PDA

View Full Version : Member on hard times parts list

Pages : [1] 2

Alitis007
22nd March 2013, 09:54 PM
Just making a list of the parts we will need and would like to have for our Member on hard times thread. Theres going to be a wish list or goodies list and a need list that i will be updating as we go along.

PLEASE ONLY POST HERE IF YOU HAVE PARTS THAT YOU WILL LIKE TO DONATE OR THAT YOU THINK WILL BE A GOOD IDEA FOR THE GOODIES LIST!!

The car is an 01 GU ZD30 ( Built date 6/2000)

WHAT IS NEEDED
GEARBOX / synchromesh kit (4th gear ) - INSTALLED
Clutch kit - INSTALLED
Rear main seal OEM - INSTALLED
Rear diff - donated by 4WD Obsession
Recovery points - donated by Threedogs
Battery - donated by Mudski
Oils : Front diff 80w90 up to 5.4 liters -
Rear diff 140w ( or 85w140) up to 4.7 liters -
Transfer case TX12A ( 75w90) 1.9 liters - INSTALLED
Gear box TX12A (75w90 ) 3.5 liters - INSTALLED
2 X Swivel hub kits and bearings ( bearings felt good but need to look for pitting and metal filings ) - 4WD Obsession
Rear stabilizer bar link rods, long and short ( 2" lift) -
Rags, rags, RAGS!!!! And paper towel - Healy, BA
HTB / High Temp Bearing grease -
Brake fluid ( DOT 4) - 2 X 500ml -Plasnart
CV / Constant velocity grease -
Cable ties, heatshrink, tape and bullet crimp connectors - Winnie
200 odd adhesive backed cable tie mounts, 2000 cable ties and 30m each of 2 sizes of split conduit - Drewboyaus
Climate control with cables - received

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Jack stands - MR 1 set
Trolley jacks - MR 2 x 2000kgs jacks
Wheel chock's -
Safety glasses - MR has Heaps
Gloves ?? Leather and silicon / rubber - MR will bring a box of Nitriles (100)
Hand cleaner ( Good stuff/ Jiff works too) - Alitis007 (i can get some for free but won't be to AB's till late)

WISH / GOODIES LIST
To be revealed - Westy's accessories
Rear work light with mounting stand -
Rock sliders (the ally side steps look fantastic ATM) -
Wheel arch flares and rear bar with moulded flares (sorry mate it looks anorexic lol) -
Spotlights ( who was showing them off the other day ????) -

Tools

Like i said i will add more to this list daily!
Thank you for all your help and support!!
And a big thank you to Bloodyaussie / Jonathan for organizing this special event!!

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2013, 05:25 PM
For front end rebuild,

Swivel hub kit and wheel bearings
Rags! We need rags!
Paper towel would be great too!
Diff oil
What are the brake pads like?
CV grease
Wheel bearing grease
Brake fluid
RAGS!

healy
23rd March 2013, 06:25 PM
front left hub seal was done 2weeks ago front and rear diffs were re oil in the last two weeks as i dont know what you guys have got planned but i do have nulon oils left over as rear diff is 4.7ltrs front is 5.3ltrs from memory. ive got 3.1ltrs of front diff oil and 1.7ltrs lsd i have a big bag of rags

Bloodyaussie
23rd March 2013, 06:34 PM
That is the hub that is leaking again mate.........

George and I are buggered... err well I am anyway and we gave the car a good going over.

The big bugger of a set back as far as stretching our dollar is 4th gear syncro is stuffed and we are looking at options, Andy is looking into some options but if someone has a gear box lying around on there front lawn........ eerr?????

I am told that the 4.2 petrol is different to the zd30 gearbox?????

George will post up some of the other things needed later..

NissanGQ4.2
23rd March 2013, 08:23 PM
Sooooooo many rags will be needed. I've done swivel hubs before so could be of some help there.

Sorry didn't realise what thread this was in can a mod please delete as I'm on tappa
If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

Maybe I've had one 2 many beers, you sure you want it deleted looks related 2 me winnie poo bear

Dominator
23rd March 2013, 08:37 PM
I have got 4.5L of LSD oil I am happy to donate but unfortunately I am up in QLD. Also I have found using newspaper is a great substitute for rags when doing swivel hub kits. (Used to replace cv's after every trip in my old sierra) :)

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 09:56 PM
front left hub seal was done 2weeks ago front and rear diffs were re oil in the last two weeks as i dont know what you guys have got planned but i do have nulon oils left over as rear diff is 4.7ltrs front is 5.3ltrs from memory. ive got 3.1ltrs of front diff oil and 1.7ltrs lsd i have a big bag of rags

Did you do the seal on the actual swivel hub or was it the seal for the wheel bearing hub that goes onto the stub axle ???

healy
23rd March 2013, 10:02 PM
Did you do the seal on the actual swivel hub or was it the seal for the wheel bearing hub that goes onto the stub axle ???

mechanic did swivel hub i think is it leaking or just looking at rim as i havnt got around to cleaning you would know more than me with that stuff

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2013, 10:08 PM
mechanic did swivel hub i think is it leaking or just looking at rim as i havnt got around to cleaning you would know more than me with that stuff

Hey Healy, can you confirm that both sides were done and a full swivel hub and King Pin bearing kit was put on the car?? Very important. If its fresh and leaking then we might get away with just inner axle seals??

Can you have a look at the paperwork or give the bloke a call and confirm exactly what he did and what he fitted please

healy
23rd March 2013, 10:15 PM
Hey Healy, can you confirm that both sides were done and a full swivel hub and King Pin bearing kit was put on the car?? Very important. If its fresh and leaking then we might get away with just inner axle seals??

Can you have a look at the paperwork or give the bloke a call and confirm exactly what he did and what he fitted please

just front left was done swivel hub

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 10:21 PM
just front left was done swivel hub

He was either rough or just didn't do the outer seals coz there leaking mate! Rear diff oil will need to be drained coz the center will be removed.

Now i'm waiting for BA to show us the pic of all the metal filings in the gear box oil, the transfer case oil was as black as the ace of spades mate !!

healy
23rd March 2013, 10:22 PM
He was either rough or just didn't do the outer seals coz there leaking mate! Rear diff oil will need to be drained coz the center will be removed.

Now i'm waiting for BA to show us the pic of all the metal filings in the gear box oil, the transfer case oil was as black as the ace of spades mate !!

should have seen the diffs

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2013, 10:24 PM

Hey George, if its leaking then it will be the inner axle seal that is leaking and everything else may be brand new. Easy to wreck that seal putting in the axle and then all the good work is for naught. Maybe we need a swivel hub kit for one side only but it will likely be cheaper to buy a kit for both sides and have some spares.

mudski
23rd March 2013, 10:27 PM
Maybe we should get this for parts.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-2001-GU-/151016739365?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23294c9225

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 10:33 PM
Hey George, if its leaking then it will be the inner axle seal that is leaking and everything else may be brand new. Easy to wreck that seal putting in the axle and then all the good work is for naught. Maybe we need a swivel hub kit for one side only but it will likely be cheaper to buy a kit for both sides and have some spares.

A kit for both will be a lot better Darren so the car isn't left stranded needing parts on the 6th. By outer seals i mean the ones on the back of the swivel hub facing the center, they where very wet almost dripping!!

Biggest problem is we are working after hours so parts arn't available so we need to have all bases covered otherwise the car will have to sit for a week for the correct parts to be ordered and swapped and i fear we might push this budget to the limit trying to stay safe. Theres a few members pulling strings and calling in favors so lets see what happens!!

5 hectic days to go!!

Alitis007
23rd March 2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-2001-GU-/151016739365?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 23294c9225

The bonnet is worth more then 500!! And its not a bad idea either!!

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2013, 11:10 PM
A kit for both will be a lot better Darren so the car isn't left stranded needing parts on the 6th. By outer seals i mean the ones on the back of the swivel hub facing the center, they where very wet almost dripping!!

Biggest problem is we are working after hours so parts arn't available so we need to have all bases covered otherwise the car will have to sit for a week for the correct parts to be ordered and swapped and i fear we might push this budget to the limit trying to stay safe. Theres a few members pulling strings and calling in favors so lets see what happens!!

5 hectic days to go!!

