PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware

hekarewe
24th March 2013, 06:54 PM
going through my new 4wd action mag and saw this full page add from RV4X4.COM.AU bottom left corner was a special deal an 80lt fridge from INFOMON folding 120amp solar panel and a 2KVA pure sine wave generator inverter all for $1300.00. my first thought was hey i struck pay dirt got to get onto this as in the picture it shows a fridge identicil to the waco brand.

once omn the site i found the only 80lt fridge was the one i mentioned not a waco or waco copy. so a quick google to find out more about it. now on the RV site the fridge is listed for $1299.00 normal price and marked down to $625.00. first page i open to find more info on this fridge is the http://www.interproductsonline.com/ has the same fridge normal price is $588.00

the 2ka generator is also listed on both site on the RV site it is just over $1000.00 on the interproduct site around the $500.00 dollars mark. the solar panels are about the price on the 2 sites.

so being myself i had to send them a email asking the question in the huge difference in price not holding my breath for an answwer thow in a nut shell it is buyer beware and do your research if looks to good to be true then it usually is got to wonder though how many peop,le have fallen for this deal and gotten ripped of by these people at RV 4x4

NP99
24th March 2013, 08:24 PM
I'm a little confused with your figures?

BigRAWesty
24th March 2013, 09:55 PM

I think that's the point..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NP99
24th March 2013, 10:03 PM
It doesn't take much to confuse me these days :)

hekarewe
25th March 2013, 07:19 PM

sorry guys thats my fault i must have been suffering from fat finger syndrome hte fridge on the RV4x4 site was normally $1299.00 and then marked down to $625.00 the other site i was on the same fridge was half the price before being marked down sorry for the confusion guys i have edited the missing "1"

macca86
25th March 2013, 07:25 PM
Cheap fridge 12/240 volt only or gas too

happygu
25th March 2013, 08:22 PM
The add mentions 80 Litre and also 45 Litre two lines above it ..... a little tough when the retailer can't get it right.

I would either ask lots of questions or see if you can look before you buy.

Mic

NP99
25th March 2013, 08:45 PM
Looks similar to other Chinese stockists of outdoor goods.

Drewboyaus
25th March 2013, 08:53 PM
Lots of retailers do it where they inflate the so called RRP and then offer you a HUGE discount to show you how much they want your business.
In my world of IT sales, Cisco are masters of it with generally nobody paying full price and many key customers getting 60% discounts off list.....its a joke really but as you say, buyer beware.
It pays to do your homework and like anything in life, if it looks too good to be true.......it generally is.
Cheers,
Drew.

Brisat
26th March 2013, 08:13 AM
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS MOB.
Over 200 complaints to ACCC about him.Has been fined etc but totally ignores this

MQ MAD
26th March 2013, 10:36 PM
sorry guys thats my fault i must have been suffering from fat finger syndrome hte fridge on the RV4x4 site was normally $1299.00 and then marked down to $625.00 the other site i was on the same fridge was half the price before being marked down sorry for the confusion guys i have edited the missing "1"

Most retailers can have more than 100 % mark up ,and when they have massive 50 % off sales ,people get all excited
Many retailers I deal with work on a minimum of 100 %,some even as high as 150 %,then throw in GST
Buying power,volumes,regular customer can get bigger ,better deals than 1 off customers
Ill sell a $600 item to a new customer, but a regular customer mite be paying $500 ....