PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Nissan patrol Forum

healy
23rd March 2013, 10:47 AM
My wife and I would really like to thank everybody who has come forward to help us out. We could never have imagined that we would be offered this kind for help and we're blow away when BA came to us with the offer. Watching everyone come forward over the last few days and be so willing to help us out has been amazing. We honestly cannot thank everybody enough for what they have done. We will be there and the working day and AB's place to personally thank everybody.
thank you everyone who has helped out in anyway they they can.
Big thank you to BA for making this possible and helping us fix our car with out this help things would still be looking pretty dark for our family.
thanks to AB for hoisting the work day at his place.
And a Big thank you to jas for his amazing contrabution to help us out, thank you really doesnt sound like enough to say mate, we hope you can make in down on the 6th so we can thank you in person.

Thank you So much

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2013, 10:52 AM
Good on ya Healy, take care of your family mate and your family here will take care of you.

Well done NP.com.au

AB
23rd March 2013, 10:58 AM
I'm blown away too mate, this place is one of a kind that's for sure!

Looking forward to this meet up everyone and pimping it up...lol

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 11:00 AM
This is why this such a great forum we help each other without expecting something in return because we know its truly appreciated!!

Winnie
23rd March 2013, 11:01 AM
Can't believe it myself. Makes you proud to be here. And this post makes me proud to have been a part of it.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Stropp
23rd March 2013, 11:11 AM
mate its the good people on this forum and the aussie way to help out where and how we can, I personally wish you and the family all the best with the car and your health. Its great to be able to see so many come forward with offers of help and I can honestly say I am impressed with all who have contributed, again all the best Healy and family. Stropp

NissanGQ4.2
23rd March 2013, 11:50 AM
We honestly cannot thank everybody enough for what they have done.

A simple thanks is enough healy, Darren summed it up nicely "take care of your family mate and your family here will take care of you" Some of us don't know each other personally face to face but at the end of the day get to know each other on here and will help out whenever needed.

I would like to travel down and help out on the tools but unfortunately will be a no go for me, so putting some money towards getting your Trol back on track is the least I can do.

All the best to you and your family mate

Cheers

Toddie

mudski
23rd March 2013, 12:38 PM
All good mate. We, are the other family, the NP.com.au family. Its gonna be a great meet at AB's. Also mate, is there anything else that you know that requires attention that BA or any of us don't know of? Wiring issues etc etc...

Bob
23rd March 2013, 12:49 PM
Dont know if I will make it for the Workshop but enjoy the love of the meetup mate.
All the best to your family

healy
23rd March 2013, 01:01 PM
Wiring side of things I still needed to run a few wires for the lightbar but I have got fuses/holders Anderson plugs to finish it off aircon panel thing is stuffed and auxtank button and 4wd lights don't work but but auxbutton might be the fact the tank I'm pretty sure is stuffed. I've never had dual tanks my thought was when you hit the button it switches like a gas set up but when I filled both tanks the button dosnt light up and tank reads empty very quickly

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2013, 01:22 PM
Wiring side of things I still needed to run a few wires for the lightbar but I have got fuses/holders Anderson plugs to finish it off aircon panel thing is stuffed and auxtank button and 4wd lights don't work but but auxbutton might be the fact the tank I'm pretty sure is stuffed. I've never had dual tanks my thought was when you hit the button it switches like a gas set up but when I filled both tanks the button dosnt light up and tank reads empty very quickly

When you press the button you start a transfer pump and the 30lts in the sub tank is pumped across to the main tank and takes about 20 minutes.

healy
23rd March 2013, 01:25 PM
Ok so maybe it does work then

Cbates
23rd March 2013, 01:29 PM
I can finish running all the wires for your lightbar on the day! Hope your doing well mate! All the best for you and the family!

MEGOMONSTER
23rd March 2013, 02:16 PM
"Healy the world, make it a better place".

lorrieandjas
23rd March 2013, 02:33 PM
Hey mate - no thanks needed. I'll try and make it down on the 6th! Just glad to help out mate!