Yep those seals are only scraper seals. The swivel hub is supposed to be dry and there is only grease in there and it will not run, but those seals being almost a dust seal will not stop the diff oil dripping out if the inner axle seal is leaking diff oil into the swivel hub. The inner axle seal is the only seal holding fluid. The inner axle seal is often damaged on the left side (long side) when refitting the long axle.

Grab a full kit mate and we will just do it anyway. That diff oil will have washed out the grease anyway, good onya mate.

healy
23rd March 2013, 11:32 PM
What ratio is the diff centre from niss I've got 4.3 crown and pinion in the garage which is the ratio of the car

mudski
23rd March 2013, 11:39 PM
4.3's will be in that truck mate.

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2013, 11:42 PM
What ratio is the diff centre from niss I've got 4.3 crown and pinion in the garage which is the ratio of the car

Is it out of the front or the back? Is it still all together as it was taken out of a car? Where did you get it? If its a back then it will have an LSD in it which is what Nissannewby is going to cart down on the plane.

healy
24th March 2013, 12:00 AM
Yeah my car is 4.3s I've got another set crown and pinion front & rear in garage from the old GQ so was saying if newbys are different ratio I can bring them (rear) if needed

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 12:19 AM
No worries I think it was the LSD that was knackered so Newby will bring his down.

NissanGQ4.2
24th March 2013, 06:42 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL-2001-GU-/151016739365?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23294c9225

Don't think so, try more like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL/140939618733

And I would not buy from that ebayer anyway, I reckon he is a scammer

NP99
24th March 2013, 07:15 AM
I'm sure you have it covered, but just in case
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GU-Y61-Y61-Swivel-Hub-Wheel-Bearing-Kit-/370771405024?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5653b2a8e0&_uhb=1#ht_1972wt_982

For the complete bearing kit

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah my car is 4.3s I've got another set crown and pinion front & rear in garage from the old GQ so was saying if newbys are different ratio I can bring them (rear) if needed

Bring them so we can see which one has the least amount of wear!

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2013, 09:07 AM
The bearings look to be in very good condition.. Drewboyaus is waiting for his mate at ARB to get back to him about these items and a few other things????

If not I was going to scoot up to RooDogs and just get a seal kit from there??

Still the big problem is the gearbox... everything else we have the means and the talent but to not be spending half our budget just on a gearbox is proving to be hard, Andy is looking into an option tomorrow to see $$$$$

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:11 AM
Yep those seals are only scraper seals. The swivel hub is supposed to be dry and there is only grease in there and it will not run, but those seals being almost a dust seal will not stop the diff oil dripping out if the inner axle seal is leaking diff oil into the swivel hub. The inner axle seal is the only seal holding fluid. The inner axle seal is often damaged on the left side (long side) when refitting the long axle.

Grab a full kit mate and we will just do it anyway. That diff oil will have washed out the grease anyway, good onya mate.

I haven't done them since i was an apprentice so i'm a bit vague, i'll do at crash course on yours mate!! Lol

See what we can scrape together and worst case if we buy too many parts we could return them or exchange for other stuff, yeh?

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 09:11 AM
I can email Garry at Nizzbits for a price on the seal kit if you like, I am chatting with him about inner seals for my GU diffs for next weekend and could add to the order.

Can we get a second hand gearbox from somewhere?? Got to be better than the one in it??

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:13 AM
The bearings look to be in very good condition.. Drewboyaus is waiting for his mate at ARB to get back to him about these items and a few other things????

Still the big problem is the gearbox... everything else we have the means and the talent but to not be spending half our budget just on a gearbox is proving to be hard, Andy is looking into an option tomorrow to see $$$$$

Don't order anything on Monday , we may have more options by then!!

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:15 AM
I can email Garry at Nizzbits for a price on the seal kit if you like, I am chatting with him about inner seals for my GU diffs for next weekend and could add to the order.

Can we get a second hand gearbox from somewhere?? Got to be better than the one in it??

I'm gona hit up a Nissan dealer for the Rear main, they give me a better price on parts for my truck and my bro's skyline so see what i can do!! Plus 20 years of buying parts thru them helps also lol

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:18 AM

Healy said they where done but we don't know the quality or if theres any metal fillings but better we get some and return if need be or keep as spares but i'd prefer to have quality Timkin bearings or another good japanese brand

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 09:19 AM
I'm gona hit up a Nissan dealer for the Rear main, they give me a better price on parts for my truck and my bro's skyline so see what i can do!! Plus 20 years of buying parts thru them helps also lol

Hey mate can you get a price while your there for 2 front inner axle seals and 2 rear inner axle seals for my GU diffs mate?

Nizzbits quoted $22 each for the fronts & $18 each for the rears all Genuine Nissan.

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:22 AM
Hey mate can you get a price while your there for 2 front inner axle seals and 2 rear inner axle seals for my GU diffs mate?

Nizzbits quoted $22 each for the fronts & $18 each for the rears all Genuine Nissan.

You said your diffs are off a 4.5 yeh?? I'll tell them its for my truck lol

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 09:24 AM
You said your diffs are off a 4.5 yeh?? I'll tell them its for my truck lol

Cheers mate, I believe all GQ and all model GU run the same inner axle seals front and back, sounds like a plan mate. Nizzbits was $7 postage too and could bag them for me on Monday. Let me know how you go mate.

Thanks for your effort George.

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:28 AM
I'm adding to the list of parts Safety equipment!! Let me know if i have missed something

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 09:30 AM
Rags.

;)

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2013, 09:34 AM
I will get the rags.......!!!

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 09:35 AM
Just making a list of the parts we will need and would like to have for our Member on hard times thread. Theres going to be a wish list or goodies list and a need list that i will be updating as we go along.

PLEASE ONLY POST HERE IF YOU HAVE PARTS THAT YOU WILL LIKE TO DONATE OR THAT YOU THINK WILL BE A GOOD IDEA FOR THE GOODIES LIST!!

WHAT IS NEEDED
GEARBOX / synchromesh kit (4th gear ) -
Clutch kit - ordered
Rear main seal OEM -
Rear diff - donated by Nissannewby
Transfer case TX12A ( 75w90) 1.9 liters -
Gear box TX12A (75w90 ) 3.5 liters -
2 X Swivel hub kits and bearings ( bearings felt good but need to look for pitting and metal filings ) -
Rags, rags, RAGS!!!! And paper towel - Healy

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Jack stands - MR 1 set
Wheel chock's -

WISH / GOODIES LIST
Wheel arch flares and rear bar with moulded flares (sorry mate it looks anorexic lol) -

Tools

And a big thank you to Bloodyaussie / Jonathan for organizing this special event!!

From the front page for interest

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:37 AM
I will get the rags.......!!!

Time of the month for you and Daz?? Lol i'm hijacking my own thread lol. STAY ON TOPIC!!

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:38 AM
Rags.

;)

MORE!??? Lol

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:42 AM
From the front page for interest

Took a minute to jerry what was going on but thanks for adding Daz!!

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 09:46 AM

WHAT IS NEEDED
Clutch kit - ordered
Rear main seal OEM -
2 X Swivel hub kits and bearings ( bearings felt good but need to look for pitting and metal filings ) -

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Jack stands - MR 1 set
Wheel chock's -
Hand cleaner ( Good stuff/ Jiff works too) - Alitis007 (i can get some for free but won't be to AB's till late)

WISH / GOODIES LIST

Tools

Here is where we are at for the moment!

Drewboyaus
24th March 2013, 10:29 AM
Guys, how much/what electrical work is required?
Need to make sure I have enough corrugated conduit/cable ties/terminals etc.
Switches?
Cheers,
Drew

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 11:36 AM
Guys, how much/what electrical work is required?
Need to make sure I have enough corrugated conduit/cable ties/terminals etc.
Switches?
Cheers,
Drew

Not sure about switches but will need wire, electrical tape, heat shrink, soldiering iron and soldier plus what you got mate! Later on i'll add to the list

Winnie
24th March 2013, 12:02 PM
I can get a pack of electrical tape and a few lengths of heat shrink in different colours. Consider that my contribution. Remember I work at an electrical wholesaler but we don't do 12V stuff, I will donate what I can.

