PDA

View Full Version : Taking a Break

nissannewby
22nd March 2013, 11:02 PM
I have come to the conclusion that this is probably the more diplomatic way to go. I am going to take a break from here for a while.

Reason being is there have been a few things that have really gotten on my nervs lately and rather than lose my shit and get banned I will walk away. At this point its only a break so hopefully it all cools down and all will end well.

To those out there a tip, read the posts before commenting, comment on something if you know the facts or know where to find the info- dont post what you think you know, and stick to your word- dont condemn something one week but then be its biggest fan the next (people remember this shit)

Cheers to all the great guys (it goes without saying) Ill try for a month.

All the best and keep up the work.

Bloodyaussie
22nd March 2013, 11:06 PM
No mate..... ban everyone else instead!!!!!! I will be the first to go..!!

Mate I hold you in very high regard and know sometimes it is hard to take the high ground and be the bigger man, you have my support mate.

Clunk
22nd March 2013, 11:08 PM
I have come to the conclusion that this is probably the more diplomatic way to go. I am going to take a break from here for a while.

Reason being is there have been a few things that have really gotten on my nervs lately and rather than lose my shit and get banned I will walk away. At this point its only a break so hopefully it all cools down and all will end well.

To those out there a tip, read the posts before commenting, comment on something if you know the facts or know where to find the info- dont post what you think you know, and stick to your word- dont condemn something one week but then be its biggest fan the next (people remember this shit)

I here ya there..... don't stay on a break for too long

What you tapin at!!!!!????

NP99
22nd March 2013, 11:16 PM
Mate
We live 30 min apart, if ya ever feel like a beer!
Cheers

Alitis007
22nd March 2013, 11:21 PM

Thats not good at all mate hope you cool down soon! From what little we have chatted it shows your a smart bloke and the members that are around you speak highly of you with alot of respect on various post. It would be a great shame to loose someone with your experience over something trivial such as a comment that someone has made!

Personally i would pull them up on it if i knew better not fir anything just that most people believe what have been told is correct and don't know any better, thats what make this forum such a great place. Just about everyone is honest and gives the facts that are needed to answer the question without beating around the bush too much. But you cant help if people make assumptions thats just how it is.

You take care mate and hope i get a chance to meet you when you come down to Melb in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Dhuck
22nd March 2013, 11:22 PM

Mate I know where your coming from. I have been keeping an eye on the forums but have not posted for a couple of months until the other day for the same reason. Take a break but keep on visiting to keep up to date with the Qld group and outings. See you soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AB
22nd March 2013, 11:26 PM
To be honest blokes I have no idea what is going on or what has caused this?

If there is something that I can do then please let me know as both of you are friends and knowledgable members that we respect so can one of you please PM me with the issue?

macca86
22nd March 2013, 11:27 PM
Mate I know where your coming from. I have been keeping an eye on the forums but have not posted for a couple of months until the other day for the same reason. Take a break but keep on visiting to keep up to date with the Qld group and outings. See you soon.

I just thought you'd had run out of useful things to say dhuck haha unusual for you to not make noise

Dhuck
22nd March 2013, 11:30 PM
I just thought you'd had run out of useful things to say dhuck haha unusual for you to not make noise

No mate I had a thread named something similar to this one but did not go into anything

macca86
22nd March 2013, 11:33 PM
Bugger mate hope all is well. Haven't seen any of you blokes for ages since my rig broke now I'm almost right to play again I'm due a service have te parts to do just not the time. I also need glow plugs been hard to cold start for 2 weeks then I can play again after April have birthdays booked all over that month.

AB
22nd March 2013, 11:53 PM
Don't vent to me, it's bad enough we have to sit beside each other heading to Mexico (Victoria)! lol

Hear ya loud and clear mate, and fully support your right to make the decision. You're a wealth of knowledge and knowing you personally, a bloody good lad .. need to learn to drive a fourbie, but a bloody good lad none the less!!

Chat to you over the weekend and we'll work out the flights etc - in the meantime, you can provide me all the right information to post up here for the things you normally respond to, and I'll take the kudos for a month!!! lmao

I know it'd be something serious to get a guy like you offside mate.