Jas

Sir Roofy
23rd March 2013, 02:38 PM
Healy i want something,to catch up have a beer with a most deserving an friendly young bloke
that i know so will see you an the wife on the sixth

Winnie
23rd March 2013, 03:20 PM
Healy i want something,to catch up have a beer with a most deserving an friendly young bloke
that i know so will see you an the wife on the sixth

All I ask in return for my donation is to see you Healy and your family enjoy it. See you on the 6th,cant wait

MEGOMONSTER
23rd March 2013, 03:31 PM
By the sounds of of this, you won't recognise your own Patrol.

healy
23rd March 2013, 05:12 PM
Those wheel arch flares are nice makes it look huge

NP99
23rd March 2013, 05:18 PM
Enjoy the day mate, we'll be thinking of you all on the 6th.

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2013, 05:28 PM
Hey I just heard Mego was donating His Seats!!! Damn your a lucky bugger Healy

mudski
23rd March 2013, 05:34 PM
There's a rumor going around that your donating a TD42t as well. Whats next? Leather seats, TD42t...Lockers anyone :)

mudski
23rd March 2013, 05:37 PM
What part of the air con panel we talking mate? The air con switches???

wildgu6
23rd March 2013, 05:59 PM
Like the 3 musketeers Heal's, all for one and one for all, you one of the family mate. It's such a satisfying feeling to see the support and mateship this place oozes. Glad to be part of it.
Might not be there for hands on but our thoughts are with you mate,
Hope it all works out well for you and the family, take care and enjoy the weekend buddy.

Cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

healy
23rd March 2013, 06:06 PM
What part of the air con panel we talking mate? The air con switches???

the directional dial dosnt work the white plastic cogs at the back are stuffed

3kids
23rd March 2013, 06:06 PM
I have to agree with the thanks to this forum.
I am being inundated with information and I havent asked a question yet.
I am looking forward to putting in some serious research.

TPC
23rd March 2013, 06:16 PM
I have not been this forum long, joined Oct last year.
I will be honest, I originally joined to get access to the manuals.
I then started to get involved in some of the threads and was amazed with the friendliness and comradery between everyone.
Over the last few months I have found myself looking forward to logging on each day to see what is going on and hopefully offering some advice, I have asked advice a few times and have been impressed with the quick response and willingness to help.
This week when I saw the thread started by BA and the response it got I felt proud to be part of what I believe is a great community, I have only met one member and hope to meat many more.
I have been helped by others over the years and always love the opportunity to help where I can and am sure most people involved in this forum feel the same.
I would also like to thank everyone for their generosity and effort they have put in and thank Healy and family for accepting the help.

Cuppa
23rd March 2013, 06:22 PM
Yep. A great community for sure.

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2013, 06:54 PM
With pleasure I am buggered!!!!!!!

Woof
23rd March 2013, 07:25 PM
Mate there is no need to thank us really, from what I have seen happen here we should be thanking you for allowing us to do this for you as it has made this family even closer............wish that I could be there on the 6th but will be waiting to read the trip report, so who is doing it??????

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 09:14 PM
CAN WE GO PLAY IN THE MUD ON THE 7th ?????????

healy
23rd March 2013, 09:27 PM
CAN WE GO PLAY IN THE MUD ON THE 7th ?????????

I'd love to but having my sons birthday party the 7th

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2013, 09:33 PM

You know there might be a chance your car will not be ready by the time you leave that night mate... may have to finish some stuff off the next day!!!!!

Winnie
23rd March 2013, 09:40 PM
Even if you leave your car at Andy's I'm sure somebody could run you home

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2013, 09:41 PM
Nah he will come in the MAGMA!!!!!

dads tractor
23rd March 2013, 10:31 PM
I'd love to but having my sons birthday party the 7th Might have a few big kids with the sons Birthday .