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 12:52 PM
I have converted all my switches to Carling style switches and have a Heap of 12v switches that i am probably going to throw out as i will never use them. I will bring them along and your welcome to what ever is there

Drewboyaus
24th March 2013, 12:54 PM
I've got a bag of 10,000 Heat stabilised cable ties, some split conduit, a few various terminals my soldering iron, solder and some wire but might need more depending on what we need to do.
George (or anyone), are you able to get your hands on some cheap 12V wire (4mm)?

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 01:02 PM
I can get a pack of electrical tape and a few lengths of heat shrink in different colours. Consider that my contribution. Remember I work at an electrical wholesaler but we don't do 12V stuff, I will donate what I can.

Chris wire is wire, cars use 10amp mainly and 15 amp wire generally but i'm not sure if 12v is different to 240v but i do know that the wire used in the house walls is rated 10 amp but is 15 amp wire if that makes sense?? Even tho most power points are 10 amp they under rate. When i go to work on monday i'll look at a spool and post a pic of its specs.

Heat shrink is a hard one but i do know Narva make a small pack with red and black with different gauge heat shrink like .9mm, 2mm, 3.4mm etc etc so sort of pack like that would be fantastic

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 01:04 PM
I've got a bag of 10,000 Heat stabilised cable ties, some split conduit, a few various terminals my soldering iron, solder and some wire but might need more depending on what we need to do.
George (or anyone), are you able to get your hands on some cheap 12V wire (4mm)?

Lets see what Chris has at his work and figure it out on monday night??

Winnie
24th March 2013, 01:04 PM
Sorry George wire is not wire. Automotive cables will be required. Housing wire has much thicker stranding and will not be up to the punisment of corrugated roads and will break.

mudski
24th March 2013, 05:53 PM
Don't think so, try more like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-PATROL/140939618733

And I would not buy from that ebayer anyway, I reckon he is a scammer
Good pickup on that.

mudski
24th March 2013, 05:59 PM
Need bolts too for the lhs recovry point. I cant remember what size is needed. 3/4 by memory about 1.5 inch long. I was going to look at mine but thats useless as all you see is the hex of the bolt. Plus some steel to weld the nuts onto aswell. I just used 25x25 RHS or whatever its called and cut it in half, length ways...

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 06:02 PM
Sorry George wire is not wire. Automotive cables will be required. Housing wire has much thicker stranding and will not be up to the punisment of corrugated roads and will break.

If your taking about oxygen free coper wire used for audio applications then wire is not wire but i'll take your word for it !!

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 06:07 PM
Need bolts too for the lhs recovry point. I cant remember what size is needed. 3/4 by memory about 1.5 inch long. I was going to look at mine but thats useless as all you see is the hex of the bolt. Plus some steel to weld the nuts onto aswell. I just used 25x25 RHS or whatever its called and cut it in half, length ways...

I used your idea and made it more complicated lol
27395 i needed to make spacers in mine

93patrol
24th March 2013, 07:52 PM
There's a zd30 gearbox on eBay in qld for about 400 I can't link it on my phone but maybe you guys can think it over also try some wreckers might've able to pick one up cheap strip them both and make one good one.

Just a thought

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

healy
24th March 2013, 08:02 PM
There's a zd30 gearbox on eBay in qld for about 400 I can't link it on my phone but maybe you guys can think it over also try some wreckers might've able to pick one up cheap strip them both and make one good one.

Just a thought

Not to be rude I am a little under the weather but I really do t think that kind of thing is possible with a gearbox sorry if I'm wrong

93patrol
24th March 2013, 08:13 PM
Or apparently it just changing the bell housing on the tb and td gearbox to suit

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 08:24 PM
Wreckers the best option so at least we get some sort of warranty

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 08:28 PM
Not to be rude I am a little under the weather but I really do t think that kind of thing is possible with a gearbox sorry if I'm wrong

Thats not good at all mate, nothing serious???

You could and i've done it before but man what a pain that was theres alot of small things that are important when you do that sort of slap job. But like i said better and easier with a 2nd handy coz we get a warranty aswell!!!

MudRunnerTD
24th March 2013, 08:28 PM
We really want a gear box ready, to go in when we do the clutch yeah George? Do you deal with many wreckers mate?

Bloodyaussie
24th March 2013, 08:31 PM
Healy is pissed not under the weather!!!!!! as for gear box Andy will be looking into some options first thing Monday morning....... Healy you are a prick...??

93patrol
24th March 2013, 08:39 PM
All good I'm just having a go at helping from the other side of the country :)

Don't worry Healy I'm half cut as well had a massage today and they actually made my back worse than when I went in trying to relax it by drinking. It's doing a good job by the way

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 08:53 PM
We really want a gear box ready, to go in when we do the clutch yeah George? Do you deal with many wreckers mate?

They all cockroaches Daz!! Well most of them! I don't deal with many that have 4wd's theres a good one in williamstown nort/ altona area but CASH IS KING with this bloke but he's got really good stuff. He tried selling me a td42t ute for 10g's lol

Alitis007
24th March 2013, 08:58 PM
Healy is pissed not under the weather!!!!!! as for gear box Andy will be looking into some options first thing Monday morning....... Healy you are a prick...??

Well what can i say...... Lick the "Richard" mate hahaha

Tell him to barter with them like me lol low ball them ruthlessly, they will either play the game or give him "Direction" lol

Winnie
24th March 2013, 09:50 PM
There is a 4WD wrecker down this way I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they have anything?

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 12:29 PM
There is a 4WD wrecker down this way I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they have anything?

Chris do you have anything like this at work??

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/03/142.jpg

Winnie
25th March 2013, 12:32 PM
Nah we don't have any automotive stuff at all.

Ben-e-boy
25th March 2013, 12:39 PM

WHAT IS NEEDED
Clutch kit - ordered
Rear main seal OEM -

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Jack stands - MR 1 set
Wheel chock's -

WISH / GOODIES LIST

Tools

Having a look at this list it seem there is alot of work to be done.

What is the plan of attack? are we going to sit the vehicle on stands and remove everything? there is alot of work for essentially 24 man hours per person.

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 12:49 PM
Nah we don't have any automotive stuff at all.

Ok no dramas mate thanks anyways

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 12:51 PM
Having a look at this list it seem there is alot of work to be done.

What is the plan of attack? are we going to sit the vehicle on stands and remove everything? there is alot of work for essentially 24 man hours per person.

Clutch and gear box will be done in a workshop the rest will be done on the ground, thats why it was mentioned that it will possibly take a good part of sunday to finnish aswell as saturday

mudski
25th March 2013, 07:35 PM
Wire! Someone mention wire. I can get 4mm Narva wire in just about any colour cheap through my second work place. Tip. if you need multiple colours, get 7 pin trailer wire and strip the colours out you need. As that is sold by the metre is can work out better that way. Plus 4mm is ample for nearly anything in a 4by.

who ever is going wrecker hunting see if you can get the air con dial bank. Healy said his is broken so he doesn't have air cond.

Bloodyaussie
25th March 2013, 08:37 PM
Keep forgetting about that Mark???

Will pick up clutch tomorrow thanks Mark, you are a champion!!!

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 08:54 PM
Wire! Someone mention wire. I can get 4mm Narva wire in just about any colour cheap through my second work place. Tip. if you need multiple colours, get 7 pin trailer wire and strip the colours out you need. As that is sold by the metre is can work out better that way. Plus 4mm is ample for nearly anything in a 4by.

who ever is going wrecker hunting see if you can get the air con dial bank. Healy said his is broken so he doesn't have air cond.

Can you get 10m 7 pin wire please mate?? Its over kill but better to have too much then not enough.

Leave the wreckers too me, i'll sort out the gear box even if i have to rebuild it my self!! And i'll chase up a manual climate control aswell

Drewboyaus
25th March 2013, 08:59 PM
Ive just arranged samples from my work (wont name them here but Winnie knows) 200 odd adhesive backed cable tie mounts, 2000 cable ties and 30m each of 2 sizes of split conduit.

Bloodyaussie
25th March 2013, 09:01 PM
NO joy with the seals Andrew..... my wheels bearings are starting to make a bloody noise just to add to...........

If you cannot get them I have to make other arrangement's........??? doo de doo da dooo!!!

Drewboyaus
25th March 2013, 09:27 PM
NO joy with the seals Andrew.....

