here so it's a bit hard to give you an exact answer.

I think you should be able to remove the auto computer and everything else should still work in the vehicle.

You will need to bypass the start neutral switch, there should be a start relay beside the battery on the driver side this will be the easiest place to do this.

I think most people would rather have the auto.

Yendor
31st March 2013, 09:46 PM
Your manual wire harness should have the wiring for the speedo, reverse light switch and 4WD indicator light switch in it.

As long as the Safari plugs aren't different it should plug straight up.