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 10:42 PM

Bet he'll have a ball running a muck in some slosh !! Lol

healy
23rd March 2013, 10:46 PM
Bet he'll have a ball running a muck in some slosh !! Lol

he has been asking to go out for his birthday but family etc are all booked in for the day now it was originally for the 6th lol

nissannewby
23rd March 2013, 10:46 PM
You know there might be a chance your car will not be ready by the time you leave that night mate... may have to finish some stuff off the next day!!!!!

With me there BA I am use to pulling all nighters for work so there is a good chance it will be done. The gearbox parts there is no point double handling and this should be done while the clutch is out as with the rear main. I will be unable to help for this point. I am also unsure but I know with the TD42's you disturb the sump gasket to do the rear main so this may have to be changed. If I were to drive down I have heaps of oil. Seal kits I will get prices for but generally I can keep these under the 200 mark. I have grease, cleaners etc. This would be grand if it was in QLD as I near have a shed full of gear to do this.

I will be pulling out all stops for this weekend. Regardless of who has trades in what I dont care. But I can Weld, do auto electrics (and trust me the shit I work on is far more complicated than a patrol, the gear has 6 ECU's) and the mechanical side of it I promise I will do my best for this weekend.

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 10:51 PM
he has been asking to go out for his birthday but family etc are all booked in for the day now it was originally for the 6th lol

He'll just have to wait 1 more week then lol but the clutch will need settling in for 1000km's of normal stop start driving like in traffic and going to the shops driven easily without extreme load on it

healy
23rd March 2013, 10:52 PM
highly doubt i could rack those ks up before the trip but ill give it ago

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 10:57 PM
highly doubt i could rack those ks up before the trip but ill give it ago

Just putting around the easy tracks taking it EASY will be the same, just means you can't go balls out when you see a bog hole lol and you will have to go around!!

healy
23rd March 2013, 10:58 PM
Just putting around the easy tracks taking it EASY will be the same, just means you can't go balls out when you see a bog hole lol and you will have to go around!!

ill just have to get the ks up lol

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 11:00 PM
With me there BA I am use to pulling all nighters for work so there is a good chance it will be done. The gearbox parts there is no point double handling and this should be done while the clutch is out as with the rear main. I will be unable to help for this point. I am also unsure but I know with the TD42's you disturb the sump gasket to do the rear main so this may have to be changed. If I were to drive down I have heaps of oil. Seal kits I will get prices for but generally I can keep these under the 200 mark. I have grease, cleaners etc. This would be grand if it was in QLD as I near have a shed full of gear to do this.

I will be pulling out all stops for this weekend. Regardless of who has trades in what I dont care. But I can Weld, do auto electrics (and trust me the shit I work on is far more complicated than a patrol, the gear has 6 ECU's) and the mechanical side of it I promise I will do my best for this weekend.

Mate you won't be the only one working, there are some minor electrical and pretty much fiddly things that take time and having 10 blokes around the car working on it at the same time is not safe!!

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 11:03 PM
ill just have to get the ks up lol

Doing 1000 k's on the freeway doesn't count lol the clutch needs to be used correctly, unless your a taxi then i'd say you've got a chance haha

Winnie
24th March 2013, 06:40 AM
Love your work Newby!

nissannewby
24th March 2013, 08:09 AM
I must apologise for my small rant on here last night I had a few. I hope I didn't offend anyone and I'm looking forward to being able to do all I can to help even if its standing back offering advice, getting drinks etc etc.

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 08:36 AM
I must apologise for my small rant on here last night I had a few. I hope I didn't offend anyone and I'm looking forward to being able to do all I can to help even if its standing back offering advice, getting drinks etc etc.

No probs Mat, your assigned "parts washing" duty ;)

jack
24th March 2013, 09:05 AM
I must apologise for my small rant on here last night I had a few.

What rant mate? I (and I'm sure all members) have enjoyed all your previous posts, they are always informative and helpfull. Looking forwards to catching up.