Not yet. Who actually makes them? I reckon they will be the best bet.......

NP99
25th March 2013, 09:31 PM

There will be only so much you guys can achieve in your time limit. Stick with the hardest/dearest work and the rest can be done by others later. You guys are champions, but don't over extend yourself.

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 09:34 PM
[/U][/B]

There will be only so much you guys can achieve in your time limit. Stick with the hardest/dearest work and the rest can be done by others later. You guys are champions, but don't over extend yourself.

A lot more has been done with less time don't stress and remember "you gota risk it for the biscuit "

Maxhead
25th March 2013, 09:46 PM
Guys, as one that is not so clued up on how much is involved in each task that needs to be completed, is someone trying to keep an eye in whats going on?. Not trying to put a downer on anything but we should keep this in prospective and organize what is achievable while we are all there.

At this stage I'm seeing heaps of stuff happening but no real plan or schedule to how its happening.

I understand everyone is helping out and chucking in but is there a plan? I thing Benny mentioned before we need to know whats going on otherwise it will become a big mess and nothing will get done!

Maybe there should be a project plan so we are all on the same level. I know it sound silly but there is a lot of blokes turning up and it would be nice to know whats going on..

I am happy to help out in anyway I can

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 09:51 PM
Guys, as one that is not so clued up on how much is involved in each task that needs to be completed, is someone trying to keep an eye in whats going on?. Not trying to put a downer on anything but we should keep this in prospective and organize what is achievable while we are all there.

At this stage I'm seeing heaps of stuff happening but no real plan or schedule to how its happening.

I understand everyone is helping out and chucking in but is there a plan? I thing Benny mentioned before we need to know whats going on otherwise it will become a big mess and nothing will get done!

Maybe there should be a project plan so we are all on the same level. I know it sound silly but there is a lot of blokes turning up and it would be nice to know whats going on..

At Andy's the running gear and electrical will be sorted, that more time consuming. During Easter i'll be taking care of the gearbox and clutch, i'll have atleast 3 days to play with and the tools and equipment i need to get it sorted not to mention i'll have a live internet problem solving team on standby lmao!!!

Bloodyaussie
25th March 2013, 09:54 PM
I was going to put a plan in place very soon as I know of certain peoples talents.. now I know everyone wants to help but I think just being there and having this friendly community bonding together to help out is brilliant and enough support in its own right.

I will need to cooks and food and drink planners in place soon and I think those members have already made themselves known eg the mobile BBQ and Roofy with snags as well as Healy's wife leah bringing the meat!!!

I have been aware that a lot want to be involved and behind the scenes I have set tasks for people but this gear box issue has been a problem and the call has gone out to all.

I say this now as I know people have probably already responded about I will do this and I will do that that this is my project and on the day I will be doing FAARRK all and the tasks will be set as to the main people doing certain tasks.

I am going to bed now so wish me goodnight!!!

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 09:57 PM
I was going to put a plan in place very soon as I know of certain peoples talents.. now I know everyone wants to help but I think just being there and having this friendly community bonding together to help out is brilliant and enough support in its own right.

I will need to cooks and food and drink planners in place soon and I think those members have already made themselves known eg the mobile BBQ and Roofy with snags as well as Healy's wife leah bringing the meat!!!

I have been aware that a lot want to be involved and behind the scenes I have set tasks for people but this gear box issue has been a problem and the call has gone out to all.

I say this now as I know people have probably already responded about I will do this and I will do that that this is my project and on the day I will be doing FAARRK all and the tasks will be set as to the main people doing certain tasks.

Throw a leg over mate!!! Good luck!!!

Maxhead
25th March 2013, 10:02 PM

You are a dead set legend mate, I was willing to run with the project plan but sounds you got it sorted.

Let us know if you need anything done besides drinking beer!!!

MudRunnerTD
25th March 2013, 10:06 PM

Yeah good call Kris.

There is allot getting done by allot of people. I will be helping George do the clutch on Easter Saturday and we will have a further chat then.

Certainly to get the best list of parts we really need a list of jobs that need to be completed. We can then prioritise the list of jobs and members can have a think about what they can do on the list to help.

As mentioned above though there will probably be many just taking the opportunity to get together and make this forum great.

Things are well in hand it your right we need to start plotting the list of jobs to be done or nothing will get done.

Need to think about guys working inside the car while I have the front wheels off for the rebuild and the back wheel off doing the diff!!!!

George we will have a chat on Friday and Saturday mate and maybe start a new thread moving into next week mate.

MudRunnerTD
25th March 2013, 10:15 PM
Ok I can get a zd30 manual box out of a 2008 with 120k on it for $850 negotiable in lilydale. I will make a couple of calls tomorrow and let you know.

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 10:19 PM
This was supposed to be just for parts so the jobs being done on the 6th would be assigned to those who had the experience.

Darren we'll be in touch mate, have you been a slacky before ?? Lol

MudRunnerTD
25th March 2013, 10:22 PM
Mate pulling a gear box out is no mans land for me so your in charge bloke! I am a pair of hands and student ;)

Maxhead
25th March 2013, 10:24 PM
Good one Dazz, let us know what you have in mind and we'll try and work in the rest. I'm sure its all going to get done with a bit of communication between all.
I \f we have the car on proper stands then we should be able to work inside with out a hassle

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 10:24 PM
Ok I can get a zd30 manual box out of a 2008 with 120k on it for $850 negotiable in lilydale. I will make a couple of calls tomorrow and let you know.

Give me a call tomorrow Darren when you get a firm figure so it can get shipped to my shop and as said before i'll get on the blower first chance i get and see what i can scrape together

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 10:27 PM
Good one Dazz, let us know what you have in mind and we'll try and work in the rest. I'm sure its all going to get done with a bit of communication between all.
I \f we have the car on proper stands then we should be able to work inside with out a hassle

Sorry i have to disagree NOT SAFE!! I don't care what anyone thinks and i don't care what any one says but if someone is under the car no work gets done in it TRUST ME WHEN I SAY ITS NOT SAFE EVEN WITH STANDS!!!!!

Alitis007
25th March 2013, 10:29 PM
Mate pulling a gear box out is no mans land for me so your in charge bloke! I am a pair of hands and student ;)

No dramas mate its piss easy, i will teach you a couple of things that most don't know about installing a clutch the rest a monkey with a spanner can do lol

MudRunnerTD
25th March 2013, 10:32 PM
Sorry i have to disagree NOT SAFE!! I don't care what anyone thinks and i don't care what any one says but if someone is under the car no work gets in it TRUST ME WHEN I SAY ITS NOT SAFE EVEN WITH STANDS!!!!!

Yeah not a fan Kris! We just need to rotate in and out. I'd hate to have my head in the front wheel well with someone in and out of the cab mate.

There are certainly ways to make it safer which might include stands under the chassis and jacks under the diffs too and sit the chassis on blocks or something but it would need to be very well braced before we though about combining inside and outside work simultaneously

Maxhead
25th March 2013, 10:37 PM
Yep sounds like a fair call blokes, no point trying to get do to much and compromising someones life..I agree

Bloodyaussie
26th March 2013, 05:33 AM
I can pick up gear box Wed/Thurs if needed, will need a heads up as I have missed enough work of late!!

I have done a clutch on the ground and know it can be done as safe as can be in that situation but do not like it... would much rather on a hoist.

Now Daz you may have missed my post on the organising of this and I do have a plan in place but due to certain things which I will explain to you in person I cant divulge now.

The cost of this gear box has turned the budget from having everything sorted no worries to this is going to be tight.. anything $1000 and up we are really hurting and the lower below $1000 we can start the relax and there will be fun jobs to do on the day.

MudRunnerTD
26th March 2013, 10:05 AM
OK here is a Blow away moment!

i have just been talking to Brett from 4WD Obsession in Melton Vic about finding a Gear box. he can help but it looks like George has found one already.

During the conversation though he asked about other stuff we needed!

Brett will DONATE a full Swivel Hub rebuild kit from Terrain tamer including Wheel bears for FREE.

Also:

Brett will donate a Brand New 4.3 ring and pinion gear, LSD Bearing kit and second hand LSD for the car assuming its a H233 rear. This will need someone to strip and rebuild this on the day!

Need to confirm ASAP if the rear is a H233 and that we have guys that can set this diff up please.