Scotty (Bigrig)

Great Southern Camping
www.gscoffroad.com.au

I wouldn't worry about the plane flight boys, check out the beds I have ready for you when you arrive....LMAO

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/03/133.jpg

macca86
22nd March 2013, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't worry about the plane flight boys, check out the beds I have ready for you when you arrive....LMAO

That's a shared room I hope we are not use to those luxurys up here

MudRunnerTD
22nd March 2013, 11:57 PM

Bloody Hell Mat!!

Here I was been thinking for a few days that NissanNewby probably needs a Name Upgrade? Something like "nissannewbybutknowsabit" or "daman" or "notreallyanewby" and hear you are taking a break!!

Damn!!

Mat, I have the highest respect for you mate, I really do understand what your saying and think I even know some of the stuff your over, shrug it off mate, keep it real and keep the forum accountable mate. Your contribution to this place is First Class mate. 2730 posts in 12 months is a testament to you mate, of the highest calibre. Always interested in what you write here bud. It would be such a shame for us to miss out on your knowledge base long term.

Happy to have a chat in private and really hope your still coming to Melbourne? Can't wait to have a brew bud.

Pm me mate and happy to chat often.

As a Moderator here I have to try my best to keep it real but keep everyone happy too. The membership here is also generally very good at self moderating and I often see members pull other members into line with respect.

Goes for everyone, there is a "report post" button in every post. fYI, if you press that then each of the Mods will receive an email advising of the posts, the thread that your concerned about and you have an opportunity to give a paragraph comment about your concern about the post. Use it people!

Mat don't go too far bud, you'd be missed here. Come down to Vic for a beer and let's chat about a name change

Cheers Darren

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 12:01 AM

Where on earth do you find the most random pics from mate!!! Lol

Sorry for the hijack lol

Clunk
23rd March 2013, 12:06 AM
Where on earth do you find the most random pics from mate!!! Lol

Sorry for the hijack lol

That's not random mate..... That's actually AB in his clown shorts!!!!

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

nissannewby
23rd March 2013, 12:26 AM
It cant be AB those shorts are too long!!

04OFF
23rd March 2013, 12:53 AM
I have no idea whats gone on newby, but i am a true believer, it takes a bigger man to be able to just swallow ones pride, and walk away from a conflict, rather than to brew up some sort of keyboard war, some of us do know how hard it is to do this sort of walking , so for this, you have my understanding and respect.

Not that you didnt have my respect already mate, you have proved to be amogst the most generous and helpful people ive met on this forum.

At this point id launch in with stuff about you not quitting the forum etc, but as i see Scotty has seen this thread, i know 100%, there is no F*%$!ng way he will ever let that happen, so i dont need to say anything else :clapping:

Stropp
23rd March 2013, 01:01 AM
Newby, I have nfi what's happened but from what I see on here mate you are always helpfull and have great knowledge that you don't mind sharing, don't go too far mate and hope to catch up one day. Cheers Stropp

megatexture
23rd March 2013, 01:24 AM
Not good to hear mate ! Hope it all sorts itself out soon! And I agree with others have a Word with the mods hopefully it can get sorted sooner than later.

Woof
23rd March 2013, 01:47 AM
Hey Matt, please don't hesitate to PM me if you want to mate.
Not good to see a valued member here be forced to take this step..

Winnie
23rd March 2013, 07:46 AM
Hi Mat. Like the rest of the guys here I have the highest respect for you. An absolute wealth of knowledge and you've helped me so much with information and advice on my new car. Can't wait to meet you (and to a lesser extent, Scotty.) at ABs in a couple of weeks!

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Maxhead
23rd March 2013, 08:01 AM
I know where you're coming from Matty, its sad to see this kind of crap going on here bit wish you a happy holiday and we'll talk soon no doubt. At AB's I hope, take it easy mate

taslucas
23rd March 2013, 08:51 AM
As said by everyone above mate, don't go as you'll be missed. Also don't Iet things wind you up, share a pm to lighten the load.

Pm sent to you.....

FanTapstic!

