PDA

View Full Version : hello from the faroe islands

polaris
25th March 2013, 11:01 AM
Hi I'm the owner of a barely working y60 swb.
When an intelligent question comes to mind I will ask. But most of the answers seem to be here already.

Pól Laurits

lorrieandjas
25th March 2013, 11:05 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum! Great bunch of people on here and heaps of tips and advice to be found. Feel free to fire away with any questions.

Jas

Winnie
25th March 2013, 11:07 AM
Hey one of my favourite bands come from the Faroe Islands, awesome place! Welcome aboard mate.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Dhuck
25th March 2013, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
25th March 2013, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions!

polaris
25th March 2013, 12:03 PM
thank you for the warm welcome. And I will have questions later right now I'm trying to read what everyone else has written :)

growler2058
25th March 2013, 12:18 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

BigRAWesty
25th March 2013, 12:22 PM
Welcome mate. Good to see you researching away. Hopefully we can help.
Enjoy the forum and the bus

taslucas
25th March 2013, 01:10 PM
Gday mate, welcome aboard. Plenty to see and do and it sounds like you're in your way to finding it all. That is a beautiful place in the world you come from and id love to see some photos of your local 4wding spots.:-)

MEGOMONSTER
25th March 2013, 01:56 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Franki
25th March 2013, 02:24 PM
Yeah welcome to the forum, lots of stuff here to help troubleshoot.

Maxhead
26th March 2013, 10:00 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

healy
26th March 2013, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

my third 256
26th March 2013, 04:22 PM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

rtype16
27th March 2013, 06:50 AM
Welcome to the forum may your patrolling be fun and exciting!

polaris
30th March 2013, 11:32 AM
day after I paid for it the startingmotor stopped starting. New rebuilt starter.
Then the glow system stops glowing (maybe it stopped before the starter).
Everything good for three weeks.
Rear shocks and leakage in the fuel lines ( when I repair that I notice that the rear axle to swaybar connection is rusted of)
Brake pedal gets mushy, I bleed the brakes. Then I see that the left caliper is seized up with one pad unused and the other down to almost metal (it still braked in a straight line because the right side was totally worn out, and the line was air filled)
All these issues are repaired. So I'm down to a car that's seeping lubricant from the left front knuckle, and bleeding oil from somewhere around the turbo.
Oh and the passenger side door can't be opened from the inside.

And now to the other side I will not stop now. this trol will get back on the road, it has taught me that I enjoy wrenching. And it is fast becoming some sort of loser friend that you just can't cut out of your life.

Polaris

polaris
30th March 2013, 11:36 AM
sorry my intro to the last post went somewhere else

threedogs
30th March 2013, 11:51 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forum, I to are waiting to see pics of where you are,
and where you 4x4, jump in anytime and enjoy.

polaris
30th March 2013, 12:12 PM
I live in one of the most hostile environments on the planet when it comes to offroading. Our country is 500 sq miles, and paved where it is passable by car.but as soon as i get a camera I will post some photos of where I would like to drive :) . We use 4x4 to deal with the weather (wind, snow. ice)

dawzo
30th March 2013, 04:03 PM
Welcome to the site mate.