This is a Huge Offer guys!

Need a Diff Builder? Mat and Ben can you sort this guys? This will save you lugging a rear diff on your carry on Mat!

Special Thanks to

Brett
4WD Obsession
3/17 Harrison Ct
MELTON VIC
03 9746 8699

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 10:14 AM
Box will be here this arvo, its out of a '09 wagon done under 90k........
Edit sorry box is out of an 09

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 10:25 AM
And new climate control with cables!!!

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 11:10 AM
Rear main seal ordered and Nissan done me a top deal aswell!!!

Bloodyaussie
26th March 2013, 11:49 AM
Bloody ripper guys, I am working my ass off today and its good to know you guys are kicking goals !!!!

All coming together, I said you were sexy daz!!!!

Well done George, the main stress item is done and I will pick the clutch up in a couple of hours!!

MudRunnerTD
26th March 2013, 12:17 PM
Need to confirm ASAP today if the rear diff is the H233 (small diff) or the H260??

Brett can only help us out with H233 stuff and is going to BUY an OME brand new Crown Wheel and Pinion to suit a H233.

Can we confirm ASAP please.

taslucas
26th March 2013, 12:20 PM
You guys are awesome!!
I am amazed at the generosity:-)

I don't really have much to offer but I have just sent some stickers to Jonathan for you guys to share. It's not much but at least everyone gets a sticker for helping lol.

Good work, can't wait to see some action shots:-)

FanTapstic!

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 12:36 PM
Bloody ripper guys, I am working my ass off today and its good to know you guys are kicking goals !!!!

All coming together, I said you were sexy daz!!!!

Well done George, the main stress item is done and I will pick the clutch up in a couple of hours!!

Lucky i got paid today lol... CASH!! Haha

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 12:37 PM
Need to confirm ASAP today if the rear diff is the H233 (small diff) or the H260??

Brett can only help us out with H233 stuff and is going to BUY an OME brand new Crown Wheel and Pinion to suit a H233.

Can we confirm ASAP please.

I'm waiting for Todd to get back to me mate!! Nissan are peanuts and can't tell me bollocks!!

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 12:37 PM
You guys are awesome!!
I am amazed at the generosity:-)

I don't really have much to offer but I have just sent some stickers to Jonathan for you guys to share. It's not much but at least everyone gets a sticker for helping lol.

Good work, can't wait to see some action shots:-)

FanTapstic!

Any i wanna be a Rotary when i grow up ones??? Lol

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 01:43 PM
Just got a delivery!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/03/144.jpg

MudRunnerTD
26th March 2013, 02:49 PM
Rear Diff is a H260.

MudRunnerTD
26th March 2013, 04:03 PM
OK Just got off the phone with Brett from 4x4 Obsession in Melton!! Crazy stuff.

He is astounded that this car has done a H260! Big Diff and Bullet proof! Crazy Stuff for a family car to smash a H260.

The H260 is much harder to get the parts for and get really bloody expensive for Genuine Nissan gear.

Brett has called a mate and has bought out of his own pocket a second hand H260 3rd Member ready to bolt straight in! No Charge.

I will go and see Brett later this week and he will supply a front end rebuild kit, a second hand H260 4.3 diff centre and front and rear diff gaskets from Nissan!

Thanks Brett, your a generous man.

Bloodyaussie
26th March 2013, 04:30 PM
I guess it goes without saying that we are so grateful to Brett and I know I will give him first thought in the future for stuff I might need, thank you Darren you are the salt of the earth!!!

mudski
26th March 2013, 05:54 PM
did you bust your pooper valve picking up the clutch kit BA?

mudski
26th March 2013, 06:01 PM
Can you get 10m 7 pin wire please mate?? Its over kill but better to have too much then not enough.

Leave the wreckers too me, i'll sort out the gear box even if i have to rebuild it my self!! And i'll chase up a manual climate control aswell
When do you need it by? I might be able to get it this week, but its a struggle as all my work at the moment is down the coast in Geelong all the way to Colac. So I am a semi permanent resident of Point Lonsdale for the next few weeks... But I am going home tomorrow, hopefully to start packing for the family camping trip this weekend.

Changing that over is a one stubbie job mate.

You want me to get the bolts too for the lhs recovery bracket? I reckon 3/4UNF by 1 1/2 long will be right. I take it there will be an arc welder at AB's

MudRunnerTD
26th March 2013, 06:11 PM
When do you need it by? I might be able to get it this week, but its a struggle as all my work at the moment is down the coast in Geelong all the way to Colac. So I am a semi permanent resident of Point Lonsdale for the next few weeks... But I am going home tomorrow, hopefully to start packing for the family camping trip this weekend.

Changing that over is a one stubbie job mate.

You want me to get the bolts too for the lhs recovery bracket? I reckon 3/4UNF by 1 1/2 long will be right. I take it there will be an arc welder at AB's

If you want to drop anything off mudski I am 5minutes off the Hwy at Lara.

Note that Every bolt and Nut on a Nissan Patrol is Metric. ;)

mudski
26th March 2013, 06:14 PM
Cheers Darren but everything I am getting is much closer to home, in Campbellfield.

Just though. We might need a things to do list, just so we don't get lost in it all. E.g

Clutch on the 30th
Gearbox c/o on the 30th
air cond switch on the 6th
read diff repairs on the 6th
recovery point mount on the 6th
winch mount and bull bar repairs on the 6th
light bar wiring on the 6th
Aux battery install on the 6th

Sorry if its already been said. Been a long day...

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 06:49 PM
Cheers Darren but everything I am getting is much closer to home, in Campbellfield.

Just though. We might need a things to do list, just so we don't get lost in it all. E.g

Clutch on the 30th
Gearbox c/o on the 30th
air cond switch on the 6th
read diff repairs on the 6th
recovery point mount on the 6th
winch mount and bull bar repairs on the 6th
light bar wiring on the 6th
Aux battery install on the 6th

Sorry if its already been said. Been a long day...

The list will come next week.

The wire will be needed for the 6th for the moment we pretty much have everything for saturday just waiting for the box and climate control to be dropped off.

I can't get in touch with TD.......

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2013, 06:50 PM
Rear Diff is a H260.

I know nothing about GU's or the GQ's for that matter, but looking at the GU manual it says the diff is a H233B

Am I missing something or not understanding the manual?????

It is a ZD30DDTI Motor isn't it?????

MudRunnerTD
26th March 2013, 07:15 PM
I know nothing about GU's or the GQ's for that matter, but looking at the GU manual it says the diff is a H233B

Am I missing something or not understanding the manual?????

It is a ZD30DDTI Motor isn't it?????

Yeah BA sent me a couple of pics of the back diff and no question it's a H260. We have got another one. Allot of the early ZD30 manuals came out with the bigger diff. I can't really see detail in that image Tod.

All good though its sorted

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2013, 07:23 PM
Yeah BA sent me a couple of pics of the back diff and no question it's a H260. We have got another one. Allot of the early ZD30 manuals came out with the bigger diff. I can't really see detail in that image Tod.

All good though its sorted

Click on the image and it will bring it up clearer.

Not that I don't trust you Darren, you know more about cars than me. Was just asking the question

MudRunnerTD
26th March 2013, 07:25 PM
Click on the image and it will bring it up clearer.

Not that I don't trust you Darren, you know more about cars than me. Was just asking the question

Yeah I had a look at it, sorry on the iPad and the images can be a bugger. You are right that your image certainly says that it's to a H260 but the pic is definitely a H260 and I forwarded it to Brett and he agreed it was the H260 also.

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 07:26 PM
did you bust your pooper valve picking up the clutch kit BA?

I got it off him and carried it with 1 hand lol almost lost a finger cost the rope jammed my fingers between it and the box lmao

MudRunnerTD
26th March 2013, 07:26 PM

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 07:30 PM

Doesn't look like that anymore BA done a fantastic job cleaning it with his tooth brush!! But still missed a spot lol

healy
26th March 2013, 07:43 PM
So all the parts that don't break are broken

mudski
26th March 2013, 07:59 PM
More worn just worn out I reckon from lack of servicing. So basically yeah it's broke.
i just had a little laugh at the irony of your sig...

