PDA

View Full Version : Mq front wheel bearing bolt size

79raven
30th March 2013, 02:27 PM
Just a quick one people. I have 2 front wheel bearing kits coming on order and I need the wheel bearing/hub bolt size so I can grab the correct socket.
Car is a 7/83 Mq patrol with a c200 front diff. I think they are 54mm, but I have read they can be 54,52 or pin type so I want to find out before I start pulling it all apart and so I have all thats needed to do the job beforehand.
Cheers lads and lasses
Raven

GQ TANK
1st April 2013, 12:36 AM
You can always fall back to the cold chisel - you will also need a 8mm hex head for the hub bolts - its better to get a socket, as you can put more leverage on the bolt with stipping the head if you just use an allen key. On my MK the po done this & I had to cut a couple of bolts out with an angle grinder & chisiel

79raven
1st April 2013, 10:53 AM
Cheers about the hex head. I ended up getting a 54mm socket as I think I read they are actually 53mm in the Mq, but the 54 is the right size to get. I hope what I read was correct as I want this to go as smooth as possible. We have a month left on this rental before we have to be out and we dont have a place to go to yet so there is enough stress on the plate without dealing with a car in the garage thats half apart and undrivable. The Mq is going to be towing a small trailer and I didnt want it to be doing it with one rooted wheel bearing up front, so it has to be done.
Thanks for the input. Is it really true the wheel bearing bolts get tightened to 167nm? Seems allot for a bearing bolt....