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2013, 09:36 AM
No probs Mat, your assigned "parts washing" duty ;)

I will assign you to cleaning my car!!!

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 10:05 AM
I will assign you to cleaning my car!!!

No probs Jonathan!! I'm a pro!

Here is some of my handy work! Thinking of starting my own detailing business!!

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2013, 07:42 PM
Farrk I am pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Healy worked my arse off today with Irish's help then had Healy turn up with a heap of parts needed and a slab........... drunk as a skunk!!!!!

healy
24th March 2013, 07:59 PM
Farrk I am pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Healy worked my arse off today with Irish's help then had Healy turn up with a heap of parts needed and a slab........... drunk as a skunk!!!!!

So my job is done

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2013, 08:11 PM
So my job is done

So is mine... think I might go out 4wding in a 3lt GU????

I am more pissed than I have been in a bloody long time.... I think it was me and Petes trip to Rubicon, I threw up the next morning!!!! good trip!!!

My little man is buggered to, had a ball playing!!!

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 08:33 PM
think I might go out 4wding in a 3lt GU????
!

You can take it to the RMIT's footy ground and fling donuts in 4H....... We gota change it anyway!!!

NP99
24th March 2013, 08:53 PM
No probs Jonathan!! I'm a pro!

Here is some of my handy work! Thinking of starting my own detailing business!!

What is your hourly rate? :)

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:00 PM
What is your hourly rate? :)

Oh i want to say something FFS ............. Family friendly

healy
24th March 2013, 09:06 PM
I'm a half cut turkey myself and thanks again to al involved I don't know what to say than thank you and hit it hard on the tracks and johno is a girls skirt

healy
24th March 2013, 09:06 PM
You can take it to the RMIT's footy ground and fling donuts in 4H....... We gota change it anyway!!!

Johno can't handle a GU

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:10 PM
Johno can't handle a GU

There not for the faint hearted lol might have to show him how its done then!!!!

Lonicus
25th March 2013, 12:15 PM
I want something in return....PICS!!!!!!!!!!! :)

PMC
25th March 2013, 12:50 PM
Good on ya Healy, take care of your family mate and your family here will take care of you.

Well done NP.com.au

Well said MudRunner,

I concur with Darren 100%

PS, i am looking forward to being part of this great Nissan Patrol back-yard mechanics team! Especially with helping one of our own in need!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

PMC
25th March 2013, 01:24 PM

G'day MudRunner,

I will personally fit them for Healy!

PS, gees you are a great bloke Mego. lol

Regards,

RLI

Winnie
25th March 2013, 01:43 PM
Are you coming down too mate?

mudski
26th March 2013, 06:13 PM
I am blown away by all the help and input thats going on here to help out a fellow member. Most have never even met the guy and they are chipping in. I can't even imagine how you feel Healy about whats going on right now, and the best bit? It's all for you. Its gonna be a good weekend...

krbrooking
26th March 2013, 07:34 PM
Anytime Healy. Good things happen to deserving people mate. cant wait to see you on the 6th.

healy
26th March 2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah it's exciting and truly greatfull for what's going on big thanks again to all involved

MEGOMONSTER
26th March 2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah it's exciting and truly greatfull for what's going on big thanks again to all involved

Don't be so modest, get the baton out, start breaking heads if anyone gets outta line. 27445
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................

PMC
27th March 2013, 01:12 PM
G'day Healy,

Mate, who did you purchase the Patrol from if you do not mind me asking ie; private sale or from a car-yard. How long have you owned the vehicle? I am curious to see what legal rights that you still be entitled too!

PS, one of my previous businesses was para-legal/investigations!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

mudski
27th March 2013, 05:09 PM
^^^^^^^
Eh! Eh! Get on to it. Name and shame for a public stoning!!!

MEGOMONSTER
1st April 2013, 12:18 PM
Could you imagine thousands of Patrol members rockin up to doosh bag's joint.
I don't think he'll open the door.