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2013, 08:01 PM
Yeah I had a look at it, sorry on the iPad and the images can be a bugger. You are right that your image certainly says that it's to a H260 but the pic is definitely a H260 and I forwarded it to Brett and he agreed it was the H260 also.

HH43 in your pics, your right and I'm wrong yet again!

healy
26th March 2013, 08:21 PM
More worn just worn out I reckon from lack of servicing. So basically yeah it's broke.
i just had a little laugh at the irony of your sig...

I got the special model

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 09:13 PM
I got the special model

See what happens when you want to use a nice clean GU for firewood collection mate... THEY FIGHT BACK lol

Winnie
26th March 2013, 09:21 PM
Got cable ties, heatshrink, tape and bullet crimp connectors. Will we need any other electrical stuff?

MudRunnerTD
26th March 2013, 09:27 PM
Hey Winnie I might have someone that could be in the market for your party bus mate!!!!

Send me a pm with the car sales add and I will forward it to them.

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 09:29 PM
Crap!! I'll add to the list soon as i finnish dinner!!

Bloodyaussie
26th March 2013, 09:32 PM
Dinner at 10pm???????

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 09:50 PM
Dinner at 10pm???????

Yeh i get stuck in rd works every night so i eat when i get here

mudski
26th March 2013, 09:57 PM
does the GU have the provisions for a double din head unit? I got my original Nissan one here not doing anything. I healy wants it...Just a thought.

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 10:02 PM

WHAT IS NEEDED
GEARBOX / synchromesh kit (4th gear ) - ordered
Clutch kit - received
Rear main seal OEM - received
2 X Swivel hub kits and bearings ( bearings felt good but need to look for pitting and metal filings ) - 4WD Obsession
200 odd adhesive backed cable tie mounts, 2000 cable ties and 30m each of 2 sizes of split conduit - Drewboyaus
Climate control with cables - ordered

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Jack stands - MR 1 set
Wheel chock's -

WISH / GOODIES LIST

Tools

Have i missed anything???

healy
26th March 2013, 10:16 PM
Have i missed anything???

Yeah diff oil is sorted its in the garage

healy
26th March 2013, 10:18 PM
does the GU have the provisions for a double din head unit? I got my original Nissan one here not doing anything. I healy wants it...Just a thought.

Yeah it is but I'm gonna eventually put head unit uhf in that spot thanks for the offer mate

Alitis007
26th March 2013, 10:23 PM
Yeah diff oil is sorted its in the garage

Thanks mate
Was that front or back can't remember lol

healy
26th March 2013, 10:26 PM
Both mate ill let you do the others as its cheaper but if you want to slap a bigger turbo and cooler on ill grab the other oils I'm thinking a mild 490 on all 4s will be just fine

GQ TANK
26th March 2013, 10:28 PM
Let me know if you want anything picked up from brett - im in melton

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 07:03 AM
One thing I still would like to find is a cargo barrier for the back as he has kids in the car.... of course dont want to pay much???

Can you see if your contacts have any George???

Drewboyaus
27th March 2013, 08:21 AM
One thing I still would like to find is a cargo barrier for the back as he has kids in the car.... of course dont want to pay much???

Can you see if your contacts have any George???

I'm still working on that one but need to give it a couple more days.

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 09:51 AM
My arc welder will weld non stop to Sydney but is stupidly heavy so if Andy does not have one then Mig/Arc welder would be good!!!!

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 09:57 AM
Busy busy27457

healy
27th March 2013, 10:04 AM
Busy busy27457

What happened to my car

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 10:05 AM
What happened to my car

Thought it was a fair trade, your car for MY manual conversion kit!!

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 10:24 AM
Scotty just rang to tell me he got a cargo barrier for free, just have to pay freight!!!

Brilliant...!!!

MudRunnerTD
27th March 2013, 10:55 AM
Scotty just rang to tell me he got a cargo barrier for free, just have to pay freight!!!

Brilliant...!!!

Scottie, if you have it you can bring it down via oversized baggage no trouble at all. or is it elsewhere?

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 11:05 AM
I am struggling with sick boy who wants to help?????

healy
27th March 2013, 11:12 AM
I am struggling with sick boy who wants to help?????

What's going on I could get down at 5ish or come down when your home tomorrow I have no car at the moment

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 11:30 AM
No need..... I dont need help it is my boy that wants to help!!!!!!!!

All done for now so I am getting lunch and might try relaxing?????

taslucas
27th March 2013, 11:47 AM
No need..... I dont need help it is my boy that wants to help!!!!!!!!

All done for now so I am getting lunch and might try relaxing?????

Yep, don't give yourself indigestion!

FanTapstic!

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 11:52 AM
Lucas I so wish you could be here for this as I could give you a man hug and then a punch in the neck all at the same time!!!!!

taslucas
27th March 2013, 11:56 AM
Lucas I so wish you could be here for this as I could give you a man hug and then a punch in the neck all at the same time!!!!!

I thought they were the same thing???

FanTapstic!

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 11:57 AM

FanTapstic!
Normally ???

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 12:12 PM

From behind, with your pants down!! lmao

Ah wait its Chris whos pants are down ahahahhahahahahHahahahahha

Sir Roofy
27th March 2013, 12:17 PM
from behind, with your pants down!! Lmao

ah wait its chris whos pants are down ahahahhahahahahhahahahahha

what ever happenedto that quiet shy fellow i met 10months ago
ba is a bad influence on you lmao

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 12:18 PM
I'm not shy i just didn't talk much on the day so you blokes didn't tell me to bugger off for talking too much lmao

krbrooking
27th March 2013, 12:24 PM
Normally ???

Is that like a man cuddle with a reach round????

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 12:45 PM

FanTapstic!

Hey Lucas if you put a I lover rotaries sticker on your truck and drink VB on the weekend i'll give you $60 to take the spirit so you can come for the weekend at Andy's on the 6th/7th!!

All jokes aside thats a genuine offer coz your always saying you miss out and we never come to you so heres your chance!!!

healy
27th March 2013, 12:48 PM
Hey Lucas if you put a I lover rotaries sticker on your truck and drink VB on the weekend i'll give you $60 to take the spirit so you can come for the weekend at Andy's on the 6th/7th!!

All jokes aside thats a genuine offer coz your always saying you miss out and we never come to you so heres your chance!!!

but what about passport issues as he is from another country

healy
27th March 2013, 12:49 PM
Is that like a man cuddle with a reach round????

you just get back in your box

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 12:50 PM
but what about passport issues as he is from another country

I know people that know other people that will paint SPIRIT OF TAS on a leaky barge to smugle him in!!!!

healy
27th March 2013, 12:52 PM
I know people that know other people that will paint SPIRIT OF TAS on a leaky barge to smugle him in!!!!

that sounds to luxurious for a Tassie maybe just a blow up boat and sum duct tape

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 12:58 PM
that sounds to luxurious for a Tassie maybe just a blow up boat and sum duct tape

I got an old bath tube that i check tyres for punctures in and we can make paper mashay ors ?? That will work but just have to supply his own drain plug!

I'm serious about the $60

healy
27th March 2013, 12:59 PM

WHAT IS NEEDED
GEARBOX / synchromesh kit (4th gear ) - ordered
Clutch kit - received
Rear main seal OEM - received
Climate control with cables - ordered

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Jack stands - MR 1 set
Wheel chock's -

WISH / GOODIES LIST

Tools

I have 2 stands and trolley jack ill bring the stands jack if needed but 2 jacks should be plenty depends how much support you want under the car

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 01:02 PM
I have 2 stands and trolley jack ill bring the stands jack if needed but 2 jacks should be plenty depends how much support you want under the car

I'll add them to the list, just tag them sumhow so you know who's is who's

taslucas
27th March 2013, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't even drink vb if you were shouting me a trip on the queen mary!

FanTapstic!

healy
27th March 2013, 01:06 PM

FanTapstic!

don't be like that havnt you watched the adds its the best cold beer

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 01:11 PM

FanTapstic!

So your putting the sticker on?? Make the heart shape from a rotor and your coming to Andy's!!!!!!!

taslucas
27th March 2013, 03:04 PM
So your putting the sticker on?? Make the heart shape from a rotor and your coming to Andy's!!!!!!!

That is a very generous offer mate but I've got a bit on for a few weeks. One day I'll make it up. Maybe just fly over and ride shot gun with one of you clowns;-)

FanTapstic!