Sir Roofy
23rd March 2013, 08:59 AM
Better than the bed you offered up for me last time!!! lmao

Matty and I will make do mate - just clear out those enormous hybrid redbacks that were there!! Big enough to carry me off into the night!! lol

Scotty (Bigrig)

Great Southern Camping
www.gscoffroad.com.au

they have multiplied mate,big hairy buggers ,ab has run out of ammo and just gave up

threedogs
23rd March 2013, 09:02 AM
look forward to your return, your imput is valuable here,

Bob
23rd March 2013, 09:06 AM
Jeez Matt too many good people have left here.
Hope you can see your way to come back
Regards
Bob

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2013, 09:30 AM
they have multiplied mate,big hairy buggers ,ab has run out of ammo and just gave up

Did you see it too Roof!! Damn! It was wearing an Akubra and everything! Cheeky bugger must have hitched a ride to woods point last time! Pulled up a bloody chair at the fire!!!

Hang on? Maybe I got that wrong!

Sir Roofy
23rd March 2013, 09:50 AM
did you see it too roof!! Damn! It was wearing an akubra and everything! Cheeky bugger must have hitched a ride to woods point last time! Pulled up a bloody chair at the fire!!!

Hang on? Maybe i got that wrong!

yeah mate i saw him,didnt have much to say
but had a great time

BigRAWesty
23rd March 2013, 10:00 AM
X2 on what everyone has said. Your input is invaluable to us newbies and I hope the brake isn't to long.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Yendor
23rd March 2013, 12:09 PM
Sorry to read your post Matty,

It would be a real shame if this was to keep you away from the forum.

I do understand where you are coming from and the need for a short break.

boots
23rd March 2013, 02:54 PM
No good to read your initial post newby . I value your input here and its men like you that make this forum a great place. I hope to see your post count increase soon .

Cuppa
23rd March 2013, 03:59 PM
If your actions are for reasons I think they might be, I respect your decision & think it the decision of a gentleman, putting the forum community before the personal........but don't stay away too long, just long enough for a few deep breaths eh?

Cuppa

fracster
23rd March 2013, 10:41 PM
This is a forum mate, people "say" things on the internet,that they would not say face to face or the written word can be easily misunderstood in how it is meant.

There are two particular threads running on here that far out weigh any silliness going on in others.

You are obviously a clued up bloke and your input would be sadly missed by the majority.

Now ,I don`t know what has gone, nor where things went astray, but those two threads on their own should make people have a think about situations that really are not that important.

Hope you stick around bud, your choice though.

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2013, 10:44 PM
This is a forum mate, people "say" things on the internet,that they would not say face to face or the written word can be easily misunderstood in how it is meant.

There are two particular threads running on here that far out weigh any silliness going on in others.

You are obviously a clued up bloke and your input would be sadly missed by the majority.

Now ,I don`t know what has gone, nor where things went astray, but those two threads on their own should make people have a think about situations that really are not that important.

Hope you stick around bud, your choice though.

He couldn't leave mate he would miss me way too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fracster
23rd March 2013, 10:45 PM

That makes him very much one of a kind then BA.................:p

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2013, 10:49 PM
Yeah he is one of a kind thats why so many would be upset if he were not here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! back at ya!!

Clunk
23rd March 2013, 10:49 PM

He'd be the only one!!!! ;);)

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2013, 10:53 PM
He'd be the only one!!!! ;);)

Thats a long way to go to punch you in the neck??????

Meh... could have a little holiday while I am over there.....

Woof
23rd March 2013, 11:49 PM

Hey BA, PM me Clunky's punch in the neck (it will save you the trip) and I will gladly forward it on to him next time I see him mate...........with interest....LOL

Clunk
23rd March 2013, 11:55 PM

Nothing like killing 2 birds with one punch mate....... welcome over any time

What you tapin at!!!!!????

gaddy
24th March 2013, 02:30 PM
I have never meet you or anybody else on here , but I have always looked at anything that you gave advise on ,as it was well explained and always usefull to put in the memory banks , as it seems to come from experience and knowledge .

Gaddy

nissannewby
1st April 2013, 12:26 PM
Hey all.

