PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone watch UFC?

NP99
24th March 2013, 02:14 PM
I'm a big fan of the under cards. Anyone else watch UFC\MMA?

macca86
24th March 2013, 02:20 PM
I like to see it but don't have foxtel it doesn't seem to be on free view anymore so I'm not up to date with champs and personal battles I went off it after it started following boxing a bigmouth showboat style

NP99
24th March 2013, 02:36 PM
I like to see it but don't have foxtel it doesn't seem to be on free view anymore so I'm not up to date with champs and personal battles I went off it after it started following boxing a bigmouth showboat style

I think there is plans afoot to join with the WWE, might be why the trash talk is coming into it.

macca86
24th March 2013, 03:11 PM
That'll be the end of them

NP99
24th March 2013, 05:29 PM
It's all about $$$$!!

Cuppa
24th March 2013, 05:45 PM
What is UFC? Some sort of fighting?

NP99
24th March 2013, 05:52 PM
Ultimate fighting championship

macca86
24th March 2013, 05:56 PM
It use to be brutal no rules any discipline combat sport with no weight classes check you tube for UFC to UFC 60ish brutal now it's been toned down and all smack talk still great fighting but there's rules to follow and weight classes etc

NP99
24th March 2013, 06:04 PM
It use to be brutal no rules any discipline combat sport with no weight classes check you tube for UFC to UFC 60ish brutal now it's been toned down and all smack talk still great fighting but there's rules to follow and weight classes etc

They changed the rules so it could be sold main stream. Also has to be better for the fighters.

macca86
24th March 2013, 06:16 PM
I watched a fight between a judo middle weight vs a sumo gotta be a 200kg weight difference

Coldcomfort
24th March 2013, 07:10 PM
My Daughter has her black belt in TaiKwonDo.. We used to watch it together quite often while she was training. It was a good visual training aid..... But as has been said previously it has been toned down quite a bit. I suspect to get around any possible law suites that could erupt.

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:22 PM
I watched a fight between a judo middle weight vs a sumo gotta be a 200kg weight difference

Are you talking about Royce Gracie?? He reinvented mma / brazilian jujitsu and created most of the holds like the triangle choke hold, flying arm bar, guillotine.. I used to watch it live on 1 hd and on Foxtel , fuel tv but haven't in ages but i grew up watching all sorts of fighting and going to watch the kickboxing and stuff like that.

My younger brother did mma for a while and he put me in an ankle lock the prick lol

emm
24th March 2013, 09:46 PM
Love UFC, it really helped the blending of martial arts to require both ground work and stand up.
Also love the tv series "the ultimate fighter".

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

NP99
24th March 2013, 10:01 PM
Love UFC, it really helped the blending of martial arts to require both ground work and stand up.
Also love the tv series "the ultimate fighter".

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Strikers and grapplers .....very entertaining against each other.

Dominator
25th March 2013, 09:20 AM
Strikers and grapplers .....very entertaining against each other.

Haha, when the grapplers scramble watch the strikers chit themselves.