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 03:06 PM
If you are talking clowns then you must be talking about Winnie!!!!

Winnie
27th March 2013, 03:13 PM

Yes indeedy!

taslucas
27th March 2013, 04:06 PM

Well he is the only one nice enough to offer his passenger seat but as things stand, it sounds like he has a spare trol for me!

FanTapstic!

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 04:08 PM
Yep and he wont mind if you wheel stand it on two wheels up rocky ledges!!!!!!!!

taslucas
27th March 2013, 04:23 PM
Yep and he wont mind if you wheel stand it on two wheels up rocky ledges!!!!!!!!

I hear it's got a thumping sound system too;-)

FanTapstic!

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 04:52 PM
Welder bloke I use just picked up the front bar and it will be ready tomorrow all fixed!!!!

mudski
27th March 2013, 05:03 PM
O.k I have 10 metres of 7core 4mm wire, Deep cycle coming next week and a pair of earings to finish of the troll when its all done....Bolts , I forgot the bolts dammit! Must remember them for next week. Plus any confirmation on a welder? Will need one to make up the mounting plates for the recovery point.
Actually. George! OR Jonathan. While the bar is off if you have time, get that other plate on. Otherwise we'll just rip off the bar again at Andy's...
No biggie really.

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 05:07 PM
We have had no reply from John on the recovery points so dont know whats going on??

As stated my arc is huge and may be overkill???

healy
27th March 2013, 05:16 PM
I've got a small gas less welder here it will do the job but I don't know how to weld

Bob
27th March 2013, 05:44 PM
Do you want a can of Hand Cleaner ??????

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 05:49 PM
Well he is the only one nice enough to offer his passenger seat

Awwww how sweet, you two make a great couple!! I now know why your busy........... Your planning your wedding with Chris lol

No dramas mate, next time it is!!!

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 05:51 PM
O.k I have 10 metres of 7core 4mm wire, Deep cycle coming next week and a pair of earings to finish of the troll when its all done....Bolts , I forgot the bolts dammit! Must remember them for next week. Plus any confirmation on a welder? Will need one to make up the mounting plates for the recovery point.

Actually. George! OR Jonathan. While the bar is off if you have time, get that other plate on. Otherwise we'll just rip off the bar again at Andy's...
No biggie really.

Yeh i can make one no dramas just need the nuts to weld to the plate that way will save someone carting a welder!

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 05:52 PM

Might aswell bring it i was going to bring some but i'm not sure what time i will get to Andy's

mudski
27th March 2013, 06:50 PM
Yeh i can make one no dramas just need the nuts to weld to the plate that way will save someone carting a welder!
By memory its 3/4 sized bolts. So, 3/4UNF x about 1 1/2inch long would suffice. I have a small Cig Weld Arc welder I can bring to andy's if need...If its going to get done there that is.

healy
27th March 2013, 06:52 PM

Ba and mudski might need it tho from the sound of things

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 06:57 PM
By memory its 3/4 sized bolts. So, 3/4UNF x about 1 1/2inch long would suffice. I have a small Cig Weld Arc welder I can bring to andy's if need...If its going to get done there that is.

I have to go and get a bunch of high tensile bolts for the front bar as they are rooted and I was going to raid my donor GQ for heaps of nuts and bolts and clips and so on???

mudski
27th March 2013, 06:58 PM
Ba and mudski might need it tho from the sound of things
Like I said mate. No Spoon for him!!! It will be me, myself and a bottle of lotion for the noight!!!! Oops!

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 07:00 PM
Get back on topic you idiots!!!!!!

I have a huge bag of rags also and 3 tubs of hand cleaner and do I need to bring my big compressor and rattle gun??

healy
27th March 2013, 07:18 PM
Get back on topic you idiots!!!!!!

I have a huge bag of rags also and 3 tubs of hand cleaner and do I need to bring my big compressor and rattle gun??

talk ya self up mate big compressor ha

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 07:18 PM
Oiii lady's !!!! Settle down!!

The bolts we need are M14X 1.5 - 30mm long, they will do the bar Jonathan make sure you get zinc coated ones also spring washers and 3 Nuts for the recovery point.

Mark imperial is no good, you wanna stick to metric just incase the bolts get mixed up they're all the same thread!!!!

I'm going to check the Friction disc of the clutch suits the box now and check the condition of the oil too before i leave work !!!!!!!

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2013, 07:22 PM
I hate imperial...... the metric system rules..

Yes Healy a big compressor.......???

Also should I bring Peters engine crane??? actually I think I should as I lifted the front bar today without a winch in it and it was bloody heavy.

Peter and I have fitted a few front bars with winches and it has made it a breeze..!!!

Winnie
27th March 2013, 07:24 PM

Also should I bring Peters engine crane??? actually I think I should as I lifted the front bar today without a winch in it and it was bloody heavy.

Peter and I have fitted a few front bars with winches and it has made it a breeze..!!!

There will be 50 odd blokes there I'm sure we could lift a bar.

healy
27th March 2013, 07:25 PM

you could but a bloke on each end and one guiding the middle will cut it

healy
27th March 2013, 07:26 PM

The bolts we need are M14X 1.5 - 30mm long, they will do the bar Jonathan make sure you get zinc coated ones also spring washers and 3 Nuts for the recovery point.

Mark imperial is no good, you wanna stick to metric just incase the bolts get mixed up they're all the same thread!!!!

I'm going to check the Friction disc of the clutch suits the box now and check the condition of the oil too before i leave work !!!!!!!

is that high tensile?? just the way I go with stuff like that

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 07:28 PM
is that high tensile?? just the way I go with stuff like that

Yes mate those 8.8 ones zinc coated.

BTW i don't think the box has oil in it FFS !!!!!

Winnie
27th March 2013, 07:29 PM
I thought high tensile was no good for bullbars as they will shear easier?????

healy
27th March 2013, 07:34 PM

oil is over rated mate trying to make it lighter for the hill climbs

healy
27th March 2013, 07:35 PM
I thought high tensile was no good for bullbars as they will shear easier?????

really?? ive always changed out bolts like that for high tensile never had a drama can someone confirm this for me

healy
27th March 2013, 07:40 PM

hey mate when its up in the air where the sump protector goes (in my garage) if you have any spare bolts around can you size it up theres 4 holes on the rails but only two have nuts in side no dramas if you cant

Alitis007
27th March 2013, 07:47 PM
Home time yayyy!!

Ther was only a couple if 100 ml in it but was a nice golden syrup color but didn't taste that nice lol

oil is over rated mate trying to make it lighter for the hill climbs

How do you like convertibles ???? I can borrow a demo saw, it'll be engineered!!

hey mate when its up in the air where the sump protector goes (in my garage) if you have any spare bolts around can you size it up theres 4 holes on the rails but only two have nuts in side no dramas if you cant

Bring it i'll work something out

mudski
27th March 2013, 08:09 PM

Meh! Metric sux. I'm old school. Anyhow, just need whatever fits. As for the bar, you only need one person to remove and refit. Two if there is another handy.

Alitis007
28th March 2013, 08:48 AM
Does this look right healy?? 27509

healy
28th March 2013, 08:51 AM
Does this look right healy?? 27509

Yeah looks the same from memory thanks mate

MudRunnerTD
28th March 2013, 10:08 AM
Well been to 4x4 Obsession and picked up some stuff

Thanks Brett

The diff turned up as I stood there but Brett said he wanted to put it thought the parts washer for me so we might organize a pickup next week

Looks great!! Very tidy. No wear.

Bloodyaussie
28th March 2013, 10:34 AM
You are a champ Daz and a huge thank you to Brett at 4x4 obsessions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cbates
28th March 2013, 10:46 AM
Healy do we need any wire for finishing off the light bar? Got plenty I can bring if needed!

healy
28th March 2013, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure what's been sorted but It does need to be wired to the rocker switch and I've still got run pos and neg from batt to the rear for a socket and I've also got to wire up an awning light I've got the light strip but will get a switch for that in the next few days

Cbates
28th March 2013, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure what's been sorted but It does need to be wired to the rocker switch and I've still got run pos and neg from batt to the rear for a socket and I've also got to wire up an awning light I've got the light strip but will get a switch for that in the next few days

No worries, ill show you how I did my awning light on the day and see if you want to do similar. Easy as pie getting a socket in the back. Ill see what cable I can find if you don't have any!

healy
28th March 2013, 12:23 PM
No worries, ill show you how I did my awning light on the day and see if you want to do similar. Easy as pie getting a socket in the back. Ill see what cable I can find if you don't have any!

