PDA

View Full Version : Vent..

billy bleed
28th March 2013, 04:09 PM
tut.. i wish i had the knowledge on how to install electrical items..!

just got my new Stereo and CB installed.. got home all excited to have a play and bam.. they installed the Uniden UH089NB when I asked for the GME TX3500..!

Now have to go back next week to have the other fitted.. Should I just stay with the uniden or go back and get what I asked for?

Nice enough guys but so frustrating getting the wrong item fitted.. it seems now days that service aint what it used to be.. but in saying that am happy with my alpine blue tooth single din system.. never had blue tooth!

threedogs
28th March 2013, 04:12 PM
Depending how much price difference and features.
Wrong one installed aside are you happy with it.

billy bleed
28th March 2013, 04:16 PM
100 bucks difference.. was just recommended the gme tx3500 and assumed it was better quality brand..?

threedogs
28th March 2013, 04:33 PM
Given the amount of times they are used and how long you intend keeping this 4x4,
if the $100 is in your favour call dealers mistake or get $100 off them

healy
28th March 2013, 04:51 PM
Basically same unit yeah just different brands

mudnut
28th March 2013, 05:12 PM
I can understand your annoyance, but I have uniden gear, and am very happy with the build quality, radio range and sound output.

billy bleed
28th March 2013, 05:28 PM
yeah bugger it.. save a hundred bucks for something else.. i'll only be using it in emergencies i guess..

feel a little better.. but still don't think service is what is was say 10 years ago.. you always end up cleaning up something afterwards..

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2013, 06:03 PM
Yeh service these days for anything has gone to the sh!t house, I rang an electrician for a small job, was quoted 100 bucks, told him it wasn't urgent and when he could fit me in to give me a call to work out a date and time................never heard back from him. His loss as I had a lot more electrical work for him to do when the money permitted.

CB's / UFH's are a much of a muchness, but I would ring them and get them to install what you asked for at no extra cost just out of principle

Sir Roofy
28th March 2013, 07:30 PM
Dont understand why you didnt check if it was done or even worked before you left the workshop
always check there work even if you have to do it in the car park( why owner satifaction)

mudski
28th March 2013, 07:40 PM
Yeh service these days for anything has gone to the sh!t house, I rang an electrician for a small job, was quoted 100 bucks, told him it wasn't urgent and when he could fit me in to give me a call to work out a date and time................never heard back from him. His loss as I had a lot more electrical work for him to do when the money permitted.

This is where you went wrong. NEVER, say to a tradie that its not urgent as it will always to right to the back of the list. Had a client wanting their pc fixed. He said its not urgent, well that was two months ago. All the jobs that actually get a booking get first dibs...Just how it rolls....If he said, lets book it in. It would have been done yonks ago.

NP99
28th March 2013, 08:01 PM
GME is the better product in my opinion.

healy
28th March 2013, 10:17 PM
GME is the better product in my opinion.

What makes it better in your opinion? I reckon there all the same just gotta get a good aerial on

megatexture
28th March 2013, 10:52 PM
This is where you went wrong. NEVER, say to a tradie that its not urgent as it will always to right to the back of the list. Had a client wanting their pc fixed. He said its not urgent, well that was two months ago. All the jobs that actually get a booking get first dibs...Just how it rolls....If he said, lets book it in. It would have been done yonks ago.

Yea x2 on that and sometimes they say "when you have some spare time to fit me in" that will never happen lol

I would just get a refund for the difference and be thankful they didn’t give you oricom lol

mudski
1st April 2013, 08:49 PM
Yea x2 on that and sometimes they say "when you have some spare time to fit me in" that will never happen lol

I would just get a refund for the difference and be thankful they didn’t give you oricom lol
Whats wrong with Oricom? I nearly bought a pair of their 2W handhelds the other day...

NP99
1st April 2013, 09:02 PM
What makes it better in your opinion? I reckon there all the same just gotta get a good aerial on

Australian made. Warranty returns are hassle free and technology inside the box is superior.