PDA

View Full Version : Look who come to visit.

NP99
24th March 2013, 11:12 PM
All the rain and he was looking for somewhere dry I guess. All happy in my shed.

BigRAWesty
24th March 2013, 11:13 PM
Python?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

TPC
24th March 2013, 11:14 PM
Diamond head python?

NP99
24th March 2013, 11:15 PM
Python?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Yes mate. Good looker too.

NP99
24th March 2013, 11:25 PM
Great ratters too......

TPC
24th March 2013, 11:42 PM
The only snakes that visit my place are Browns.

MEGOMONSTER
25th March 2013, 05:55 AM
I've had a Tiger snake resting at my joint years ago.

NissanGQ4.2
25th March 2013, 06:36 AM
The only snakes that visit my place are Browns.

Yep same here, mind you I haven't seen any in a while....don't know if that's a good or bad thing

Maxhead
25th March 2013, 06:39 AM
Yep same here, mind you I haven't seen any in a while....don't know if that's a good or bad thing

They,re all under your bed...lol

.........on the move

NP99
25th March 2013, 08:30 AM
A snake handler told me once that if you pour dieso around your property it will keep the snakes away,the downside,if they are already there, they are trapped!

BigRAWesty
25th March 2013, 09:43 AM
Yes mate. Good looker too.

Thought so. Only see one before when I was working north of isa at the MMG site.
He decided to drop into the camp and have a look around. Only about 1m long, so a bit smaller than the one you have there
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/03/140.jpg

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

NP99
25th March 2013, 09:46 AM
I have a few up on my Sunshine Coast property, tame as for wild reptiles!

Dominator
25th March 2013, 10:04 AM
We get heaps of coastal pythons around my place. I usually leave them if they are under 2m, any bigger and I worry about them snacking on the wife's chihuahua so I catch them and relocate to state forrest. Had one recently, just under 2m so I left him. After about a month his eyes must have got bigger than his stomach and one night he had a go at the dog, the dog was squealing, I ran outside and the snake had latched into his arse. Hahaha. Had to catch him and move him on. Had a good laugh at the audacity of it tho.

NP99
25th March 2013, 10:10 AM
Surprisingly mine would leave the chooks and eggs alone. Rats must taste better.

Ben-e-boy
25th March 2013, 10:19 AM
At work the are piles of mud/dust/dirt under coveryors that have dust surpression sprays. The inland taipans love burrowing into them, its scary when you thow the shovel into the pile and an angry taipan comes out at you

NP99
25th March 2013, 10:33 AM
I'd rather face an angry Taipan than an angry woman :-)

mudnut
25th March 2013, 12:07 PM
In the holidays we had a copper head in the tadpole pond in the front yard. We couldn't get at it to relocate it, so called the local snake removalist. He tried to find the snake with a small stick, but eventuall reached into the mud to find it, with no idea where its head was. As casual as ever, he pulled the animal out and stuffed it into a hessian sack.

NP99
25th March 2013, 01:39 PM
In the holidays we had a copper head in the tadpole pond in the front yard. We couldn't get at it to relocate it, so called the local snake removalist. He tried to find the snake with a small stick, but eventuall reached into the mud to find it, with no idea where its head was. As casual as ever, he pulled the animal out and stuffed it into a hessian sack.

That's as good as I want to be!

Cuppa
25th March 2013, 01:57 PM
Mainly Red bellied Blacks here, (some big ones too), and an occasional Tiger too.
I'm told the RBB's eat the Tigers, so I don't mind having them around unless they get into the sheds. Tigers can be nasty buggers.

Cuppa

mudnut
25th March 2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah, Cuppa, they don't get out of the way for nuthin'. Even on open ground, they prefer for you to give way.