I'm done. I have been thinking about this for a while. I'm leaving. This is a great forum and its just that a forum. A lot of things have been getting to me and before anyone says it I know I should just try and ignore it but I need to focus on other things. Thanks to all on here who have been absolutely awesome and to the mods you guys are the best and sometimes don't get the credit you guys deserve. The mods certainly make this place what is.

Cheers guys and good luck with everything.
Nissannewby

Maxhead
1st April 2013, 12:31 PM
Hey Matty, not going to try and twist your arm mate. Obviously you have your reasons and so be it!
Hope you can still make it next week to Andy's mate??!!

Bob
1st April 2013, 12:39 PM
Thanks for your Past Input Mate and maybe someday you will see your way to participate again in the meantime all the Best

MEGOMONSTER
1st April 2013, 12:47 PM
Sorry to hear you leaving, I hope it's not because you bought a cruiser. Nahhh I don't think that would happen.
Hope you pop in every now and then.

NP99
1st April 2013, 12:54 PM
Hey all.

I'm done. I have been thinking about this for a while. I'm leaving. This is a great forum and its just that a forum. A lot of things have been getting to me and before anyone says it I know I should just try and ignore it but I need to focus on other things. Thanks to all on here who have been absolutely awesome and to the mods you guys are the best and sometimes don't get the credit you guys deserve. The mods certainly make this place what is.

Cheers guys and good luck with everything.
Nissannewby

I understand, wish you the best of luck and hope you decide to return in the near future.

Alitis007
1st April 2013, 01:00 PM
Hey mate sad to hear that coz your input will be surely missed! I'm sure when you sort out your offline issues you will grace us with your valuable knowledge once again.

Thanks Mat and all the best!!

Cheers George

NissanGQ4.2
1st April 2013, 01:01 PM
All the best Matty.

Hope you make it down for the Tough Truck Challenge, would be great to meet up with you if you do.

Cheers

Todd

P.S: :( face

MC97GQ
1st April 2013, 02:00 PM
Matt,

As you posted just before midday I really hope you are going to jump on this arvo and say April Fools,

Mate I don't know you, but I have read your informative posts, I have also seen how you regularly put your hand up to help out a forum member in need. THIS MAKES YOU A VERY VALUABLE COMMODITY IN THIS COMMUNITY!.

Sure take a break, get your stuff together, I realize there are greater priorities in life than just this forum, but please come back.

You will be missed by people such as me, Please take care and hopefully we'll see you back here soon.

Regards and Thanks

Mark

taslucas
1st April 2013, 02:34 PM
Hey mate, all the best with everything in the future. You'll be missed around here.
Having said that though I'm just wondering: does it have to be a case of "all or nothing"?
Please don't take this the wrong way but is you leaving a bit like taking you bat and ball and heading home?
Come on mate, stay:-)
The more cool and knowledgable people about here (such as yourself) then the less us clowns stand out!! We need you buddy!!

Lol

FanTapstic!

macca
1st April 2013, 02:37 PM
All the best Matty.

Hope you make it down for the Tough Truck Challenge, would be great to meet up with you if you do.

Cheers

Todd

P.S: :( face

Be good to see you Matt, I will be camping with Todd if all goes to plan.

Macca

Bloodyaussie
1st April 2013, 04:07 PM
Well to say I am pist off and disappointed is an understatement.... If this is because of other members then I say (as my wife does) you are the bigger man.. dont let them get to you!!

Ignore the crap and go with the good, you are a good man and I would hate for us good members (I hope I am one) to lose you while the others stay.

There are members on here I like but rarely share any threads with but when I meet up enjoy there company, then there are the ones that give me the shits and I just choose not to get drawn into crap with them and if they follow me around the forum I just ignore there posts and stick with the facts.

If your reasons go beyond here and are life issues then so be it but if it is because of certain members then I say stay as you will run into these people all your life and you need to learn how to deal with them or tune them out all together.

I just dont feel the good should lose out on your knowledge your good will and your humor..... stay mate!!!!

growler2058
1st April 2013, 06:43 PM
Take it easy man..................they all come back bwahahahahahahahaha

MEGOMONSTER
1st April 2013, 06:51 PM
...............they all come back

I really hope so, I haven't even met him yet but know he's a good guy. I know his old man is.