PDA

View Full Version : Petrol injectors

Parksy
25th March 2013, 11:31 AM
Hi all

I'm sourcing new injectors for my tb42e. I quickly asked this question in another thread about a month ago but I've been doing more research and found some new things and was hoping someone knew some things also. Looking at eBay for the stock patrol injectors and they are frightfully expensive. But looking at the model list for fitment, the injectors also fit the ka24e motor in the terrano and navara. But the ka24e motor is also found in the 240sx and here is where I've found a gold mine of new cheap injectors in the u/s. I believe the patrol injector is a 260cc, high impedence unit, same as the 240sx units. They physically appear the same with the same electrical connector. But I don't want to buy 6 of these, wait 3-4 weeks for it to arrive from the u/s and find they don't fit. So I'm hoping someone here knows a thing or two and can point me in the right direction.
I don't want to rip them out and clean them, with almost 400k on them I'm sure they aren't sealing/spraying/doing the right thing as best as they can anymore.
Thanks all for reading

Andy

Parksy
25th March 2013, 12:40 PM
Cheers big rig! Do you have any contact details for petroject? A quick google reveals alot of sites.

I'm abit hit and miss about the injector size. No one seems to have a definite size of the patrol injectors, but when using ecu talk on the patrol, I get the most accurate fuel usage when injectors are set at 260cc. But then again maybe my patrols injectors are so clogged that its giving a false assumption.

Parksy
25th March 2013, 02:01 PM
Gave them a call, $193 per injector. Asked them about aftermarket units, he told me they don't do them.
Also having another look at the 240sx injectors I can see a difference, so back to square one.

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 02:07 PM
Do you have a part number off one of the injectors??

Parksy
25th March 2013, 02:16 PM
Have tried looking for numbers, but there appears to be a few numbers all over the injector. Not sure which one resembles a part number.

Parksy
25th March 2013, 02:28 PM
The following numbers I found on the injector
JS21-1
6G00

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 02:57 PM
Is there a brand name on them??

Parksy
25th March 2013, 03:01 PM
Can't see a brand name, but when typing js21-1 into google it comes up with injectors that look identical to this unit. Possibly the part number?

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 03:24 PM
My supplier said he can't get them and Denso australia doesn't have them in stock, he also said the originals can't be cleaned and that not many other people would be bringing them in coz they where pricey. Thats why petro ject are asking so much for them. Sorry about that mate!!

Parksy
25th March 2013, 05:10 PM
Ok did some more searching.
Oem part number is 16600-86G00. They are a Jecs injector. They are available overseas for cheap as chips, but I don't understand their sites too well. Found a website that can send me 6 brand new injectors for less than 200, unfortunately the site cannot work out shipping costs to Australia, so just waiting for a response and hopefully can get some cheap injectors.

Parksy
2nd April 2013, 05:53 PM
Got my injectors today. Took about 2 hours to do the job, but not too difficult. If anyone wants tips on this job I can write up a how to.
New ones
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/D018C7CF-F9E0-47EF-B4D7-39F45DF26C4C-5570-0000042E9E6FB8EF.jpg
Old ones
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/08CD5730-814F-43F0-B18A-A97E90012A2D-5570-0000042EA567D5E0.jpg
I paid a total of 230 for the injectors, delivered to my door. My car now pulls hard. I can't believe how much power these things can rob. Quieter too. :)

ozzyboy
2nd April 2013, 06:32 PM
hey mate. good score.
would be handy if you did a write up. i'm thinking i'll give it a go
also, what was the website you got them from.

cheers

ozz

Parksy
2nd April 2013, 08:38 PM
hey mate. good score.
would be handy if you did a write up. i'm thinking i'll give it a go
also, what was the website you got them from.

cheers

ozz

Hey mate

Very straight forward job, don't need to remove the intake manifold or even the fuel rail.
Remove the flexible intake tube, then the funky black plenum looking thing. Held down with 2 bolts, 12mm heads with about 4 tubes running from them. Just disconnect them and remove the plenum from the car. Undo the hose clamps connecting the black tubes to the bottom of the throttle body. A small amount of coolant will leak out. Disconnect the tps and the other electrical connector. Remove the vacuum tube from the throttle body. Hold the throttle open and disconnect the throttle cable. I think the 4 screws holding the throttle body are 6mm Hex heads. Remove these and the throttle body will pull off depending on the age of the gasket. Now you have plenty of room to reach the injectors. On the fwd side of the fuel rail, underneath the fuel inlet tube is a bolt, 10mm head, remove this. The fuel rail itself is held on with 2 bolts, 12mm heads. The aft one is easy to access using a socket and a 12" extension. The fwd bolt is more of a pain due to being obstructed but some clever use with an open end spanner will remove this bolt. The fuel rail will now wobble about. Disconnect all injector electrical connectors as this will allow even more movement of the fuel rail and also help avoid unwanted breakages. At this point it's quite easy to remove each injector. When installing the new injectors, lube the orings and be very careful not to pinch these on installation. With all new injectors in place, line them up with the intake manifold and loosely install the 2 fuel rail bolts. Then check to make sure they are still aligned properly, then reconnect the electrical connectors, then torque the bolts up. If you torque them up first without connecting the electrical connector, you might find it in the wrong position and you want to avoid turning them as you risk tearing orings and seals. Everything else is basically a reversal of the removal. Don't forget the 10mm bolt holding the fuel intake tube to the manifold. When you first remove the injectors, you will get fuel spillage. Common sense applies, wear gloves and eye protection. Hopefully this covers everything. If not just ask.

Cheers

mrnizmo
21st July 2014, 06:59 PM
Hey Mate, could you PM me where you got the injectors from. I need a set for my Patrol as mine a coughing and splattering.

Cheers Mate

Got my injectors today. Took about 2 hours to do the job, but not too difficult. If anyone wants tips on this job I can write up a how to.
New ones
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/D018C7CF-F9E0-47EF-B4D7-39F45DF26C4C-5570-0000042E9E6FB8EF.jpg
Old ones
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/08CD5730-814F-43F0-B18A-A97E90012A2D-5570-0000042EA567D5E0.jpg
I paid a total of 230 for the injectors, delivered to my door. My car now pulls hard. I can't believe how much power these things can rob. Quieter too. :)

Bloodyaussie
21st July 2014, 07:02 PM
Hey Mate, could you PM me where you got the injectors from. I need a set for my Patrol as mine a coughing and splattering.

Cheers Mate

Mate Parksy will help you out but can you post up an intro... polite and all!!

mrnizmo
21st July 2014, 07:27 PM
no worries mate. cheers

Bloodyaussie
21st July 2014, 07:45 PM
Here is a link mate..... posted in the TB42E thread.

http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/catalog/item/5426601/5376382.htm

mrnizmo
21st July 2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the link mate. cheers

Heinzy
23rd October 2015, 02:20 PM
What was the name of the site mate?