my third 256
29th March 2013, 08:44 AM
to the moderators could we please have a poll
to see what the ratio between models that are stolen
thanks stephen

p.s. and maybe what you have done to make it safe from being taken

Clunk
29th March 2013, 10:29 AM
Why???????? Sorry but I don't see the point.......... Irrespective of whether it's a DX, RX, ST or TI, I really Don't think the thieving sh#ts care it what model it is, if they want it they'll try to take it, if they can't get the truck then they'll try to grab something off if.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

my third 256
29th March 2013, 12:55 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of mq ,gq. gu
what was the more popular to steal

Bloodyaussie
29th March 2013, 03:45 PM
There would be stats available you should be able to access that would give you all cars????

NP99
31st March 2013, 09:17 AM
i was thinking more along the lines of mq ,gq. gu
what was the more popular to steal

Or easiest to break into maybe!

BigRAWesty
31st March 2013, 01:54 PM
Or easiest to break into maybe!

Any patrol without an alarm is easy.. took raa maybe 10 seconds with a coat hanger to do mine a while back..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NP99
31st March 2013, 02:02 PM
Any patrol without an alarm is easy.. took raa maybe 10 seconds with a coat hanger to do mine a while back..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Good to know......

Clunk
31st March 2013, 03:05 PM
Any patrol with or without an alarm is easy to break into......... Depending on how good your immobilizer is will depend on how long it takes for it to disappear down the road

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Yendor
31st March 2013, 03:32 PM

How long would it take with an alarm fitted?

Winnie
31st March 2013, 03:34 PM
Thing is with car alarms is that when people hear one, they ignore it. I know I do.

BigRAWesty
31st March 2013, 06:07 PM
How long would it take with an alarm fitted?

The same amount I'd say. Its weather the theft craps himself when it goes off..

I like the hidden ignition switch. We have 2 identical switches next to each other.. one spotties and one ignition

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Yendor
31st March 2013, 06:38 PM
The same amount I'd say. Its weather the theft craps himself when it goes off..

I like the hidden ignition switch. We have 2 identical switches next to each other.. one spotties and one ignition

A thief will be quicker either way, they won't be using a coat hanger. They don't care if they damage the vehicle getting in.

An alarm might scare away joy riders. If it's a professional not a hope.

The reason I don't recommend having alarms system installed is I have seen too many fail. Especially in 4wds due to excessive dust, moisture or corrugations.

Either they go off in the middle of the night for no reason, flatten the battery or prevent the owner from starting the vehicle.

You are better off installing your own hidden kill switch. This way if it does fail while you are out camping in the middle of nowhere you will know how to bypass it.

Winnie
31st March 2013, 06:43 PM
Don't get me started on aftermarket alarms...... My first cAr had one and failed, drained the battery all the time. Bought new battery still had the issue, then the car wouldn't start. Took out alarm all good.
Almost the same problem with last car but it only happened every now and then it wouldn't start. Dust had ruined it.
Hidden kill switch is a great idea though.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

04OFF
31st March 2013, 08:35 PM
I think a biggest problem with alarms, is people buy the cheapest one they can find, then wonder why it lets them down, decent electronic gear should last as well as factory electronics.

Ive always run the DEI re-branded alarms in my cars, i have found them very reliable (14 years and still ok), even in the troll, my current alarm has been through hell with all the 4wding, and then after the acco, all the sandblasting i did, moisture exposure etc etc, some of my factory nissan electrics had issues, but the alarm is still fine.

Another thing people overlook is the "installation", just like car audio, the installer can make or break the reliability and functionality of any aftermarket fitted electronics.

Airstrike
31st March 2013, 09:32 PM
A few years ago I had an alarm fitted to my Harley incase some maggot decided he wanted what he couldmt afford. I was sent a module by a mate in Canada so when the fuel was bypassed, ignition was fiddled with or the bike was on an angle without key in, the alarm would go off. BUT the alarm was a womans voice screaming HELP!!!! best $160 ever spent.

my third 256
1st April 2013, 04:16 AM
instead of just the car alarm get the unit that has an imobiliser in it as well but remember when out bush and it fails there is no go
so i like the idear of a battery isolator
hasnt nissan upgraded their alarm and isolator as on my gu6

Alitis007
1st April 2013, 08:42 AM
I had a cheap remote starting alarm on my Rx7 that was good until summer came around and fried the areal for it but now i have the top of the line Viper alarm with GPS tracking for $100 a year. Thru the mobile app i get notifications like if someone bumps it and the alarm goes off and its got a ton of other features like if you pinch my car i can turn it off and lock you in lol. Not sure how it would go in a 4b tho.