PDA

View Full Version : Having radio reception issues with your double DIN?

mudski
25th March 2013, 09:03 PM
I bought an Eonon double DIN unit a while back. Whilst the install was easy and straight forward, the radio reception was crap. One thing I noitced when the recption got fuzzy all I had to too to make it better was touch the unit with my finger and it was much better.
So over the weekend I ripped it out, took the lid of it and saw where the aerial plug was in the back of the unit, located the earth link from the plug to the receiver, and soldiered on an earth wire and then when I screwed the unit back in to the dash, I attached the wire to the mounting screw.
Now the reception is much better. Working down the coast, south of Geelong I could never get Melbourne radio properly. Now I can get as far as 10k's from Colac before i have to turn it off.

MudRunnerTD
25th March 2013, 09:17 PM
You should copy and paste that into the anonon thread

NP99
25th March 2013, 09:18 PM
Earthing can be the cause of a lot of problems,well done!

happygu
25th March 2013, 09:23 PM
Good catch and good fix by the sounds of it Mudski...well done.

Bloodyaussie
25th March 2013, 09:44 PM
Bad earth wrecks many a radiator !!!!!!

Maxhead
25th March 2013, 09:49 PM
Thanks for posting this up, I had the same issue with mine, done the same with mine and the difference was unbelievable

4by
2nd April 2013, 09:51 PM
Hey i think i have the same problem.
So how do i do this?? Do i solder a wire from the earth lead on ant plug inside the unit to the unit chassis. Is that right.....

Frank van dijk
13th April 2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks man that helped me to

mudski
2nd May 2013, 08:05 PM
Hey i think i have the same problem.
So how do i do this?? Do i solder a wire from the earth lead on ant plug inside the unit to the unit chassis. Is that right.....
Sorry for the late reply. If you haven't already done it. Open up the unit. Locate the antenna plug on the back and where it goes to the receiver module. On my unit I could clearly see an earth strap going from the receiver module(if thats what it's called) to the antenna plug.
All I did what solder a wire to the earth strap and ran it outside the unit and then attached this wire to the frame of the car.
Easy peasy.

4by
2nd May 2013, 09:04 PM
Yeah got it all sussed. Also had to change the ant sockets which helped. Thanks Mudski