I'm out of cable more than willing to buy some but I'm getting the impression I'm not aloud to help much lol

Cbates
28th March 2013, 12:24 PM
Haha fair enough. If you want to buy some go for it but ill have a look at how much I have, maybe some f the other guys have some too!

Alitis007
28th March 2013, 12:40 PM
I'm out of cable more than willing to buy some but I'm getting the impression I'm not aloud to help much lol

How well do you make coffee??? Better start practicing, white with 2 and has to look like the yarra ( in color not taste haha)

MudRunnerTD
28th March 2013, 01:18 PM
Did someone mention Coffee!

Double Tap Long Black no sugar is liquid Gold

Alitis007
28th March 2013, 01:29 PM
Thats not nice mate!! If it goes missing tomorrow it was...... Healy!!!! Hahahaha

healy
28th March 2013, 01:38 PM

Fancy pants

Winnie
28th March 2013, 04:11 PM
That's not coffee, this is what coffee looks like
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/03/153.jpg

healy
28th March 2013, 04:12 PM

Thanks Brett

The diff turned up as I stood there but Brett said he wanted to put it thought the parts washer for me so we might organize a pickup next week

Looks great!! Very tidy. No wear.

Awesome work daz and 4x4 obsession but what's with the land cruiser pics

healy
28th March 2013, 04:13 PM
That is not bloody coffee

Bloodyaussie
28th March 2013, 04:52 PM
That is not bloody coffee

That is the shit they scrape off the floor??????????????????

Bloodyaussie
28th March 2013, 05:06 PM
The bull bar has been repaired and had the hole for the winch clutch cut out...... just needs to be cleaned up and sprayed!!!!

healy
28th March 2013, 05:15 PM
The bull bar has been repaired and had the hole for the winch clutch cut out...... just needs to be cleaned up and sprayed!!!!

I can spray it at a later date if that's less stress on you sweet pea

cgm
28th March 2013, 06:01 PM

Now this is why I wish I didn't live so far away. I could've come and got in the way - drinking coffee all day!

tapatalk on galaxy note

cgm
28th March 2013, 06:05 PM
That is the shit they scrape off the floor??????????????????

Exactly - beat me to it.

Then any left on the floor after that first scraping goes into International Roast tin!

tapatalk on galaxy note

Drewboyaus
28th March 2013, 07:07 PM

Ssssssiiiiccckkkoooooo.....

Drewboyaus
28th March 2013, 07:08 PM
Exactly - beat me to it.

Then any left on the floor after that first scraping goes into International Roast tin!

tapatalk on galaxy note

Hahahha...
Don't you mean International Dust??????

mudski
28th March 2013, 07:49 PM

Thanks Brett

I didn't know Don Burke worked at 4x4 Obsession?

healy
28th March 2013, 07:54 PM
I didn't know Don Burke worked at 4x4 Obsession?

Nah it's Brett Burke his son

Clunk
28th March 2013, 08:12 PM

Wouldn't expect anything more from a VB drinker!!!!!

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

healy
28th March 2013, 08:15 PM
Wouldn't expect anything more from a VB drinker!!!!!

Just because wa can't make a real beer

Clunk
28th March 2013, 08:21 PM
Just because wa can't make a real beer

You're right but I don't drink any of that kack either........

Gimme Grolsch, lowenbrau or Stella any day

healy
28th March 2013, 08:38 PM
You're right but I don't drink any of that kack either........

Gimme Grolsch, lowenbrau or Stella any day

Now ya making me feel sick lol

Clunk
28th March 2013, 08:49 PM
Now ya making me feel sick lol

You just don't know what's good for ya mate!!!!!!! Lol

Oh and I mustn't forget Murphy's, Tanglefoot, Youngers IPA, Wadworth's 6X and a fair few other real ales that I can't remember the names of right now ;)

MudRunnerTD
28th March 2013, 09:00 PM
Let me know if you want anything picked up from brett - im in melton

Hey mate, the diff arrIved while i was there today but Brett wanted to put it through his parts washer. Any chance you can go past next week some time and grab the diff centre? Would be great!

Cheers Darren

healy
28th March 2013, 09:01 PM
James squire amber ale is my equal choice to vb but don't like paying $80 a slab for it

healy
28th March 2013, 09:03 PM
Hey mate, the diff arrIved while i was there today but Brett wanted to put it through his parts washer. Any chance you can go past next week some time and grab the diff centre? Would be great!

Cheers Darren
If he can't daz ill get down there for ya mate and thanks for the great work

Alitis007
2nd April 2013, 10:10 PM

WHAT IS NEEDED
GEARBOX / synchromesh kit (4th gear ) - INSTALLED
Clutch kit - INSTALLED
Rear main seal OEM - INSTALLED
Transfer case TX12A ( 75w90) 1.9 liters - INSTALLED
Gear box TX12A (75w90 ) 3.5 liters - INSTALLED
Climate control with cables - received

SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Jack stands - MR 1 set
Wheel chock's -

WISH / GOODIES LIST

Tools

Just a little bump so people can tell me to add in the stuff i have missed please. I will also be adding tool to the list so can you also let me know what they are so we don't end up with 30 left handed screw drivers and a longwait!!! Lol

Winnie
2nd April 2013, 10:23 PM
I've got spare muffler bearings here.

Bloodyaussie
3rd April 2013, 06:50 AM
Its a shame but a couple of things will not make it in time but should be here next week so will be fitted before the Tallarook trip...

Scotty managed to get a barrier cage for free and I got freight for only $70 from Taree to get it here, not bad!!!

Alitis007
3rd April 2013, 07:28 AM
Is the barrier the only thing ?? Worst case i'll stay back one night and install whatever it is??

Bloodyaussie
3rd April 2013, 08:00 AM
No you bloody wont George...........he he !!!!!

healy
3rd April 2013, 08:03 AM
Drip trays?? Should I get 2??

healy
3rd April 2013, 08:04 AM
Is the barrier the only thing ?? Worst case i'll stay back one night and install whatever it is??

Your a machine

Bloodyaussie
3rd April 2013, 08:16 AM
Your a machine

Dont encourage him.....

Need a 20lt container for all the waste oil as it is not AB's job to get rid of......

Now there is a little bit of cash left over and I will get a bunch of cans of brake cleaner and maybe some wd-40... anything else??????

Alitis007
3rd April 2013, 08:23 AM
No you bloody wont George...........he he !!!!!

Why not Bloodyskippy??!!

Alitis007
3rd April 2013, 08:25 AM
Your a machine

I'm like the Energizer commercial, i just keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going lol

healy
3rd April 2013, 08:28 AM
Dont encourage him.....

Need a 20lt container for all the waste oil as it is not AB's job to get rid of......

Now there is a little bit of cash left over and I will get a bunch of cans of brake cleaner and maybe some wd-40... anything else??????
I just put into drip tray fill up diff then pour back into bottles I will take all the rubbish with me

MEGOMONSTER
3rd April 2013, 08:30 AM
I'm like the Energizer commercial, i just keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going lol

You also get grumpy after all that going. Lol

Alitis007
3rd April 2013, 08:32 AM
You also get grumpy after all that going. Lol

The mrs get me angry and i fire away at random people lol

MEGOMONSTER
3rd April 2013, 08:34 AM
I fire away at random people lol

Like a Tommy machine gun. Lol

Alitis007
3rd April 2013, 08:35 AM
I can bring a ton of 20ltr containers that i have and i can put the oil in my waste oil collection drum. Dont worry about brake cleaner Jonathan get degreaser and 1 tin of Freeze and release for seized bolts!!

Alitis007
3rd April 2013, 08:35 AM
Like a Tommy machine gun. Lol

On SPEED haha

MEGOMONSTER
3rd April 2013, 08:37 AM
on speed haha

pml..............

Bloodyaussie
3rd April 2013, 08:43 AM
You 2 bone heads get with the program....... I dont want to have to send you both to the naughty corner!!!!!!!!